The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MSMXL4

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

MSMXL4

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

Hi there having some problems with MSMXL4, its needed to compile BGL files made in ADE, I have been on the ADE website and talked to Jon, but he was unable to help, problem I am having is MSMXL4 SP3 prser won't install on my build of windows 10 either as an update or as fresh install, has anybody else experienced this problem and does anybody know a workaround, as at the moment I am unable to use ADE
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: MSMXL4

Post by Firebird »

Windows 10 doesn't come with MSXML4 only 3 and 6 (no I didn't know I till I just read it).

Therefore you must have installed it before is that correct?
What error are you getting when you try to install the latest version of 4?

Also can you confirm that you downloaded the correct version from MS, https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=15697,as there was an older version that was withdrawn due to security.

One last thing you did try to install by running as Administrator didn't you?
Steve
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

Yeah did all that, and confirmed right version, its proving to be a real pain for an old boy like me, probably going to go to my local techie and see if he can do it for a fee, or buy a charger for a very old laptop and just use that for ADE, thanks for getting back to me with what were useful suggestions,unfortunately having spent the last few days trying to sort the problem myself, it would appear to be a certain build of Windows 10 this doesn't work with, worked fine on my last laptop with windows 10, but there you go, give me something to moan about besides May and Corbyn
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I am wondering if it is a registry thing that is preventing it working.

What exactly was the error you are getting?
Steve
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

It might be, but ran a registry check and all came back good, going to just go to my local techie and get it sorted i think, like I say when I googled the problem is does come back as known problem for certain builds of windows 10, which is a sod as my old version of windows 10 ran it fine, strangely I couldn't get FS9 to run full screen on that, but on this version I can.

I'll try and reinstall MSMXL later and copy the error message.
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

Right I now have MSMXL 4 SP3 installed successfully, did fresh install of ADE did a quick save and the compile of a single runway and still get an error message and this is it, so again if anybody can help, that would be great.

Compiler Errors Found. These were not identified by the Issue Manager. Please let us know
what the compiler error is so that we can improve the Issue Manager.

The compiler message is shown below

ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using BglComp....

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR C1003: Failed to create MSXML object! (0x80040154)

Parsing document: C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 175\!AdeTempWorkOnly\EGHL_ADE9_ADE.xml

ERROR C2470: Unrecoverable error parsing XML!
ERROR C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)
ERROR C2003: Failed to process file: C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 175\!AdeTempWorkOnly\EGHL_ADE9_ADE.xml
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

What makes you think that MSXML4 is now installed and working OK?

The reason I ask is that when I searched the net for the error I found a post where the problem was that MSXML4 was not installed.

Now what I would do is check where msxml4.dll is on your system, it should be dated the date that you installed it.
What it might be worth trying is to register it.
What it could be is that because that was designed for a 32 bit system and you are now on a 64 bit OS it could be in the wrong place or not registered/registered wrongly.

On my Win10 system the dll is in 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64'
If not try COPYING it there and registering it using :-
"regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msxml4.dll" using an admin cmd prompt.

Oh one other thing, if you have to copy the msxml4.dll then copy the msxml4r.dll as well.
Steve
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

Thanks for that I will check all that later today, reason I say its installed correctly is it actually completed the install for the first time but after I had updated wincap, plus it all appears where its supposed to be, and I am running 64bit and downloaded the 64 bit version from the official Microsoft website, thats my reasoning.

I will do the command prompt thing later on today as thats the only thing I haven't done listed above, thanks again for your help, I'm really starting to think I have a dodgy install of windows though, as another problem is not being able to download real time weather even though I have a good internet connection, but one problem at a time
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Just so you can check your file my one is version 4.30.2100.0 and 1.26MB in size.
Steve