The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Panavia Tornado

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Panavia Tornado

Post by John Young »

I found the problem Kev. I did change the part name to reflect the JYAI Tornado afterburner, but the attachpoint name linked to it is still the f-16 effect as you discovered with MCX. I've been observing the wrong flame in my tests.

Fortunately it's not a big job to change it over, but I will have to do it in all the P3Dv4 models. I'm not sure how much time I'll have over the next few days, but I want to verify that I have changed over successfully before I provide the replacement models. Would you care to be my Guinea Pig just to make sure please? Obviously no hurry.

John
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Dinga69 »

I'll gladly test it for you John - I was thinking of just changing the effect in MCX and recompiling the model, but I know that sometimes there can be undesired side effects (Probably Operator Error as MCX is brilliant) and I 'm loathe to mess the models up. Can I suggest a test with the GR4_BOZ_Flash model as I know ZG752 takes off within 5-10 minutes of the default sim time.

Meanwhile, I'll rename the original file of yours to fx_f16_ab.fx as nothing else in my setup uses that filename as of yet
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Just ran a test with said model and the renamed file - worked a charm!! Now to try find that sound package!! :D
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Kev. I've just tested the correct IDS afterburner and that's now working fine. I'll work through the rest of the IDS/ECR and GR4 models in the morning and see how far I get. It shouldn't take long now that I know what to do. Better to re-issue the models for those users not familiar with MCX I think.

John
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Glad to be of assistance and agree with you completely about a reissue - MCX is a fantastic tool, and with the help of the conversion team's guides I've managed to convert some civilian models for personal use with great success, but it's not for the faint hearted or impatient types!! And it also shows what work goes into even the most simple of models. Respect to you and all the other talented modellers!!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I don't think I need to trouble Kev with some GR4 tests. I managed to change out the afterburner packs in every P3Dv4 Tornado model this morning and I viewed everyone successfully in a take-off test. I've updated the 4 main zips and sent them to Greg to swap them for the ones in the Hangar when he next has the time and opportunity to do that.

In the meantime, I've zipped the updated models themselves and provided a temporary link to them on my cloud server:

P3Dv4 GR4's:
https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/BNIihMIPLe

P3Dv4 Italian IDS/ECRs:
https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/01aHUwDaML

P3Dv4 German IDS/ECRs:
https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/UYHquhBiGj

Saudi IDS/ECRs:
https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/2ZUAWlPXHf

These are only for P3Dv4 users - just swap then for the models you have. FSX and FS9 models are fine.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

John
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by Manschy »

John - even it is not the real Tornado sound - what about the soundpack that comes with your F-15? That's infernal, two engines and - please correct me if I am wrong - just a copy/paste thing to do. Just a thought....
Regards, Manfred.
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Manschy wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 12:59 John - even it is not the real Tornado sound - what about the soundpack that comes with your F-15? That's infernal, two engines and - please correct me if I am wrong - just a copy/paste thing to do. Just a thought....
That's the same one I use, the only issue I have with it is if there are 2 or more aircraft using the same aisound file one of them will be at full power constantly until take off, just a weird FSX thing i guess
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Thanks for the update John - all good now!!!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

First thank you so much for the German Tornado's. They look really good!

Now I have 2 questions about the cfg file. Do you really need the atc_flight_number= line in the cfg file? Cause isn't the flight number already in the flightplan? Also there is no callsign for any of cfg entries. Is that a error?
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I explained the situation with call signs in my post of the 11th December (Page10).

I you want to delete the atc_flight_number in the aircraft.cfg file, then by all means do.

John
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

John Young wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 09:46I've updated the 4 main zips and sent them to Greg to swap them for the ones in the Hangar when he next has the time and opportunity to do that.
The FSX/P3D packages in the hangar now reflect the latest changes.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thank you so much Greg. I'll leave the temporary links to the new models active for a couple of weeks.

John
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hgschnell »

Hi John, thanks a lot for your fine Tornados.
I have installed the Marham scenery and the F-35 and Tornados.

Now I am confused because I formerly installed a MAIW RAF Tornado Package (FMAI) with these traffic files.
Are they all or partly obsolete now?
Attachments
RAF2.jpg
Guenther
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Yes indeed Guenther they are obsolete - they drive the FMAI Tornado as deployed at Marham in 2010. For the current RAF deployment you need only the traffic file in my GR4 packages.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

They are all non-current, best way to describe them, as John has released the only RAF Tornados left in servce.

1. if you like retro traffic you can either leave them in your sim or archive them to another folder to keep them.
2. if you have removed the old FMAI Tornados then theses plans will not work.
3. if somebody paints up JYs new models in the retro schemes to replace the FMAI models then if you have kept the plans you can mod them to pick up the new models and schemes and have instant traffic.

It really is up to you and what you want.
Steve
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hgschnell »

Thanks John and Steve,

I just deleted plans and planes.

I discovered the problem when I checked with AIFP3 if EGYM has enough parkings.
EGYM was overcrowded...
Guenther
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Pete has flagged to me that my Marham scenery for P3Dv4 has a few stray default taxiway signs surviving the FSX excludes that I carried over. Having verified that and also noting that the default ILS glideslope tower is also keeping my custom one company, I produced the attached P3Dv4 exclude that gets rid of them. Just place the .bgl file from the zip in your P3Dv4 Marham\scenery folder. FSX and FS9 versions are fine.

John
Attachments
Marham_P3Dv4_default_excludes.zip
(239 Bytes) Downloaded 61 times
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Could anyone tell me what call sign(s) were used by 45(R) Squadron Tornados at Honington and also the TTTE at Cottesmore please? I want to insert them into the aircraft.cfg file for the UK GR1's/GR1A's to force the aircraft out of the GA category in FSX and P3D and save a few problems for people who have that slider set to zero.

I've searched the net, looked ain the popular sources and for Tornado's in the MAIW DL Hangar without success.

John
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by hschuit »

John, there is a list at https://www.qsl.net/kc9cnn/USAFcallsigns.htm
It gives several callsigns for the TTTE/TWCU Tonkas.

Henk.