The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

E6-B M.I.A.?

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
stovepipe707
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

E6-B M.I.A.?

Post by stovepipe707 »

1st. Congrats on delivering a well organized and condensed set of files. I know this wasn't easy.

2nd. I tried to donate a small monetary gift of gratitude ($50.00 usd) but kept getting a bounce back prompting the: "client was not valid" You might want to look into that.

3rd. There is a traffic bgl for the E6 in the N.A. package. But negative aircraft. So was it intentional that it was left out or did I miss something? I have Asia,Europe and N.A. installed

4th. Please Please tell me there will be a v4 ready kc135 in the next update???????????? please please please please.....

In Closing: Thank you so much for all of the effort that has gone into this project. So much appreciated.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: E6-B M.I.A.?

Post by Firebird »

To respond to your points.

1st. On behalf of the team that actuallly did the work, I thank you.

2nd. This I do not know about and will have to leave these for Greg as he knows more about the process.

3rd. The traffic files are converted but not all of the aircraft are. The simple answer is that by converting the traffic files all that is is necessary for the aircraft to appear is downloading the models once they have been converted. The Mercury is one of those not yet converted.

4th. A conversion was done but we did not have the proper admin in place to release it, so we couldn't. The modeller himself has no time for a conversion but has now given permission for a conversion to be done. We await for somebody to have the time to do it.
So we can't guarantee that it will make the next update.
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

2nd: Did you try the "donate" button in Matrix? It works on my end. Alternatively, you can use the PayPal widget on the bottom of this page. It all goes to the same account. Many thanks already.

3rd: I clearly misjudged how much users would scrutinise every region because I've had to explain this so many times already. I see no other option now than to spend my next weekends going through 467 traffic files to remove the aircraft lines without available model, only to add them back in when the model becomes available. :(
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

467 traffic files? That's nothing!
Wait until unit conversions hit the streets 777 so far and counting, and that is purely officially released MAIW packages on the Owls Nest page.
Steve
stovepipe707
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by stovepipe707 »

Greg wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 15:17 2nd: Did you try the "donate" button in Matrix? It works on my end. Alternatively, you can use the PayPal widget on the bottom of this page. It all goes to the same account. Many thanks already.

3rd: I clearly misjudged how much users would scrutinize every region because I've had to explain this so many times already. I see no other option now than to spend my next weekends going through 467 traffic files to remove the aircraft lines without available model, only to add them back in when the model becomes available. :(
Yes, the button In the matrix.When I get home I'll give it another try. Hey I wasn't criticizing by any means concerning the NA package. I fully understand the tedious work and time it takes to compiling data. I hope you didn't misunderstand me or the tone of my post. My concern was more on my end thinking I missed something. That was all. Carry On and thanks again!
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

the best news is that the author has given his permission to do the conversion.....that will open up all the -135 models hopefully...
I think Andrew did a conversion already...might be worth checking with him as to whether he could handle the rest of the models...just a thought..

stay safe everyone

Trev
CorvettePilot
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by CorvettePilot »

Trevytt2004 wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 16:33 the best news is that the author has given his permission to do the conversion.....that will open up all the -135 models hopefully...
I think Andrew did a conversion already...might be worth checking with him as to whether he could handle the rest of the models...just a thought..

stay safe everyone

Trev
Hello,

Is this model available for P3DV4 yet ?

ty
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

The E-6B (in fact the entire Elvis 707 family) is still in progress.
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

Greg wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 09:29 The E-6B (in fact the entire Elvis 707 family) is still in progress.
This brings up a point - at the moment there are a grand total of (give or take) 7 - 10 people globally working on the conversion to P3D.

This includes converting the actual models to P3D (and FSX if possible) native format, converting and updating the texture files, converting the traffic files, writing the documentation, testing to make sure that things actually work and releasing the updated packages. Multiply this by the number of packages that MAIW has released and you get some idea of the magnitude of the task.

Anyone who wants to help with any of these steps will be greeted with open arms.

Gavin