The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Water elevation problems with KNHK Patuxent scenery in P3DV4.5

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
retnavycpo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Water elevation problems with KNHK Patuxent scenery in P3DV4.5

Post by retnavycpo »

I have KNHK Patuxent scenery installed in P3DV4.5. Everything looks great except the water elevation is bleeding through the flight line; as best I can tell, only on one part of the base. I have Orbx Global, Vector, and OpenLC North America also. Thanks, Pete

retnavycpo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Water elevation problems with KNHK Patuxent scenery in P3DV4.5

Post by retnavycpo »

Nobody can offer a solution? Pete
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

The solution is a custom waterclass, which is on my wish list as well because I really want to fix this in Matrix.

It's been ages since I worked with SBuilderX and I have so much other stuff going on that I was hoping someone else would beat me to it...
retnavycpo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by retnavycpo »

Well, I do appreciate your reply, nonetheless! Perhaps someone will be able to fix this issue someday. Pete
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

Hey Chief, maybe someday has arrived. I'll send you something to test, if you see this post.
retnavycpo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by retnavycpo »

Whoo hoo! Oh, yes, I would like to test it! Chief
retnavycpo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by retnavycpo »

Ripcord, I have been trying to contact you via PM, but for some reason my messages are not being sent. Pete
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

The message came through, Chief. I have been experimenting with doing PR ground textures for a few locations.

It is a travesty that we do not have a good scenery for Pax River in FSX/P3D. Ideally, we could update the one that Ullrich did, since he did so many custom objects. I have been able to convert his, but I have not yet had a chance to discuss with him, as it is his work. And in fact, I am trying to determine if I want to just make my own. That's about where it sits right now.
Last edited by Ripcord on 30 May 2022, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
retnavycpo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by retnavycpo »

I appreciate your efforts, Ripcord. More than anything, I really like the old hangars in the scenery, because they are a great depiction of the real ones. As for static aircraft, I prefer Cold War era ( which is the time period when I was stationed there). Phantoms, Veggies, Corsair IIs, Tomcats, Crusaders, Skyhawks, Buckeyes, Talons.....
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

The issue here is not a quick fix or a simple conversion of this amazing scenery, for the simple reason that the placement of the airfield, the coastline and the objects was guestimated, or approximated. In going thru and adjusting the AFCAD to the actual PR scenery, you start to see that the coastlines/waterlines are misplaced as well. Not egregious but way more than noticeable for those that have any kind of accurate vector sceneries installed, like ORBX or UTX.

So fine - at first estimation, somebody might think that all you gotta do is run thru it all, replace/relocated the AFCAD and move/reposition the objects. First this is a lot of work, second, a number of the custom objects don't all fit, and even if they did, one wouldn't feel right doing this without the consent of the author.