The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Matrix and RAAF Walliamtown

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

Matrix and RAAF Walliamtown

Post by Woogey »

Hey guys,

Can I first just reiterate a big THANK YOU for the Matrix! It works Great! I decided to do a little tour of Australia, and let me say Williamtown looks great! All the Ai was there, Buildings were in place with no texture flashing. However I had downloaded this scenery of Willaimtown V2 by Lawrence Nichols from Flightsim.com that a photoreal backdrop and wanted to compare the two sceneries. To my amazement they are the same buildings! Now there is one big difference that I noticed right away. Mr. Nichols version specifically states that it is built for FSX. The interesting part is that the two versions of the airport do not line up with each other. This leads me to believe that the MAIW Matrix version is in fact a straight conversion of the FS9 without adjusting the position of the airport to match the newer simulators geo location.

I am a big fan of the PR backrounds for airports and would rather use Nichols version. This leads to the next question, Who developed the buildings? Could his V2 be substituted into the matrix? If not, could I manually replace the matrix version with his? I am unsure of the file structure for Matrix at this time........

-Woog
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Matrix and RAAF Walliamtown

Post by Firebird »

OK Loz actually developed Williamtown when his mate was actively developing aircraft.
He developed the scenery and allowed us to use it and he released it separately.

Now there was something weird about one of his releases, and I think it was Williamtown. What happened was that somebody made an amendment and loaded it up to the usual sites. It may have been the FSX conversion. It was done w/o his knowledge and authority and he was extremely naffed off.

Now it could be that I am getting confused with one of his other releases, however we do not have the authority to release this FSX version. Therefore we can't include that in Matrix.
To the other option that you mentioned, yes of course you can replace the V2 with the one in the Matrix download. What we can't do though is guarantee any fixes for any issues you may get using it.
Steve