The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Desert Falcons

Check here for official announcements from MAIW.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Desert Falcons

Post by MIKE JG »

MIKE JG wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 03:03 For the following E models, use the weapons texture file from either the "Normal" or "Inert" folder:
model.Bk60E_UAE_MultiRole_1, model.Bk60E_UAE_MultiRole_4
Disregard that part, it's not correct. Those two models are not affected, they carry GBU-12s, they can use any of the weapons textures, it won't matter. I need to stop drinking tonight!

The model affected is "model.Bk60E_UAE_MultiRole_2" This model should only use the weapons texture file from the Normal or Inert folders.

F-16E Aircraft texture "texture.UAEAF_F16E_Bk60_3045" has the wrong weapons file in it, that's the only one that should have the file from the Normal or Inert folder in it.

So I only screwed up 3 out of 69 aircraft texture folders. That's a 96% success rate, I'll take it...... :wallbash:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
snuzz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by snuzz »

Just had a problem show up on aca .

Its to do with the flight plans, AC#58,450,"MAIW_WSMG_F-16F_Block_60 UAEAF 3011" not present ,
Found the problem to be in aircraft cfg file, It read as follows
[fltsim.8]
title=MAIW_WSMG_F-16F_Block_60 UAEAF 11

Should read

[fltsim.8]
title=MAIW_WSMG_F-16F_Block_60 UAEAF 3011

I hope i am correct :roll:
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

You're correct, good catch.

You're right you can either fix the [fltsim.8] entry in the F models folder or fix the AC#58 entry on the flight plans.

Either way will do the trick.

Will add this to the list of things to fix in the package.
-Mike G.

bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by bvanhout »

Hi Mike,
Are there plans for these falcons to be converted for use with P3dv4?

Brian
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I think that the guys are on record as saying that they can't convert it, as they don't have it, but that they are happy for a responsible adult to take on the job once they have completed the project.
Steve
bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by bvanhout »

Thanks Steve.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

We'll see. I log in here now about once or twice a month, that's my level of activity these days as real life just has me too busy to entertain any of this right now.

But here's the thing, what sim should this model be converted for?? Is it worth waiting to see what sort of phoenix that MS comes up with for their re-born version of MSFS??

Or have we all sworn off MS forever and put our faith in LM?

Tough to say at this moment. It certainly is worth keeping an eye on the developments of the new MS sim.
-Mike G.

DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by DaleRFU »

MIKE JG wrote: 04 Jul 2019, 14:31 We'll see. I log in here now about once or twice a month, that's my level of activity these days as real life just has me too busy to entertain any of this right now.

But here's the thing, what sim should this model be converted for?? Is it worth waiting to see what sort of phoenix that MS comes up with for their re-born version of MSFS??

Or have we all sworn off MS forever and put our faith in LM?

Tough to say at this moment. It certainly is worth keeping an eye on the developments of the new MS sim.
I think with the new MSFS it'll be a while before people really get into it since developers will take time to create content for it, plus we don't know what type of AI will be available for it, from what I've read and hear it'll be live traffic from other users so that would mean no custom AI like we have now.

P3D is great and has a very large number of users, possibly more than FS9 and I'd say probably more than FSX since it runs a lot smoother on the same system.

I would absolutely love to see these vipers in P3Dv4. As much as I like the HTAI version is great, these ones take the F-16 to another level with all the different versions and loadouts. They just look beautiful. I hope they get converted to P3D at some point in the future, they'd be a massive hit.
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

My gut feeling is P3D has the high ground at the moment but anybody that has a clue will wait and see what the new MS concoction will be about.

I think that to get the best out of that new one you are going to have to get one of those Nvidia RTX boards for on the fly ray-tracing.

If the comments from MS are to be believed you have to think that they will try and take the biggest piece of the market that L-M have had to themselves for a few years, i.e. training.

Will be interesting to find out.

Any way, Mike. We can talk about which sim to convert to once the project has been completed. :D
Steve
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

Mike - I am happy for our guys to convert all our released Falcons to FSX/P3D.
I know - I still owe you Moroccan textures!

6 Times huh!!!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

LOL! You don't owe me anything. I'm still basking in the glory of our Champions League Title!

Anyways, I don't have any reservations any longer with converting the files. At this point I don't see myself ever getting back to them. I have started construction on my real world Vans RV-8 aircraft and that will be occupying my free time from now on. Headed back to Oshkosh next week again! That and becoming foster parents, taking care of my mom, on and on and on, it's a miracle I have any free time these days.

So just let me know who to forward all the completed files to for conversion. I'm sure that's just what these guys need right now, another huge conversion project! :smt003

We managed to get the Block 60's done, Block 50/52/52+ done and even the Block 42 is done although never got released.

Have at it for whomever would like to tackle it. I think we've organized the files in such a way as to make sense. /ducks
-Mike G.

Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

Cheers Mike...
Are the block 42's on our FTP?

So - ALL we need is someone CRAZY enough to take on the conversions.

I feel like getting back to the modelling side of things, just have to work out where I was with it. I think the Moroccan versions.
Although I think I had also made a start on a different version as they carry both P/N and L/M sidewinders, and there are differences.