The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Activating FSX On Steam

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Activating FSX On Steam

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

How do I activate FSX on steam, I bought a copy of FSX instore some many years ago now, I have an activation code in the box, but having followed the advice of looking in the left hand bottom corner on steam for activate game can't seem to find anything like that on steam now, last time I installed it found I was better off with FS9, now trying it again, or at least trying to to, any help would be appreciated
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Activating FSX On Steam

Post by Firebird »

IF I understand you correctly you want to know how to activate your commercial copy of FSX on Steam.

If that is the case then the answer is that you can't. The versions are different. You have to purchase the Steam version, FSX:SE,through Steam.
There has been times when you get it available at a reduced cost I think I got mine for $5.
Steve
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

No you can, I have an activation key that came from the store game, got it sorted now, I was just being a Muppet, but thanks for taking the time to look at my post and reply, cheers
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well, in which case you have supplied info that was not known. many thanks.
Steve
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

Yeah just to make sure that gen is correct though, when i bought it i didn't realise, it actually says on the case that it is a Steam game and requires downloading and online activation, you are I suspect right about the CD version, like I say it was me being a middle age muppet and a failed hard drive and replacement hard drive that led to me advertising my muppetry, thanks for all the hard work you guys do on here by the way, just getting to grips with ADE and Gmax, so hopefully will one day produce something worth contributing
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ahhh,
That is both interesting and informative.

I was not aware that you could purchase Steam games commercially, so that is something new, and what you say ties in with what I understood about FSX:SE, that it was different to the commercially available FSX.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

If you need any help with Gmax, you only have to ask.

John
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

Thanks for that, still at a very basic level, but i am sensing there will be plenty of questions