The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Arizona Overhaul

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: Arizona Overhaul

Post by bismarck »

andypoppens wrote: 26 Oct 2017, 19:50 Brent what MKAI C-27 file do I move the USASOC paints to? AMI FAM HAF Lithuania or SBANG
Seaboard ANG as stated in the readme with a direct link to the package. :wink:

Giorgio
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

Oh right sorry
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If you keep them separate then create a new one, if you keep them all in one then your problem is solved.
The choice is really up to you.

If you are keeping them separate you will need to copy over the aircraft.cfg from another folder, and then amend it, the air file and any relevant models.
Steve
AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AirAmerica26 »

Not finding a support thread for Goldwater or KGXF, I'll try here. Reading the development back story is great.
First, excellent job with the Goldwater / Silverbell / Laguna work ! Between Yuma and Luke are lots of opportunities for
helo, prop and jet work . . very cool.
My problem is with the KGXF / GBN / GBN1 area. Aprons and runways show, but no objects.

If I start at the "active" for GBN1 the a/c shows up at N32 52.582 W112 43.235. Which is on the Rwy 35 blast pad
for KGXF. Parking for GBN 1 is shifted slightly NW and W. See pix. I can load KGXF and KGXF_obj into ADE9 and
everything shows up - so I know the file is functioning to that extent at least.

I'm FS9. I've looked for duplicate conflicts of KGXF, GBN, GXF. I'm tempted to remove plain GBN and GBN_obj. They only contain a
tower location and a couple small excludes. But don't want to mess with it just yet.

Thoughts? Or am I just missing something really obvious. Everything else in Goldwater works down to the port-a-potties and
target a/c.

AH64 does not depart on runway heading.

parking off from H pads
Primo ex Aerias 71 SQN (Eagle)

"Never mistake coincidence for cause and effect." W. Edwards Deming

"The more complex an idea, the more simple minded the opposition"
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Did you make sure to delete the appropriate files from the MAIW Army Air Corps WAH-64 Apache package?

The files you need to cut out of the old package are:
MAIW_Gila Bend.bgl
MAIW_GBN_Flatten.bgl
MAIW_GBN_EXC.bgl
MAIW_AFX_GBN.bgl
MAIW_AF2_GBN1.bgl
AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AirAmerica26 »

Years ago I opened up a box of electronic equipment and there was a card inside with 1 inch letters: "Before You Try It Your Way, Try It Our Way First." Sort of applies here. I must have messed up installing two packages. MAIW UK Apache Bases was in Addonscenery/scenery and WAH-64 Apache Army Air Corps was in another directory. All the dupe files have been removed.
All that remains is GBN_ADE9_BN and the associated OBJ file. All that shows is a tower location. GBN shows up in Luke flight plans and in the Go To Airport list. If it is selected the a/c goes to the tower location. Other than that it's all good. Thanks for the time.

AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AirAmerica26 »

About twenty minutes after my last, it occurred to me that GBN might be a way-point. I just never tried to start a flight from a way-point . . .

jetrange
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by jetrange »

Good Evening,

Is there a way to make Silverbell AHP Appear on FSX? The Scenery file only works for FS9. If there isn't a way, i'll live with it. Thank you

jetrange
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

You have to convert the scenery bgl to FSX. Details are in a blog post I wrote some years ago. You should find it in the "Briefings" section of the site.
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

I read the FSX/P3D conversion briefing and I tried both ModelConverterX and ADE. From what I could find, I didn't see any option to convert the file to FSX in ADE, and the file wouldn't load to MCX. Is there something I missed on ADE? Thank you

jetrange
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

I put the FS9 Silverbell scenery into FSX and here is what I got:

The only changes I made were to use AIFP to convert the flight plans, and to load the 02AZ_ADE9_BN.bgl file into ADE and reset the draw flags on the aprons and taxiways. The 02AZ_ADE9_BN_OBJ.bgl file is untouched.

It clearly needs a background poly, a flatten and anti pushback nodes, but it does work in FSX without much correction. If I recall, this was one of my last project before I started doing dedicated FSX scenery version, so almost all of it's object libraries should be FSX compatible already.

Perhaps if you let us know how yours is failing we could figure out what is going wrong.
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

What I tried to do is that I added a ground polygon in ADE and compiled the bgl. When I loaded the sim, the ICAO code was still assigned to the small airstrip. I spawned at Pinal Airpark and found only the library objects showed up and there were no taxiways, ramps, or AI traffic. And finally the runtime error message popped up. Do you know what could've happened?
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Sounds like you are on the right track, but not quite where you need to be.

First, open 02AZ_ADE9_BN.bgl with the latest version of ADE in FSX mode. Once it's open, click the "lists" tab and click "aprons". Down near the bottom right of the window that opens is a button that says "Reset all draw flags" Hit that. Then do those steps again for "Taxi Links"

Now try recompiling it and throwing it into FSX.
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

So I downloaded the latest version of ADE, then I found the list for both the aprons and the taxi links and pressed "Reset all draw flags". I then recompiled the scenery and checked in the sim again and there wasn't any difference. Is anything supposed to happen when I pressed the "Reset all flags button"?
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

I tried resetting the draw flags multiple times. However , something nothing seems to happen. And the picture below is always the result. I really don't know what else it could be.
Attachments
02AZ.JPG
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Double check to make sure that ADE is pointing correctly to FSX. When you recompiled the file, it should have generated a file name something like "02AZ_Stuff_Stuff_Alt.bgl. This file should have been created in <your fsx install>\scenery\world\scenery. If it's not there, FSX won't know that 02AZ has stopped being Winchester Farm and is now Silverbell... which is why you can't find it in the free flight menu.

Find where ever that file got placed by the compiler and move it to where it needs to be and you should be good to go.
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

I check my computer for everything with 02AZ and nothing showed up with an "Alt". Is there a way to set that up in ADE. I'm using v 1.76.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Pull up the project properties in ADE. It needs to look like this:

If the red "Revised Altitude" flag doesn't appear, that's why you didn't get an _alt.bgl file generated. Adjust the altitude up and down to get it to cause it to think you've adjusted the airport altitude.
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

I already changed the Altitude earlier and the Alt file appeared. Thanks for all your help.