The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Lakenheath EGUL

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Lakenheath EGUL

Post by John Young »

Or why the helicopters are showing.
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by hobby »

John: I downloaded your scenery as requested above and loaded it into my fsx addon scenery having first disabled my own version of Lakenheath v2.

No f15s seen at different times of the day but the helicopters are there and I did notice that a Typhoon was parked on one of the large rectangular parking areas where one would expect to see the F15s.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks for testing that. So, you have the same aircraft as me and they are installed in the right place. The aircraft.cfg is definitely the same and the aircraft entries will match the entries in the traffic file. You have the same scenery and the same traffic file as me and I am assuming it's active.

That leaves stuck at this point, unless Steve has any remaining ideas. I'll think about it a bit more over night.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

OK for me three things I want to clear up.
One is the traffic sliders question.
The second is if you could confirm that the ACA2017 check you did was in FSX mode.
Finally which version of FSX was it that you are using?

I do have a reason for asking.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK I think I may have solved two things.

Firstly, I added to my FSX:SE, something that I have only loaded up 3 times, the Lakenheath scenery and it appeared OK.

Secondly, I added the raw aircraft folders and traffic file to the required places.

I then loaded up the game and played around with the traffic sliders. By default no traffic appeared because both sliders were at 20%, and I knew that the traffic file needed the slider at 100%.
By trialing I found that the Airlines slider made no difference to the traffic. The traffic only appeared when the GA traffic slider was at 100%.

Now I then looked closer at ACA2017. What I found was that even if I setup my FSX setup it always checked the FS9 libs, I am guessing something to do with SE, so it too came back with errors showing that no aircraft were installed when it fact they were and AIFP was saying that they were there - as indeed the game showed.

My guess is that the ACA2017 thing has thrown us off course for the last two days and that the problem is that your GA slider is not at 100%. Can you check this please.
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

I am using FSX Gold edition.

I confirm that ACA 2017 was in FSX Mode.

Normally my traffic sliders are set at; Airline Traffic Density 100% and General Aviation Traffic Density (GATD) at 0%. This is because I have that excellent program UTLive which provides excellent world wide civilian airline traffic and I prefer not to have any GA traffic.

I have just changed the GATD to 100% and - "Shazam" - 15 F15s appeared parked as John's picture with another 11 F15s parked on another part of the airfield. Pave Hawks still there and flying.

This is a puzzle. All my MAIW Typhoons, Tornados, Pave Hawks, Stratotankers and Hercules operate with the GATD at 0%, can something be done to enable the F15s to operate with zero GATD?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yes it is easy.
If you have a callsign in the' atc_airline' parm then you are an airliner if not you are GA.

So the problem is solved.
Now all you have to do is download and install Zsolts LN package and install those for a more varied experience.

---===*===---

For anybody else that is out there on FSX and you get asked the question of what your traffic slider percentage is set to it will save time if you mention the position of both sliders.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Steve,

Would it be useful to have an "AI won't show" subject right at the top of the support forums, so something as basic as this is not overlooked again? The first post (sticky) will be a checklist along the lines of:

- The AI aircraft should be in the FS9\aircraft folder, or FSX or P3D \sim objects\airplanes folder

- The traffic file should be in the scenery\world\scenery folder, or whatever other folder is used to store the files and is active in the scenery library.

- The AFCAD/AF2/AFX file in the local scenery folder for the relevant AI aircraft has the appropriate parking of the right size and there is no duplicate file for the airfield.

- AI traffic sliders (2 in the case of FSX and P3D) are both set initially to 100%.

- For FSX and P3D, there must be no traffic files active that are formatted for FS9. Use AI Flight Planner (insert link) to find and convert FS9 files.

etc....

Anyone raising a "can't see AI" question again, should first be referred to the sticky and asked to confirm that all points have been checked. I'm sure you can build on the bullets.

John
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

"AI won't show" in Support Forum, John that's a splendid proposal.
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

Many thanks to both John and Firebird for the hours spent solving this problem. I now have all of Zolt's repainted F15s (82) installed together with his traffic file. Traffic at EGUL is interesting.

Just to round things off, by renaming the trafficAircraft.bgl (to be found in FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery) to trafficAircraft.bgl.orignl I completely stopped all the default AI airliner and general aviation traffic. No more Orbit or Cessna that radio chatter. Keep both the FSX Traffic sliders at 100% - MAIW traffic and UTLive traffic continues to operate.

I hope that this has also helped other forum users.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

hobby wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 22:15 Many thanks to both John and Firebird for the hours spent solving this problem. I now have all of Zolt's repainted F15s (82) installed together with his traffic file. Traffic at EGUL is interesting.

Just to round things off, by renaming the trafficAircraft.bgl (to be found in FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery) to trafficAircraft.bgl.orignl I completely stopped all the default AI airliner and general aviation traffic. No more Orbit or Cessna that radio chatter. Keep both the FSX Traffic sliders at 100% - MAIW traffic and UTLive traffic continues to operate.

I hope that this has also helped other forum users.
Anyone have a link to Zsolts' traffic file.

Many Thanks

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

John Young wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 16:33 It's at Avsim Jim:

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=191590

John
Thanks very much John

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"