The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Panavia Tornado

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Panavia Tornado

Post by clickclickdoh »

Wow, those look amazing.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Many thanks for the package Dale - beautifully done. I am pleased to confirm that it works just as well in P3Dv4 with the P3Dv4 versions of the Tornado's.The package should also work with Dale's FS9 scenery. He has provided me with the RGB paint masters so that I can make the textures, but I'll need to get his FSX flight plans into FS9 format.

I'm also grateful to Giorgio for Ghedi from which the Italian Tornado's operate. I have this working in all 3 sim versions:

I can also confirm that Gert's scenery of Buchel and Schelswig for the German Tornado's also works in all 3 sims too. I was going to post some screen shots now, but Gert is adding a bit more before release. I'll hold fire on those for the moment.

I've also been busy getting the GR4's into my Marham scenery. Again, this is for all 3 sim versions:

Although, I don't believe any are left at Marham, I have included two GR4A's - one with a Raptor pod and the other without:

Finally, I needed to do something with the F-35Bs. I see from the local news sites that 5 more have been delivered, making 9 in total. I don't know where they park at the moment, but I see they are intended to operate with 617 Sqn on the western HAS site. The last photo I saw of that was in June and it was still a building site. In any case, I would think that the GR4's need to vacate the base at the end of March next year to make room for them.

For the time being I've parked the F-35B's in the Rub Hanagars on the main apron. I don't think these hangars are actually there now, but the .bgl can be removed from the scenery folder if desired:

I need to slot the GR4's into the existing flight plans for Marham to give variability. At the moment they are just using my test plans and all depart together. Once I've done that, I can get on with a manual and packaging. I want to get this one out first because of the limited time left for the GR4 in operational service.

John
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

Looking like a damn fine package again John
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

Amazing!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Part of it is your work of course Giorgio.

Quick update. This afternoon I managed to download Dale's FS9 scenery of Dhahran, install the FS9 versions of the Saudi Tornado's and convert the flight plans from FSX to FS9 format. They are all appearing nicely, albeit without their textures until I make them from Dale's masters.

So that makes all the modern Tornado's and their sceneries compatible across all 3 sim versions.

John
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

will it been relesead before Christmas
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

ado4567 wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 17:13 will it been relesead before Christmas
Only if you have been a good boy during this year, and you write a proper letter to Santa... :mrgreen: :smt114 :mrgreen: :smt114 :mrgreen: :smt114

Giorgio
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

I take it that was a joke I cant' wait for it to be updated is it going to be flyable and any word on updating the typhoons
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I love your enthusiasm, but please let people finish one project before throwing them headlong into another. :)
Steve
airplanedoktor
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by airplanedoktor »

Outstanding work as usual guys!

Cheers!
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

ado4567 wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 18:53 I take it that was a joke I cant' wait for it to be updated is it going to be flyable and any word on updating the typhoons
Never joke about Santa - or John's next model will be a nugget of coal
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

gavinc wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 23:13
ado4567 wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 18:53 I take it that was a joke I cant' wait for it to be updated is it going to be flyable and any word on updating the typhoons
Never joke about Santa - or John's next model will be a nugget of coal
I have a faint memory of AI Aardvark once releasing a surprise christmas gift. It was a model of of a ruler. (iirc someone had discovered one of their models was a few feet short compared to the real thing) :lol:
asdro
Major
Major

Post by asdro »

I want to ask if you can tell what differences are between the Dale s Dahran Scenery for FS9 compared to P3Dv4 scenery.

I mean are therr missing buildings ect?
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

asdro wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 03:45 I want to ask if you can tell what differences are between the Dale s Dahran Scenery for FS9 compared to P3Dv4 scenery.

I mean are therr missing buildings ect?
The FS9 version won't work in P3Dv4. The differences are that the FS9 scenery is a more complete scenery but will have a bigger hit on performance due to modelling techniques used at the time. Also my texture work of the time was not great and along with not a lot of reference material I had to almost guess what something looked like.

The FSX/P3Dv4 version has a lot better texture and modelling work done (in my opinion) but because scenery can take a long time to produce, I have built a "Lite" version so that it can be released with Johns Tornado and then I will continue to add more as time goes on until I have a more complete scenery for Dhahran.

If you are a FSX/P3D user I would recommend the scenery that will come with the aircraft.
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

This comparison should help users to see what Dale is referring to:

Dale's FS9 scenery in fact is not bad at all and I get at least 45 fps with a full set of Tornado's. It's a very dispersed scenery and the characteristic "bunker-type" shelters away from this main area are present in both.

John
asdro
Major
Major

Post by asdro »

I m a FS9 user
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

asdro wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 07:14I m a FS9 user
The only version of the scenery you'll be able to use is the FS9 version.
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The Tornado GR4's/4A's are all done for FS9 and FSX/P3Dv4 and sent for inclusion in the Download Hangar. Just be patient, I think Greg is away for a few days.

Nearly the end of an era and the beginning of a new one:

I'm going to write the manual next and package the Italian Tornado's with Giorgio's Ghedi scenery and flight plans as a joint offering from the both of us.

John
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Really exceptional work as usual....

just wondered....is there a way to 'tweak' or adjust the parameter within the sim that controls the altitude at which the gear is retracted???

looking forward to seeing the F3's....
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Trevytt2004 wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 18:02 Really exceptional work as usual....

just wondered....is there a way to 'tweak' or adjust the parameter within the sim that controls the altitude at which the gear is retracted???

looking forward to seeing the F3's....
Not that I have found, mate. There are a few parms that are dynamic and are compiled from various other parms so you can't just set it.
Steve