The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Potential US F-15 Order

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
ahs06
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Potential US F-15 Order

Post by ahs06 »

The DoD has put 1.2 billion dollars in its proposed budget for 12 F-15X's. Looks like the DoD has stopped drinking the F-35 kool aid and realised they have some truly pressing upgrade requirements.

about.bgov.com/blog/pentagon-billion-new-boeing-fighters/
"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind"-C Ritzer
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Potential US F-15 Order

Post by MIKE JG »

ANG replacements (according to the article). Can you imagine the USAF brass watching brand new Eagles going to Guard units instead of their front line squadrons?? Now that would be funny!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
ahs06
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Re: Potential US F-15 Order

Post by ahs06 »

I love the fact it was civilian leadership, not the generals asking for it. There's no logical reason that every aircraft in the inventory is stealthy. During the 90's a group of elected officials threatened to not promote general officers unless they moved new C-130Js into ANG units flying E models first. My guess is this could become 300-400 aircraft once full-scale production is running.
"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind"-C Ritzer