The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Lakenheath 48th FW package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

RAF Lakenheath 48th FW package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please post questions and constructive feedback about this package here

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=107131
Savage
Captain
Captain

Post by Savage »

MAIW is the king. 8)
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

Oh I am downloading it right now!!!! A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!! :smt041
Red
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Red »

Fantastic, thankyou very much guys.

James
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

How can you do this to me :x

I am on vacation in Florida for the next 10 days :cry:

I'm the only person in Florida, on vacation who wants to go home so he can play flight sim :D
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Before anyone asks: If you install the optional Lakenheath splashscreen, which is nearly identical to my signature image, you may notice that the afterburner coming out of the tailpipes of the F-15E in the splashscreen as well as the picture below my post, has a nice blue look to it. If you download the final package, your afterburner will not be the same. The "blue-er" burner was causing some problems that we have yet to be able to find a solution for. So the final package has the normal AI afterburner effect with it.

And yes if we figure it out, we will release it because as you can see, it looks fantastic!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

I have a question

There is a texture folder with 2 files in it NBAI_Weapons.bmp and refl_texture.bmp. Where do these files go? I did a manual install of this package and can't find anything in the read me and those texture files.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

Hi

These go into the main FS textures folder...Just drop em in and ur good to go.

Barry
Seagull
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Seagull »

Very many thanks to all who are involved in this one. It will keep me busy for the week end. :smt109 :lol:
globemaster
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by globemaster »

Hi all,
One quick question, if you have the UK2000 version of EGUL, do you disable it in the same way as the readme in the Coningsby package states
eg. remove egul.bgl / egulexc.bgl / egultaxi.bgl?

cheers

Sven
THE STAFF BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
DarkKnight
Cadet
Cadet

MAIW RAF Lakenheath

Post by DarkKnight »

Superb AI modelling and scenery. Just like the real thing. Downloaded the package and installed without a problem. F-15s all over the place plus some added AI aircraft of my own showing on the ground. Wonderful.

Having visited the 'heath many times it is so realistic and it feels right. Just two pointers so far.
Some of the trees that are included have a Christmas tree look about them but that is merely cosmetic. There also seems to be a continuity error on the disabled runway where the lines go a little wonky and disconnected at times.

Here is a suggestion. How about putting in the spotter's viewing enclosure that is near to the 24 end of the runway into the model?

Great work and I look forward to your next UK project. (Coningsby is also very good). How about Lossiemouth for your next UK airfield?

best wishes and every success

Bernard (Dark Knight)[/img]
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

Hello

Glad you like the scenery, Ian did an amazing job with it.
If I remember correctly the viewing park is there at the rwy end, a fenced off area. Obviously it does not have any cars/people in it, but these could be added with EZ scenery etc etc

Barry
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

globemaster wrote:Hi all,
One quick question, if you have the UK2000 version of EGUL, do you disable it in the same way as the readme in the Coningsby package states
eg. remove egul.bgl / egulexc.bgl / egultaxi.bgl?

cheers

Sven
Hi Sven,
you will also need to ensure that you archive the egulflat.bgl, eguldyn.bgl, egulaircraft.bgl and the afcad as well. These may or may not exist depending on the version of the UK2000 part4 package that you are using.

Now I have heard Ian say that if you remove all the Lakenheath scenery it will affect Mildenhall as well and that you may need to remove that as well. However, I cannot confirm this as i removed it some time ago, I use Matt Magner's Mildenhall scenery. If you get problems I would recommend using this scenery until Ian can get time to do his Mildenhall release.
The Mildenhall bgls to be archived are egun.bgl, egunbays.bgl, egunexc.bgl, egunflat.bgl plus of course its afcad.

Hope that is clear.
Steve
globemaster
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by globemaster »

Hi, thanks Steve, I'll give it a go
THE STAFF BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
rocket_26_
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: MAIW RAF Lakenheath

Post by rocket_26_ »

DarkKnight wrote:Superb AI modelling and scenery. Just like the real thing. Downloaded the package and installed without a problem. F-15s all over the place plus some added AI aircraft of my own showing on the ground. Wonderful.

Having visited the 'heath many times it is so realistic and it feels right. Just two pointers so far.
Some of the trees that are included have a Christmas tree look about them but that is merely cosmetic. There also seems to be a continuity error on the disabled runway where the lines go a little wonky and disconnected at times.

Here is a suggestion. How about putting in the spotter's viewing enclosure that is near to the 24 end of the runway into the model?

Great work and I look forward to your next UK project. (Coningsby is also very good). How about Lossiemouth for your next UK airfield?

best wishes and every success

Bernard (Dark Knight)[/img]
Glad you like the package. Regarding the trees, they use default autogen textures for performance.

Cheers

Ian
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

Very nice :D Congratulations to everyone who helped put yet another superb package together.

Mildenhall would seem to be the next logical project to do. Please!
Where ever you go, there you are.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

Was that aimed at me, Danny?
Where ever you go, there you are.
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

I just installed the package and I must say it's awesome.

Outstanding work...simply outstanding.

KJ
DarkKnight
Cadet
Cadet

Post by DarkKnight »

Lakenheath - I have now found the viewing enclosure - my fault for flying over at 300 knots plus in my Hawk and not pausing the game to look around. I flew a Gazelle over the area and found it.

I shall take up the suggestion to add some cars and people from scenery add-ons to make it look more homely! Thanks for the advice about this and the trees.

How about RAF Valley as another project with Hawks shooting approaches and Sea Kings dunking unsuspecting RAF types in the sea!!

I shall have to put together a simulated flight through the Mach Loop from and back to Valley (see
http://www.lowfly.net/ for more info on this famous low fly area of Wales)

I have only recently discovered the world of AI in FS2004 and it does add so much more to the experience.

best wishes

Dark Knight