The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Lakenheath EGUL

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: Lakenheath EGUL

Post by hobby »

Looking through my Lakenheath v2 scenery I found that I have EGUL_AFX but I do not have either AFX_EGUL or AF2_EGUL.

Does that mean that I have no parking at all on the main airfield?

Pavehawk helicopters still there and flying.

Tried John's Traffic file - no f15s seen.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

OK load up Johns traffic file in AIFP.
If there aircraft list is still red then you haven't got the aircraft in the system. If they are black then there is another reason.

On the afcad front AF2, AF and ADE are all programs that can create/modify afcads and EGUL is simply the ICAO of the aircraft. Therefore EGUL_AFX indicates it is an afcad for Lakenheath created in AFX, as would AFX_EGUL. The naming standard is quite often at the pleasure of the creator.

Ignore the afcad for the moment. If the aircraft show up as red then it doesn't matter what afcad you have, there are no aircraft on your system to show up.
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

OK. I shall take break from this one and return to RL. Weather forecast not too good for weekend so hope to return to EGUL puzzle Sat. or Sun.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

EGUL_AFX is indeed the AFCAD for the aircraft parking for the ramps and HAS's, so you should all be set to see the aircraft if you have the JYAI F-15 versions in your Sim Objects\Airplanes folder. Just drop the traffic file I posted into your scenery\world\scenery folder, launch the sim and take a look. Hopefully, you will have a positive outcome in less than 5 minutes from reading this message.

John
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

Early return to puzzle.

I changed John's F15s for FSX to his F15s for FS9. I then inserted the traffic file, see above, into my world scenery. Went to Lakenheath - no F15s visible. Disappointed.

Next to AIFP and opened the Traffic.bgl All entries were in black. Stuck again.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'm not sure why you need to change the FSX F-15s to FS-9 when you are using FSX?

How many texture folders (paints) do you have in your F-15E FSX version? We just need to confirm what you are working with.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK forget trying to install FS9 related files unless you have to If you are trying to install for FSX. Only install FSX stuff.
You will only get yourself confused.

1, Do you have the FSX scenery installed?
2. Do you have the JY F-15s installed for FSX?
3. Do you have the FSX schemes for the JYAI F-15s installed?
4. Do you have the EGUL traffic file converted from FS9 to FSX installed?

Now the problem is that the traffic file that you converted has the names of the original NBAI F-15s and so nothing will show up UNLESS you alter the names to the names of the newly installed F-15s.

The traffic file that John supplied only uses his original package release schemes and not the full 48th FW package that you downloaded elsewhere. It is purely trying to see if you can see F-15s with his original package release to determine if it is an afcad issue.

So we get to where you say that the traffic file is loaded into AIFP and all the aircraft are listed black.
So can you say what the first entry in the aircraft list is please, and include the number at the beginning of the listing so that we know exactly what you are trying to load, and what colour the listing is.
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

As you can see I have been a member of MAIW for eight years plus. I have never before had any serious problems with installing any of the MAIW packages. This one is the exception.

I shall now go right back to the start and delete the whole of my current Lakenheath files.

Later this evening I shall re-install: the Lakenheath FSX Scenery, JY F15s for FSX, the FSX schemes for the JYAI F15s and then the EGUL Traffic file converted from FS9 to FSX.

That's all I shall be able to do today.

This subject seems to have stirred up quite a lot of interest: the number of views at 19:40 hrs yesterday was 599 and is now 715.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Sometimes that is the way to go - clear out and start again. It is sometimes necessary when doing non-standard things.
Remember you are not just installing an MAIW package you are installing and amending it at the same time.

The one addition will be that you WILL need to amend the traffic file to pick up the new aircraft titles.

After saying ignore everything FS9, if you want to ensure that you have converted it properly then install the original NBAI aircraft in FSX as well. Then the traffic file WILL be correct. When you load the traffic file in AIFP you will have black titles and when you load FSX you should have aircraft at the base.

Once you are happy that you have traffic, then add the JYAI aircraft and amend the traffic file and you should have the desired effect you were after.
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

Firebird: I now have re-installed items 1,3 & 4 in your list. Can you please identify by exact filename "the FSX schemes for the JYAI F-15s "? I am not familiar with that item.

