The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

JYAI C-130J Specials

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

Post by John Young »

Good spot Barry, thank you. The aircraft in the photograph is 11-5733 at Mildenhall that I had already produced, so it was quite easy to add the APQ-187 to the nose:

According to the article, at the end of 2018 there were at least two MC-130J's equipped with the device and the intention is to install it on all MC-130J's. I have not been able to find any more examples, but when we do the new APQ-187 model can be assigned easily in the aircraft.cfg file.

Brent and I are working to get the Hulburt Field and Keesler packages out first. Brent is working on the flight plans for Hulburt, including tanker scenarios for users to practice refuelling. I'm busy writing manuals and packaging what I can at the moment.

John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The first C-130 and scenery packages from Brent and I (FS9 and FSX/P3Dv4) are coming along well. I thought through a number of options that would simplify the packaging process, not just for me and for the users, but for Greg who will be incorporating them into the optional Matrix installer for P3Dv4. It made sense to break them down and release them on a regional basis.

With that in mind, Keesler with C-130J-30s and the WC-130J's Weatherbirds as a self contained package, just needs a check through. Our intention is to release it together with Hurlburt Field that features the gunships, Combat Talon II's, U-28's and CV-22B's. I've just sent the draft manual to Brent to check over. While it was relatively straight forward adding drogues to some of the models for mock refuelling from Hurlburt, it took a while to test and document the scenarios that Brent has designed. In scenario 1, the green part of the route is where the cruise level is stable and the drogues remain out:

This is the simplest one of 5. The second scenario goes east to Bermuda while 3-5 involve an Atlantic crossing via the Azores and on to Spain and Cyprus.

As soon as we are satisfied that everything is good to go, I'll get the first two packages uploaded. The ones following that will similarly be split down globally with Japan probably next to come, although the EC-130J's at Harrisburg with the HC-130J's at Elizabeth City as one package are catching up fast.

John
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by jimrodger »

Meant in the best way....

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Just discovered (in time) that I can't spell "Drogues".

John
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by flyerkg »

This is getting intense! Thank you John for the additional work on the C-130s!
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

I miss those times when you make between 1 to 4 variations per model and you're done 🤣
VIVA LA VIDA
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I keep trying to convince myself of that Miljan, but the added complexity of a few dozen models at least makes for a good challenge that keeps the brain active. It's good to have Brent on board for scenery, painting and flight planning and others too that have contributed similarly to previous large multi model packages like the Tornado's or F-35's.

John
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

I am making boring models , noone wants to participate 🤣.
I understand you completely, especially once you start adding all this antennas and bumps here and there you get addicted.
VIVA LA VIDA
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The packages for Hurlburt Field and Keesler AFB have now been sent to Greg for inclusion in the Download Library. Just give him time to make them available.

The zips are called:

FS9: BN_JYAI_Hurlburt_Field_FS9_1.zip
FS9: BN_JYAI_Keesler_AFB_FS9_1.zip

FSX/P3Dv4: BN_JYAI_Hurlburt_Field_FSX_1.zip
FSX/P3Dv4: BN_JYAI_Keesler_AFB_FSX_1.zip

Although the new JYAI C-130’s are being released on a regional basis, we know that some users like to amalgamate models into as few aircraft folders as possible. That’s absolutely fine too. All of the short fuselage models, including an eventual mix of E, H, J and U variants can be so combined into a single or reduced number of folders and the composite aircraft.cfg file renumbered. The C-130J-30’s with the longer fuselage should all be placed together in their own folder. That’s because the contact point for the nose wheel in the aircraft.cfg files is different to that of the short fuselage models.

Brent is now flight planning the Japanese package while I continue work on the EC-130J and HC-130J (USCG). Both packages are next in line for release with Europe (352nd SOW at Mildenhall and RAF C-4's and C-5s), Canadian and generic packages after that.

Brent and John
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

Stunning work John, great stuff :smt003

:smt006
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

AWESOME!!!! Can't wait to see these in my sim!
volador
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by volador »

Outstanding and many thanks!
Miguel
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Amazing...seems you've only just started this project and youre releasing already...convinced John is a machine..
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Aided and abetted by Brent of course. The packages wouldn't come any where near as fast if I had to make the scenery and flight plans too.

John
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Yes...please accept my apologies...with the help of Brent too....
Are we witnessing the birth of the dynamic duo???
Thankyou to all.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

No, we have been dynamic duo'ing for a few years now. Have you not noticed the Japanese packages with scenery by Brent and AI aircraft from me? There's quite a proliferation of other stuff too, particularly involving helicopters, not to mention the odd B-36 or two. Brent is so very good to work with despite us being nearly 5000 miles apart.

John
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

To be honest...i hadn't noticed in the Japanese projects...I tend to overlook stuff unless it's dark grey with star's on...and I'm a Brit...lol
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

I had hoped to release these babies today, but unfortunately that didn't work out.

My sincere apologies for the delay but due to other commitments it doesn't look like I"ll be able to release the packages before next weekend. :(
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Real life of course takes first priority Greg. I'm sure everyone can wait... since they already have to wait on the rest of the packages anyways.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Indeed real life does take the priority, but it's actually an opportunity. I have the EC-130J packages ready for upload and the USCG HC-130J's should be done later today or tomorrow. That means that Greg can deal with all the United States aircraft in one go. That might be useful for Matrix.

John