The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Wright-Patterson AFB (KFFO)

Non package releases from the MAIW Development Team
aljude
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Re: Wright-Patterson AFB (KFFO)

Post by aljude »

Just been thru and these are "MTtrees10-12"... make sure you have the "MTtrees10.bmp" texture in your Addon Scenery/Texture folder
Time travel does exist, i just discovered it next week...
pryan2112

Post by pryan2112 »

I used the scenery bgl you posted, and i thank you. Im on a frenzy now that these other posts have popped up. I want to clarify that MTtrees10/11.bmp go in the Addon Scenery/Texture folder or the Addon Scenery/Wright-Patterson/texture folder, and also I couldnt find MTtrees12.bgl/bmp on Flight Sim or Avsim.
aljude
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by aljude »

Sorry, I didn't make that very clear... The tree in question is tree 12 of the MTtrees10.bgl

You need to place:
MTtrees10.bgl in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder
MTtrees10.bmp in your Addon Scenery/texture folder

You can swop back to the original scenery_trees in the Wright-Patterson/scenery folder...
That, I hope, will solve your problem :D
pryan2112

Post by pryan2112 »

Hey your fix worked! Drinks are on me. Thanks a million Tony.
aljude
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by aljude »

pryan2112 wrote:Hey your fix worked! Drinks are on me. Thanks a million Tony.
Phew... Glad your sorted, we got there in the end :lol:
33sierra

Post by 33sierra »

Thank you Tony and MAIW. You guys are super cool.
SpectroPro
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Post by SpectroPro »

Any chance of this being redone/fixed for P3Dv4? I have looked all over for a Wright Pat scenery as I live close and went there often when I was in AFROTC...

Greg
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Hi Greg ;)

Unfortunately, Tony hasn't posted in years, but I'll include a converted version of his KFFO in the next North America update for Matrix.
Sonarboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sonarboy »

Hi Greg. My apologies for troubling you but wonder if you could help or point me in the right direction. I am at present working on Charlston AFB with a new Afcad but have become unstuck trying to get the hangars I need. I have tried many of the scenery libraries that MAIW Libs produce. Some of the hangars are there but are placed and not individual so cannot be used. I have attached a pic of those I need. Tony Dalton helped me some years ago with the Mildenhall radio mast that I needed separately. Do you know if he is still going ? Look forwards to hearing from you. Best wishes. Brian
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Hey Brian! Good to hear from you again.

I can't see your pic but it doesn't really matter since only Tony would be able to help you. Unfortunately, we still haven't heard from him and privacy rules prohibit me from divulging his registered email address. The only thing you can try is sending him a PM and hope for the best.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Brian, if you attach the picture you mentioned in your post, I'll see if I have anything that might help. Others here might too.

John
Sonarboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sonarboy »

Hi Greg thank you.

I found the name Tony goes by and did send him a message with a picture of the one I didn't attach with my first query to you. Sorry. :oops:
Sonarboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sonarboy »

Hello John.

Great to hear from you and loving Snoopy buddy. Another terrific surprise.

To be honest test flying it out of KCHS at the moment for extra movements

I have this time attached a Google Earth pic of the hangars I need or something as near as can be.

Always grateful and thankful for any help you can give.

Brian.
Attachments
KCHS Hangars.zip
(195.77 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Brian, sorry, can't help you with those hangars unfortunately. What is it you are trying to do? Are you trying to change the AFCAD in Tony's FS9 Charston scenery, or are you building for FSX/P3Dv4. If it's for the latter and for personal use, can you not convert the scenery with MCX? Is the problem that Tony has not split the AFCAD from the scenery objects?

John
Sonarboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sonarboy »

Many thanks for coming back so quickly John.

Its a complete new scenery for FS9 with the Military one side and the civilian airport on the other side which has been completed so a fairly large Afcad. It will be eventually be uploaded for the community to use so not for personal use. Parking is in, on both Military and commercial but a slightly more basic scenery for the civilian side to keep file size down. It was just the Military hangars that are causing a slight hitch and the last thing I want is to stand on designers toe's hence using the ones already in the MAIW scenery Ob's Libraries. Some of the hangars needed are not a single Ob lib and seem to be placed with many other objects so unfortunately not usable.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello

About Wright Patterson, is there any scenery (FS9) of the USAF Museum next the air base ?

Thanks.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Understood Brian. If you are using lots of single objects from lots of libraries then be sure to check your frame rate as well as trying to keep the file size down.

John
Sonarboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sonarboy »

Many thanks for your kind advice John.

I have kept the scenery for the commercial side to a minimum so that the Military side can be more detailed. That should help keeping the frame rates in check.

Brian
danhult
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by danhult »

TheFoufure wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 20:09 Hello

About Wright Patterson, is there any scenery (FS9) of the USAF Museum next the air base ?

Thanks.
I haven't found any scenery of that part of the base. It actually started out as a separate base (McCook Field) and had its own ICAO code (KDWF) until it was merged with Patterson Field and the museum was created. Thus, it has had no active aircraft since then. Here's a link to some info about it's history.

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/OH/Air ... htm#wright

Since those pictures were taken, they have added 2 hangars and a rocket gallery to the museum. It definitely should be on anyone's aviation museum bucket list. In the meantime, you can take a virtual tour here:

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Virtual-Tour/

Though it lacks active aircraft, this part of the base is still quite active with the Air Force Institute of Technology, Air Force Research Lab, and USAF School of Aerospace Medicine. I personally would love to see scenery of it, but the fact that it lacks active aircraft would make it a low priority, compounded by the fact that would require several custom buildings.