The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Panavia Tornado

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Jester945271
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: Panavia Tornado

Post by Jester945271 »

Hi John, thanks for the Tonka kit, i'm not billy at Marham anymore. I do have a couple of questions. I have the rub hangers on the apron and have downloaded the 35's as directed but there is nothing in the hangers, if I goto the aircraft cfg in Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\JYAI_F-35B_CTOL there is no fltsim.25 entry it only goes up to 13 is there another one somewhere?

I also dont discount the idea that I am being dumb lol

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Paul
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Hi Paul,

There are 4 models used by the UK F-35B's, CTOL just being one of them (1 aircraft). The rest are spread between STOVL (7 aircraft), SRVL (2 aircraft) and VTOL (1 aircraft). 9 of the aircraft are at Marham and the other two are in the USA.

The manual describes the arrangement.

John
Jester945271
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jester945271 »

Im sorry John I dont understand.

I have the JYAI_F35Bs_FSX_1.zip

have expanded as directed but I still only have 1 F-35 in the QRA shed just off the apron, do I need to download the other packages as well? I have read the manual and when I do a search for the fltsim.25 entry it isn't found.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'm pleased to say that the Saudi Tornado package was sent this afternoon to Greg to be added to the Download Hangar when he has the opportunity to do that. My thanks to Dale for the paints, scenery and flight plans.

I now have everything I need to package up the Italian and German Tornado's too. I got a little diverted for a few days, at the suggestion of Max, to make the B61 maintenance trucks used at Buchel and Ghedi. I'm glad I did, because it adds more interest to the nuclear alert areas of both bases. Gert also been really busy enhancing his two German Tornado sceneries with new trees and shelters and a few other objects. This is one of the new trucks added at Buchel:

I'll push ahead over the coming week to get the Italian and German packages out. Then I can get back to what I originally intended for the project - the retro GR1's for Manfred and Ian.

John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Jester945271, when you installed the F-35B package it should have 4 separate aircraft entries, CTOL, SRVL,STOVL and VTOL, like this (The A's and C's are from other packages):

Each aircraft folder has it's own aircraft.cfg file that contains, amongst others, the UK entries. The flight plan for the Marham F-35B's picks entries from all 4 F-35B folders. From what you are observing, it looks like you are only picking up the one (CTOL). Do you have the other 3 F-35B folders installed? Don't worry about the aircraft.cfg entry numbers.You must also have installed the new AFCAD for Marham contained in the GR4 zip for the parking to work.

If the aircraft, new AFCAD and traffic file are in place, there should be one F-35B under the pair of shelters outside the main hangar and the other 8 should be under the rub hangars.

With those 3 conditions met, do you see them?

John
Jester945271
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jester945271 »

Thanks John

I got it working. Thankyou so much. I had some old fs9 files too and cleared it all out today. It all looks awesome. Thankyou so much for getting this converted. Marham is alive again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Glad you got it sorted.

John
raclim
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by raclim »

Hi John,

Regarding the retro GR1's, will they be released as part of the upcoming Bruggen scenery or will you, in case you finish the GR1's sooner, release them before the new Bruggen scenery comes out?

The reason why I am asking is because I tweaked the original fs9 Bruggen for use in p3d and i am really eager to fill it up with some Tornado's :lol:

Cheers,
Randy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Good question Randy. There will be two packs of GR1's, one for Bruggen and the other for Honington. My intention is to release them with the sceneries, either as part of those packages or as stand alone AI packages that users can download in parallel - whatever the scenery authors would like.

John
raclim
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by raclim »

Understood, keep up the great work!

Randy
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

John, I would really admit to release your fantastic GR1s as soon as they are ready. I can't foresee the Brüggen release, even if I am working really hard on it within all my spare time and by all my few skins to realize it.
Users like Randy with a tweaked version or others who are satisfied so far with the default or a minor detailed Brüggen scenery deserve your gems.

@Randy: How are the frames of the FS9 version now in P3D? This was my first scenery I realised (on purpose LOL), so there were still many issues inside (especially by using too many texture sheets that causes many frame drops).
Regards, Manfred.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

I couldn't resist to already install the GR4 at Brüggen yesterday and they fit perfectly into the scenery so far (just to get a feeling what happens near future :D ).
John, I would suggest to maybe add the fantastic sound folder from the PAI Tornado sets (sound/soundai), if there is no problem with permissions. These files let your Tonkas really rock 8)

https://abload.de/img/jy_gr4_etur_1jrev7.jpg

https://abload.de/img/jy_gr4_etur_237if6.jpg

https://abload.de/img/jy_gr4_etur_3mvcc4.jpg
Regards, Manfred.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Ok, if you are happy with that Manfred, I'll release the Bruggen GR1's when they are ready. The Honington package, I'll hold until the scenery is ready. I know that is progressing nicely and should be finished well before Bruggen.

I can't include the soundai files with the releases because I don't have permission, but I can certainly direct users to them.

John
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

John Young wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 12:09 I can't include the soundai files with the releases because I don't have permission, but I can certainly direct users to them.
John
Ah, I guessed as much, thank you!
Regards, Manfred.
raclim
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by raclim »

@Manfred

Did some testing for you and the result is that I get about 40-50 FPS. This includes having 3 squadron of AI FSX/P3D converted NMAI F-4's at Bruggen and 3 squadron of FSX/P3D Buccaneers/jaguars at nearby Laarbruch. The scenery textures do indeed take some time to fully load.

To give you a context of the tweaks i made to get your fs9 Bruggen to work in P3D:
- Converted all library objects to P3D.bgl
- Converted all textures bmp's to DDS
- deleted the fs9 ground poly's and replaced them with P3D GP's
- Removed the original trees from your scenery. They gave me a big hit on the FPS, so i replaced them by placing forest GP's on the locations where the trees were located ( nice interm solution when using ORBX trees)

PC specs: Intel core I5-4460 3.2 GHZ, 16GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 TI

I hope this helps you a bit
Randy
Jester945271
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jester945271 »

Hi John will there be vcpmod files for the Tonkas?
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I wasn't planning to do that. Most should already be in the MAIW (FMAI Tornado) FS9 packages and users interested in Tornado's should already have them installed. I wouldn't relish the thought myself of having to trawl through them all to fish them out to include in my packages after first getting permissions to do so of course. I wouldn't know what to do to make them FSX/P3D compatible in any case.

John
Jester945271
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jester945271 »

No worries. The scenery is amazing. I set up chaseplane and have just been watching comings and goings today. Tonkas,Lightning’s,Hawk T1s and some visiting ospreys. It was amazing to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've just sent the Italian Air Force Tornado packages with Giorgio's scenery of Ghedi and flight plans, for inclusion in the Download Hangar.

The files are:

FS9: JYAI_Tornados_Italian AF_FS9_1.zip

FSX and P3Dv4: JYAI_Tornados_Italian_AF_FSX_P3D_1.zip

I'll get on next with packaging the German Tornado's.

John
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by hschuit »

John, that screenshot is stunning, should be the new home page banner I think, that MiG-29 has been there long enough :-)

Henk.