The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Shinmaywa US-1A's and US-2's Iwakuni (FSX and P3Dv4)

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Shinmaywa US-1A's and US-2's Iwakuni (FSX and P3Dv4)

Post by John Young »

I finally bit the bullet and succumbed to Martin's request that I convert my Shinmaywa flying boats to FSX native code for use in that sim version and in P3Dv4. It took about 50 hours with the large amount of animation tagging involved and an unexpected problem in trying to get the contact points exactly right to display the water effects. The first 3 shots are test flights in P3Dv4:

Land-based US-2's and US-1A:

Water-based
US2 and US-1A together with my AI Takanami destroyer (I haven't yet managed to get the wake effect working in P3Dv4):

The reason I'm posting the last screen shot, which is actually from FSX, is that I just can't get the 3-D harbour that I made to show in P3Dv4):

The strange thing is that it's fine in Greg's P3Dv4 and I have tried his files without success. There's one final step I can take and that's to convert my Gmax source files to FSX format,then recompile and place the individual objects again in ADE setup for P3Dv4. That's quite a bit of work. Before I contemplate that, could anyone who has Iwakuni installed in P3Dv4 from the 2018 package plus the FSX update to the scenery that was in my F-35B package, tell me if they can see the harbour please?

If the case is generally "yes", I'll take it it's just me and I won't pursue it further and I'll get on with the packaging, including a consolidation of the scenery, other AI aircraft and of course the flying boats and destroyer. I'm hoping that will be one package for FSX, one for P3Dv4 standalone and one for Greg to incorporate into Matrix.

John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Shinmaywa US-1A's and US-2's Iwakuni (FSX and P3Dv4)

Post by John Young »

Forget the request about the Iwakuni harbour not showing for me in P3Dv4. Put it down to gross stupidity on my part. The path in my P3D scenery library was pointing to my FSX installation of Iwakuni. That should have worked anyway, but clearly it didn't.

All present and correct now in P3Dv4:

John
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by RKE »

Looking good John. I had a boot up and noted that the harbour was present with the Matrix setup, before noticing you had already confirmed that with Greg :oops:
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Could I ask a few people with P3Dv4 and my F-35B package installed to observe something for me please and report back?

Could they go to Iwakuni and under the sun canopies, are all the F-35B's sitting at the same level? I don't mean a variation of an inch or two but a couple of feet.

There's nothing wrong with the aircraft, but I'm tearing my hair out at the moment.

John
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by jimrodger »

John Young wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 09:23 Could I ask a few people with P3Dv4 and my F-35B package installed to observe something for me please and report back?

Could they go to Iwakuni and under the sun canopies, are all the F-35B's sitting at the same level? I don't mean a variation of an inch or two but a couple of feet.

There's nothing wrong with the aircraft, but I'm tearing my hair out at the moment.

John
P3Dv4 straight out with no mods - F35s no problems at all --sorry :(

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

No need to be sorry Jim, that's very useful. Is it possible you could send me your RJOI and RJXH AFCADs please? If they are too big to attach, could tell me what elevation they are set to please?

John
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

I remember fixing this for Matrix, but I can't remember what exactly.

I'll have a look tomorrow.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Just had a look on my system and all looks fine. Using MATRIX and apart from a couple of puddles the scenery looks fine !!
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Aha, that explains why Pete, Greg and Jim are OK and I'm not. I've since discovered that the default elevation of Iwakuni is different in FSX and P3Dv4. That explains why the aircraft were fine for me in FSX, but not in P3Dv4 - the F-35Bs on the RJXH AFCAD were sunk by around 3ft in P3Dv4.

Is it possible that someone could send me a set of the Matrix Iwakuni P3Dv4 scenery files please, then I'll now we will all be consistent for the Iwakuni 2019 release?

John
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

It might be best to ask Brent if he would be willing to pass you a copy of the master *.ad4 file
Pete B
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Jim kindly sent me his AFCADs from Matrix but they are at at the same altitude as mine (2.132m) and didn't solve the problem. Is there also an ALT stub file in P3Dv4/scenery/world/scenery that makes it work? If there is could I have a copy please?

What I did do is change the elevation on the RJOI (CTOL) AFCAD and the RJXH (STOVL) AFCAD to the default height of 3.048m. That solved the problem and all the AI aircraft now park nicely. However when I slew back over the grass I sink a bit. I'm wondering if that's because the flatten file is still set to 2.132m. I will ask Brent for a new one at the default height and see if that solves the problem.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Yep just found it in \MAIW_ASIA_WORLD\Scenery
Attachments
RJOI_ADEP4_BN_2018_ALT.zip
(328 Bytes) Downloaded 34 times
Pete B
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

petebramley wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 16:59 Yep just found it in \MAIW_ASIA_WORLD\Scenery
Doh!! sorry John

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks guys. The stub file has solved the problem and we are all now on the same level.

John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Would somebody with P3Dv4 and Iwakuni installed from Matrix mind checking something for me please?

When you look at the central area, do you have the default buildings marked with red crosses?:

I've removed them in the stand alone package I'm assembling and I can include the file, if it's needed, when I send Greg the converted Shinmaywa's for the next Matrix update. I think Matrix users would also appreciate anti-pushback nodes on the main RJOI AFCAD, which is my next job.

John
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

John Young wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 09:44 Would somebody with P3Dv4 and Iwakuni installed from Matrix mind checking something for me please?

When you look at the central area, do you have the default buildings marked with red crosses?:

I've removed them in the stand alone package I'm assembling and I can include the file, if it's needed, when I send Greg the converted Shinmaywa's for the next Matrix update. I think Matrix users would also appreciate anti-pushback nodes on the main RJOI AFCAD, which is my next job.

John
RJOI on my system - after latest MATRIX updates.

Jimn
Attachments
RJOI.JPG
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

That looks good Jim. Thank you.

John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've just sent the Iwakuni 2018 stand alone package for P3Dv4 to Greg for inclusion in the Download Hangar. Brent and I are grateful to the conversion team here that have made available the Orion's, C-130J's, F-18's etc in P3Dv4 format for inclusion in the package and to Greg for assembling them for me. Thanks of course also to the original authors.

Also in the package are my conversions of my Shinmaywa flying boats. They look brilliant on the P3Dv4 water. The package also includes an updated main AFCAD that now has a couple of hundred anti-pushback nodes.

Here's a few screen shots from P3Dv4:

As always, please give Greg a chance to make the package available. I think in due course that he will update the Matrix regional package with the Shinmaywa's and the updated AFCAD.

John
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Wonderful John! Many thanks for this one.

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Pleasure Martin, but don't forget Brent for the sceneries in the package and everyone who contributed to the converted AI, yourself included.

John