The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

NH-90

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
JohnTenn
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: NH-90

Post by JohnTenn »

Making slow progress with a paint-kit.
Getting there slowly

NFH at Poulmic.
Attachments
LFRL_a1.jpg
LFRL_a2.jpg
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

TTH at Salalah
Attachments
OOSA_NH-90.jpg
proximo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by proximo »

Very nice John
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Very much looking forward to this one!

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Post by proximo »

Hello MAIW

In one of my late post I wanted to know, if there is set standart for heli take off from naval ships. I think I found solutin, not sure if for general use, but for my NH-90 yes, I think, I hope.
I want you ask you help and "feedback" or if you will have better ideas......

I prepared small package, inside you will find model with specific take off animation (LOD 400 only, don´t worry about texture )
KF 0 on the ground / KF 100 initial vertical lift /taxi /hover / KF 300 vertical lift together with left hand side move / KF 500 vertical lift ( maybe will be removed ) / Lag 100

And the set of AFCADs :
LKCV my test airport ( modified stock airport Čáslav AFB Czech republic )
1KCV layerd heli afcad on the main apron
4KCV this is object of the testing, located on the grass, concrete square visible only
F229 this use only, if you have installed HMS Ark Royale package (don´t forget to backup origin file and disable traffic file )

And simply traffic file ( 1 operated from 4KCV, 1 operated from F229 and 2 operated from 1KVC, each 2 hours, 20 - 24 min long flight, start at 00:00 )

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hp0d3a273 ... rigate.zip
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Downloaded, but I will only test it, if you promise me to repaint it in the colors of the Italian Army and Italian Navy ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm kidding :wink:

Giorgio
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

This will be very interesting to see.
Steve
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Hi Lukas, here my opinion.
This model is not good for AFCAD where there are taxiway to get to the runway, so I didn't test so much the xKCV AFDs.

On F229 AFD.
Really good start, but in my opinion, perhaps it can be improved. Not a criticism, just a thought, considering that I'm not a modeller nor I know so much about XLM animation.
1)To me, it's a little bit too fast the movement up and left after the initial lift.
2)The second lift is not necessary. It just move the helicopter outside of view, even if watched in the distance.
3)On the opposite at point 1, also the movement from left-right; up-down is too fast.
4)Too low on ground in the last phase of approach. Better few meter higher.
5)NAV lights. I know that the default FS9 lights are the only that follow the animation, but I really don't like that big bulbs!!! May be you can ask for suggestion to John Young if something better can be achieved. :wink:

BTW, keep up the good work!

Regards, Giorgio
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Not that I know of Giorgio. It's the big bulbous default Nav lights or nothing for FS9 unfortunately. FSX and P3D have much better options.

The animated lift is a balancing act. Slow it down and it becomes jerky. The longer the lift takes, the more the FDE will pull the helicopter forward, so instead of a near vertical lift, the tendency is towards 45 degrees or more. Best to experiment with different Lag values in the xml code until you get the best combination of lift speed, smoothness and ascent angle. The lower the value, the slower the lift.

John
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Agree with Giorgio re the startup and take off speed.. had to check I wasn't on double speed....sorry.

The landing phase at 4KCV confused me as I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to see.
The helicopter seemd to land about 50ft past the landing zone at about 10ft off the ground, taxied back over the pan dropped a few feet (still off the ground) taxied a bit more back over the pan reversed it's turn over the pan and then dropped to the ground level. The stopped engines.

HTH

Jim

Just seen John's post. Unless the helipad is in a confined space, which forces a vertical takeoff, most helicopter takeoff I've seen tend to be more at an angle anyway (45-60 degrees) with a nose-down attitude.
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
dummy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by dummy »

Hi,

any news on the NH90? I work on the Dutch NH90 NFH, any change you get them done for FSX?

Thanks.

Edwin
proximo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by proximo »

Hello
I am so sorry for my late responce, but at this moment my personal life has different priorities
My two years old baby is now my number one, my all. Now she is hospitalized with child leukemia and we started long therapy.

NH-90 project is not frozen, but release date, I don't know
I will work on this project but with slow progress, no, I must, because I need to clean and reset my brain

Lukas
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

We all completely understand your situation.
Your focus has to be elsewhere and we accept that this will can only be a release mechanism for real life at this time.
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

All my sympathy and my thoughts to you and your family, Lukas. Take care of your little girl.
dummy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by dummy »

Hi Lukas,

Sorry to hear your about your daughter. Ofcourse she is your no1. Nothing is more important than your family.
Wish you and your family all the best.
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Not official.

Need feed back on models and paints.

If you want to have pre-release input send me a PM.

PROXIMO is getting the series going again but he does not have much free time.

Here are some pics.
Attachments
RNZAF-NH-90_1.jpg
Spain NH-90_1.jpg
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

An update to show a bit of progress.

Bismarck has posted screen shots of the Italian Army birds.

Ironing out small details on the paints for Italian Navy.

Countries already represented:

France Army and Navy
Germany Army
Spain
Greece
Belgium Army and Navy
New Zealand
Australia Army and Navy
Oman

John
Attachments
Luni SH-90.jpg
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Great !!
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by miljan »

John it's a great looking model. Good job to all involved
VIVA LA VIDA
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

The True Hero of this story is Lukas "Proximo"

He has created this set of models and made numerous modifications, despite having personal challenges, work pressures and a lack of free time.

He has made numerous changes on request and I believe has a very detailed set of airframes ready for release. I hope soon.

The hold up I am afraid is a lack of completed textures. I have now resorted to having paintkits for each arm of service. Many of the textures get revisited as I find a better way to add details.

Giorgio has made sceneries for the Italian bases and created flightplans. This has motivated me to move forward with the textures.
I also like to see them in the sim as they morph. A hint here perhaps, flghtplans and bases motivate the proliferation of paint textures.

John