The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

V-22 Osprey

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: V-22 Osprey

Post by Trevytt2004 »

John,

Loving the Ospreys at mildenhall and the scenery is looking great...will revisit my grass planting fun I did a few years back to put some vegetation here and there.
How is the long roll air file designed to operate as the ones at egun are set for that file but they land and all do an about turn and backtrack to the threshold and then taxi off.

all the best

Trev
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'm not sure what's happened there Trev. I've just verified that the long roll .air file does prevent a back-track at Mildenhall in FS9. However, in the new FSX configuration, you are quite right, it doesn't. I can't remember what I did two years ago to prevent it and It would take a while to investigate each change I try because the testing needs a long taxi-out and a circuit each time. I think we have to live with that for the time being. I don't really want to break off from what I'm doing at the moment to try and re-engineer the FDE.

John
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Hey there John....that's no worries at all...I will tinker with maybe the brake settings....may allow it to trundle on for longer.
Looking cool in P3Dv4 too.

all the best

Trev
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

That would be a good place to start Trev. Another possibility is to adjust the min_throttle_limit setting that is currently set to equal 0.00. It's in the[GeneralEngineData] section of the aircraft.cfg file. Try reducing it by -0.05 increments to see if you can lengthen the run and avoid the back-track.

You will need to be careful with other factors that affect the approach speed, like the flap lift settings. The Osprey FDE is a little complicated, with speed an important factor in the vertical lift/descent and the engine swivel settings.

Let us know how you get on.

John
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

John has kindly made us another version of his V-22 models. This time, the first foreign operator of the V-22, the JGSDF:

Five paints with flightplans have been sent to the Hangar to represent the first five JGSDF V-22s currently at MCAS New River to train with VMMT-204.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Not the colour that you would expect the JGSDF to use but nice anyway.
Steve
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

They are eventually destined for use on the two Izumo Class Wepromisetheyaren'tcarriers. Which explains the paint scheme, but now raises questions about why they are with the JGSDF and not JMSDF.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I heard that they are trying to form a Marine Corps w/o actually calling them Marines, sounds too agressive. So well in keeping with that I guess.
Steve
jetrange
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by jetrange »

Here are the 2 CMV-22Bs currently active with the Navy. One is with HX-21 at Pax River, and the second is the one recently delivered to VRM-30 at NAS North Island.

gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Looks great!

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin