The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

General MAIW Conversion Package issues

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: General MAIW Conversion Package issues

Post by Firebird »

I have to ask the most basic question here, as you did not specifically mention it, but have you installed the scenery as well?
Steve
md11driver44
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by md11driver44 »

Went back and checked and Mountain Home scenery is installed
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK so to recap.
you have the scenery installed.
You have aircraft installed.
You the traffic file installed.

Please confirm that you have BOTH sliders set to 100%.
That you have checked in AIFP that there are no FS9 traffic files.
When the traffic file when loaded into AIFP it shows all aircraft in the list in black.
Steve
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by jetpilot1980 »

I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with the JYAI Tornados specifically the Italian / Ghedi package? My issue is that several of the Tornado models seem to be missing / not showing their wings and landing gear (see attached screen shot) I noticed this in both the ECR variants and some of the IDS Tornados as well. This screen shot was taken in P3dv4.3. I have tried using both the P3D models and the FSX models provided in the recent package and both sets of models give the same result. The Saudi and Marham Tornado packages do not seem to have any issues... Any ideas? Thanks.
Attachments
tornados.JPG
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Quick follow up with another screen shot. This one is the IDS BOZ model callsign Luce 7078...
Attachments
tornado 2.JPG
tornado 2.JPG (2.67 KiB) Viewed 3791 times
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Jetpilot, the Tornado on the right of your first screenshot, is part of the oldest package. That package used the PAI Tornado working only in FS9, not the new JYAI model.
You have mixed something...

Giorgio
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I think you have the wrong package installed for P3Dv4.

John
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

I will try re-downloading and re-installing... But the package I have is the one that was released on Thursday for FSX and P3dv4 in the "files by newest" section...
Attachments
tornado download.JPG
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've just downloaded and checked my Italian AF Tornado package for FSX/P3Dv4 and it is the correct package. What you need to check is that you don't have the previous MAIW PAI Tornado package and traffic file also installed. Your screen shots definitely show FS9 Tornado's in P3Dv4 because the gear animation is not working.

John
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

I think I may have found the source of the issue... There is a "revised" package floating around ITAF_Revised_FSX.zip that claims to have the Tornado AMI model by PAI converted for FSX within it... But turns out it is still a FS9 model inside it (found using the Owls Nest viewer)... Go figure... Thanks for the help guys...
Attachments
ITAF Rev 2.JPG
ITAF Rev 2.JPG (11.27 KiB) Viewed 3763 times
ITAF Rev 1.JPG
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Beware of 'floating around stuff'.
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

jetpilot1980 wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 17:18 There is a "revised" package floating around ITAF_Revised_FSX.zip that claims to have the Tornado AMI model by PAI converted for FSX within it...
It does not claim anything of the sort.

https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... -revised-2
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've tried to "go figure", as suggested.

The "Package Italian Air Force Revised (FSX/P3D Tornado Cockpit Fix)" is for P3Dv3. It was released 2 years ago. It's not floating around but anchored in a legitimate part of the Download Hangar. So why was it not realised until the new JYAI Tornado's were installed that it is not compatible with P3Dv4? If it was installed at the same time as the new JYAI Tornado's, why was that done?

John
md11driver44
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by md11driver44 »

OK. In regards to Mountain Home AFB, is there an AF2 file or AFX file so that I can make sure I have parking spots for my F15's?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

md11driver44 wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 22:54 OK. In regards to Mountain Home AFB, is there an AF2 file or AFX file so that I can make sure I have parking spots for my F15's?
Now my suspicions are raised, as afcads are created for specific scenery and their placement/layout so they are not transferable.
So the question I have to ask is which Mountain Home scenery are you using, and which afcad have you got active in that scenery?
Steve
md11driver44
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by md11driver44 »

I have the Mountain Home scenery from here. The afcad is from the scenery. Since its for FS9 it will not work in FSX will it.
md11driver44
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by md11driver44 »

I was able to download the FSX version of Mountain Home but I still cannot get the F15's to show up. I gave them a A/C code and assigned them to each F15 that is at the airbase but still nothing. I have the AC codes as: (M001, F15, 390). Is this correct or do I need to change anything.
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pslinger »

A quick question raised by Steve earlier, when you load the flightplan in AIFP do all the aircraft titles show up in black or red font? Also is there a green check or red X above the aircraft column? I installed the FSX Mountain Home scenery and in order to get the JYAI F-15's to appear I had to modify the flightplan aircraft titles to match the aircraft titles in the aircraft.cfg file that came with the paints by Mark Walsh.

Paul
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

md11driver44 wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 02:23 I was able to download the FSX version of Mountain Home but I still cannot get the F15's to show up. I gave them a A/C code and assigned them to each F15 that is at the airbase but still nothing. I have the AC codes as: (M001, F15, 390). Is this correct or do I need to change anything.
Strictly, speaking the codes are in the reverse order. here the priority is given to anything with an M001 code, second choice to anything with F15 and finally if there is any room left to anything with the code 390.
You would really want unit code, type and category in that order. this being said it only matters if the aircraft entries match the afcad codes.

However, the overriding factor for parking size is size. If you have a parking slot that is available and fits an aircraft it will park it there, regardless of codes. So really for neatness you want the parking codes to match the parking slot codes.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

md11driver44 wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 22:40 I have the Mountain Home scenery from here. The afcad is from the scenery. Since its for FS9 it will not work in FSX will it.
It may do. Being FS9 doesn't mean it won't work. If you have the FSX object libs in your system it may be fine.

However, I think that you may be jumping ahead here. Just because it is an FS9 afcad doesn't mean that is the problem. It might be but you need to check the more obvious causes first.

So again we come back to the question of whether the traffic file matches aircraft on your system and the easiest way to check is to load the traffic file into AIFP.
Steve