A busy RL day today with household chores and our Probus Club Christmas lunch so I cannot return to this exercise until this evening.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

You said you were installing the JYAI F-15s for Lakenheath, I took to meaning the paint schemes for each aircraft at EGUL.
Do you mean that you were just installing the initial release JYAI F-15 package that includes some schemes for Lakenheath?
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

That's why I asked for the count of the paints in the aircraft folder Steve. The aircraft/paint package may not match the flight plans, but a simple check of the aircraft.cfg file entries with the aircraft.txt file would have told hobby that if it were the case.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yeah, John, I figured that this is where you were going. I was being led by the initial statement which is why it needed to be clarified.

I am hoping here that the answer is just the original release schemes because those and your traffic file should lead to a completely black aircraft list in AIFP then hopefully with the reinstall there will be aircraft in game.
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

I installed the JYAI_F-15s_FSX_1 with a release date 14th August 2015. This zip contains:

ACG F-15-E with three textures an AIR file dated 25/11/2015 and an acft.cfg file dated 11/8/2015. Plus:

ACG F15_C_D with three textures with AIR file and acft.cfg of the same dates.

Eventually will I need another file for additional aircraft textures?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK so your are sticking with the initial release from JY.
That is fine and simpler.

Now ensure that the traffic file that John supplied earlier is added to the correct folder. This will not contain references to the NBAI aircraft, only to those that you have installed from the original zip.

When you now open up that traffic file in AIFP all the aircraft in the listing should be black and the first one should be :-
15001 - JYAI_F-15C standard load

If this is not the case then the aircraft are not installed properly.

Now if all is well then open up the game at EGUL and you should see aircraft. If you don't you have still not done something.
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

When Traffic file opened all entries are in black. First aircraft in list is 15001 - JYAI_F-15C standard load; Parking radius 7m/23ft.

Opened FSX no aircraft to be seen at Lakenheath.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK so all the aircraft are in the game so, if we assume that your traffic slider is set to 100%, my guess would be that either the scenery hasn't been installed - and I think it is or you would have said that there is no scenery - or you have another afcad for EGUL in your system. You need to search to see.

For the moment I am ignoring the possibility of an FS9 traffic file in your system as you would not see the Pave Hawks - unless the Pave Hawk traffic bgl is the FS9 traffic file.
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

I have spent an hour searching my computer for a duplicate EGUL_AF2 or AFX - I cannot find any duplicates.

If I go to the FSX Scenery file in my C Drive (My FSX program is installed on my D drive) and delete the existing FSX scenery cfg will FSX write a new FSX scenery cfg on restart?

In other words do you think that I might at present have an incorrect listing in my FSX Scenery cfg.

By the way I note that no one has chipped in to say that they have successfully installed FSX Lakenheath and its fixed wing traffic. I'd be very pleased to read that others have had more success than myself.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well whilst I am still clinging to FS9 JY definitely has EGUL installed and I can't believe that none of the FSX mafia installed it.
There is obvious something amiss somewhere but we have addressed the obvious ones.

On the scenery rebuild question I am not sure that this would make any difference. The reason I say this is because when you added the scenery you saw it change so it is there and you said that you have checked for other afcads and there are none do this would tend to reinforce this.
You could try renaming the scenery.cfg to create a new one just so you could add the Lakenheath again in case you accidentally created some vortex by adding the scenery in completely the wrong place but I don't think that I would hold out much hope for that. It could be useful to cross that off your list though.

The only other thing I can suggest is to go here http://aifs2.pvdveen.net/ and download an install ACA2017.
When you run it it will run a lot of cross checks to see if you have any errors, traffic errors among them. It does support FS9/FSX and P3D.

I will have a think about other possible causes.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Are you looking in the right place hobby? Because you are using my test traffic file, there are no parking codes in the aircraft.cfg file. The aircraft are concentrated in the central area and not at the distant HAS sites:

It must install OK, or I wouldn't have been able to take this screen shot a few minutes ago.

John