The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Region Europe Now Available

Check here for official announcements from MAIW.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Region Europe Now Available

Post by Greg »

Matrix version 1.2.1 is now available through the auto-updater or in our Download Hangar, bringing military AI traffic from The Old Content to your Prepar3d v4.

Go to the briefing.

Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: Region Europe Now Available

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Excellent update....just finished removing all my duplicates and all looks great.
Cant wait to see the update that brings back the 135's to the hall
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

The 135 sure would be nice, however Mike's taking a break from modeling so I fear we won't see the MAIW version converted any time soon, and we're not sure what to do with the PAI version since there's no way of contacting them any more. :(

Glad you're liking the new region.
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Foxbat »

Thanks for a new, great region!

If you can live with my simple MGAI KC-135R conversion for a while (only one model without wheel chocks and engine covers), I can upload it here. Have them flying all over the planet.
Andrew
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Appreciate the offer, Andrew.
However, we have to be very careful about what we do about conversions and making them available. The reason the 135s are not available is that the modeller felt that things were being done w/o authorisation. So we can't allow your mods to be distributed.
Steve
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Greg wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 21:38 The 135 sure would be nice, however Mike's taking a break from modeling so I fear we won't see the MAIW version converted any time soon, and we're not sure what to do with the PAI version since there's no way of contacting them any more. :(

Glad you're liking the new region.
Oh my...this is such a shame.....especially as he feels stuff was being done without authorization....I feel....although im sure some wont agree....that if you produce a model for the group....and you decide to leave or take a break etc...if a model needs to be tweaked...just to allow it into an upgraded sim...that should be allowed. heavy modification like adding stuff...changing model animations that aren't already there obviously is a no no.

maybe this is a call out for international rescue in the form of John Young to knock one out...lol....the rate he produces models.

I live in hope..

Trev
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

A free for all to modify another's models is still a breach of copyright unless the author consents, however small the changes. Mike has expressed a wish and that needs to be respected.

I don't "knock out" models, I spend hours and hours with a lot of care,trying to get them right.

However, building an FSX/P3Dv4 KC-135R did feature on my short list for my current project as it would fill the obvious gap. I decided in favour of something else because of the number of paints involved. The current project is half way through, but I may return to the idea.

John
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

John Young wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 17:21 A free for all to modify another's models is still a breach of copyright unless the author consents, however small the changes. Mike has expressed a wish and that needs to be respected.

I don't "knock out" models, I spend hours and hours with a lot of care,trying to get them right.

However, building an FSX/P3Dv4 KC-135R did feature on my short list for my current project as it would fill the obvious gap. I decided in favour of something else because of the number of paints involved. The current project is half way through, but I may return to the idea.

John
Yes...I fully agree with the breach of copyright etc...just wish there was a slightly more flexible clause for the group.
Hope my term knock out didn't offend as I know you put in countless hours....was more a reference to the speed to which you have developed and the rate the aircraft have appeared....which makes it look like you go to sleep and wake up and hey presto...theres another model out there.

Have nothing but the utmost respect for yourself and the others here as you all have added a new dimension to the hobby.

If you return to the idea of a 135 in the future...i for one would be overjoyed as im sure would countless others.

all the best

Trev
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Trev, look at it this way.
Supposing that somebody painted a small apple tree in the background of the Mona Lisa as they thought that it would add a nice little feature behind her.
Would Da Vinci be p*ssed off? Damn straight he would, He would take affront that that somebody felt that they could improve upon his work no matter how long he spent on it.

People here have allowed mods to be made to their creations but permission was sought and detailed first. That is the difference.
Steve
jlunddk
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jlunddk »

Hi.
I just installed the Europe region, and wow some fantastic models and repaints there is. If I open Traffic_MAIW_Polish_Mig-29s_FSX.bgl in AIFP, they're all red (as in missing) and I can't find any Mig-29 on the MAIW site that I can substitute them with. Are you planning on updating them later?

Jorn.
jlunddk
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jlunddk »

Update: I have tried other flightplans now ie. Hungarian Gripen, Frecce Tricolore etc. and they're also missing, so it's not only the Polish Mig's.

Jorn
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Hi Jorn,

Yes that's right. All traffic files from the MAIW packages are included even if no models are available for P3Dv4 for now.

It is our hope that one day all models will be converted and then it's just a simple matter of dropping them into region updates. This was an easier solution for me than having to decompile the traffic files, take out the lines for aircraft that don't have P3D compatible models, compile the traffic files, then decompile them again when new models are available to readd the lines etcetera...