The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Editing Just Flight static scenery

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
Miggers
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Editing Just Flight static scenery

Post by Miggers »

Hiya folks,

What it is,I've got the Just Flight Wales and West Mids. scenery installed,but on Valley's ramp the is a cammo'd Herc
that I'd like to remove.

The reason being is that I've set up AI to represent the "Cardiff Bomber"Eastern Airlines flight that does the twice daily
Cardiff/EGFF-Valley/EGOV-Cardiff run.
Only trouble is that the Herc is parked on the ramp spot where the "Bomber" would park and so the AI just flies over
and returns to Cardiff rather than dropping into the circuit and landing.

Cheers.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Re: Editing Just Flight static scenery

Post by Stewart Pearson »

You would need to address your question to Just Flights' forums.

We cannot advise on such matters, particularly on a payware product.

Sorry.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Whilst not touching the points that Stewart made there I did find something curious about what you said.

Firstly, in the dirtiest way possible you could have the Eastern park next to the Herc if you wanted but what raised my eyebrows was the fact that you said that AI just flies over and returns to Cardiff.

The thing is if the Herc is static but if you have a parking spot in the same place for Eastern, i.e. static scenery on a parking spot, then the Eastern would land and park 'in' the Herc anyway. The fact that it doesn't land has nothing to do with the Herc. If there wasn't a parking space available the aircraft would land but then disappear on the runway as soon as it slowed down.

What you describe seems to be a problem with the flightplan. I think you have two problems. The flightplan one we could possibly help with but for the scenery issue you would need somebody who has paid for the scenery and therefore knows how to remove it, or as Stew says contact Flight.
Personally I would fix the flightplan first. Get the plane on the ground then worry about the parking precision.
Steve
Miggers
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Miggers »

Well that's an idea to contact Just Flight,didn't think of that one meself :x ,got to be worth a try.

Here's the flightplan:

AC#60,G-MAJZ,1%,24Hr,IFR,07:35,08:25,90,F,7614,EGOV,08:55,09:45,90,F,7615,EGFF,16:10,17:00,90,F,7618,EGOV,17:30,18:20,90,F,7619,EGFF

Here's the 30528 aircraft line:

AC#60,295,"Eastern Airways BAe Jetstream 41 Alt Window Config"

Here's the entry in the aircraft config.file:

[fltsim.4]
title=Eastern Airways BAe Jetstream 41 Alt Window Config
model=
sim=djc_ai_js41
texture=EZE-MAJZ
atc_airline=EASTFLIGHT
atc_parking_codes=EZE
atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP
description=DJC JS41
ui_manufacturer=British Aerospace
ui_type=Jetstream 41
ui_variation=Eastern Airways

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK due to some RL cr*p it took me longer to get this done that anticipated but testing is now complete.

The tests were down using your flightplan txt files and using the DJC JS41 so as to match your system.
I also tested both the original fde that came with the model and Jan Martins fde to see if the fde was the issue. Oh and purely for fun I also installed the Eastern Airways texture.

No errors were found compiling the traffic file.
First test flight flown using Jan's fde.
Took off from EGFF fine and flew to EGOV at FL090 and landed perfectly well on rwy 32.
Altered the fde to the default one and re-tested.
Took off from EGFF fine and flew to EGOV at FL090 and landed perfectly well on rwy 32.

What does this prove?
Well the traffic file is fine. Both fdes are fine the problem is that there is something wrong with the afcad.
Either you only have the Just Flight EGOV afcad and there is an issue with that or you have at least one other EGOV afcad active and that is causing the AI engine to get confused.

I hope that this helps.
Steve
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joecoastie »

I just did almost what Steve did. Same results. Followed the afternoon flight with "Little NavMap", both to and from EGOV.
Aircraft and flight plan did what they're supposed to.
Make sure there's a parking spot big enough (9 m/FSX-P3D) and coded for parking properly (EZE) and unless you have problems such as Steve outlined, the "Cardiff Bomber" make it's runs twice a day.
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
Miggers
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Miggers »

Cheers for that gents.

I must have the JF afcad,but I'm also running the MAIW Hawks 1 and 2 packages.
Is there an afcad in those that could be causing grief?
Also strange is that John Young's JYAI EC-145's don't sit on the DHFS helipads either(don't show at all).
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

You should not have more than 1 'EGOV' afcad. I am not including supplementary ones such as 'E1OV' as they have a different ICAO.

IF you have more than one EGOV then inactivate all but the one you want to use. If you want to use the JF afcad but it doesn't have parking for the Hawks then you have to either amend the JF one to include the needed parking or amend the other afcad to fit the JF scenery.
You can't just have multiple afcads with the same ICAO and expect no issues.

On the Jupiter issue that is another problem. Those are addons and not released by John in his package so lets get you afcad issue sorted out first.
Steve
Miggers
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Miggers »

Ta Steve.

I'll have a search to see what I can find
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Miggers

If my understanding is correct, then the FS9 Just Flight scenery was originally part of UK 2000 scenery. Might be wrong though.

In the scenery folder look for a bgl ending with "stat.bgl". In this case "egovstat.bgl".

Cut and paste it in a back-up folder and see what happens.

John
Miggers
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Miggers »

It seems you're largley correct John,the old UK2000 scenery is indeed the basis for JF's airports.

"egovstat.bgl" duly found and removed,no more cammo'd C-130 on the ramp,but still no "Cardiff Bomber"showing it's
face at the alloted time.
Strange as I have the Coningsby MAIW package installed and have visits to Valley from the Typhoons.

Cheers.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

As I said earlier, if you have no other active 'EGOV' afcads then the problem is the JF afcad.

If you haven't found one the easiest way is to disable the JF scenery and have another afcad, such as one found in our Hawk package, and see if the plane arrives. If it does then this proves it.
Steve
Miggers
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Miggers »

Do they start with "AF2" and end with "BGL" Steve??

If so I have one in the Hawks part 1 package and in the JF Airports.

No time to play now tonight,but if that's the case tomozza is test day.....
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No they don't have to start with AF2, they can start with anything but will end with BGL.
They will all contain 'AF2', 'ADE' or 'ADE9'. as well as 'EGOV'.

Get yourself something like Everything, the portable version will do, https://www.voidtools.com/ it will probably make your searching a lot quicker.

I did say earlier that you should only have one afcad with the EGOV active but you say that you have at least 2. Remove all but one active afcads.
If you don't think that you can remember which one came from which scenery then there is a simple method.
In each 'scenery' folder that you have an 'EGOV' afcad create an 'ARCHIVE' sub-folder. Then move the currently unwanted afcads into those relevent ARCHIVE sub-folders.

This way you remove them but keep them safe with the scenery at the same time. So it makes it easy to swap them out until you find one that works.
Steve