The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

JYAI C-130J Specials

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

Post by bismarck »

Hello, the planes of the 192nd replace previously released HTAI models?

Thanks, Giorgio.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Yes, the 192nd was included in the MAIW West Coast ANG package using HTAI models. However, due to a complete turnover in airframes and naming convention changes between the two models, they won't just drop in with the old flight plan. There is a new flight plan file included that updates the old MAIW flight plans to use the new names and serial numbers.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Thanks, I'd like to avoid duplication. It could be useful to write this type of info in the readme.
I was going to ask the same for the last A-10 package.

Giorgio
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Just catching up on my Combat Aircraft Magazines and read the Aug 19 article on the USAF HC-130N/P and MC-130s service lives. Scramble.nl should be up to date. The only HC-130Ns left are in Patrick AFB, FL with 920th RQW/39th RQS.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

The 192nd AS paints look great, I do land in Reno a bit and see them on the ramp. As it's fire season, most have the high visibility orange paint as a MAFFS squadron.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
jetrange
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by jetrange »

I think one base that really needs updating is Cannon AFB. From what I saw, the base now only has Stinger IIs, Combat Kings, and the Pilatus U-28s. I don't know where the Dorniers moved to and I know the Skytrucks moved to Duke after the Combat Talon 1s retired. Just an idea.

jetrange
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Next in line that will go up once I get the usual transitional bumps ironed out:

DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

Lovely stuff John, once I'm back from my holiday I will have a few in the paint shop.
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

Any consideration of the MAFFS birds?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_A ... ing_System

From last Friday (302nd Airlift Wing Peterson AFB)
taxi out
cripple creek gold mine
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Jon wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 03:08 Any consideration of the MAFFS birds?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_A ... ing_System
I've already asked for that. Read on the Page 5 of this topic ;-)
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

And now we wait in anticipation :)
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Hey guys,

A couple of anomalies came up while Pete was kindly testing the upcoming update for Matrix North America. Could you please have a look?

"JYAI C-130T VR-XX" has both short and long C-130's combined in the same folder: C-130H and CC-130H-30. I thought the short and long version couldn't be combined into one aircraft folder?

"JYAI_C-130s_Canada_FSX_1" has model folders Model.C-130J-30_closed and Model.C-130J-30_open that contain differently named mdl files than the folders with the same name in "BN_JYAI_Keesler_AFB_FSX_1". For example: Model.C-130J-30_closed in the Canadian package contains JYAI_CC-130J-30_closed.mdl, but in the Keesler package it contains JYAI_C-130J-30_closed.mdl. Are the models actually the same, just with different names? If not, it causes issues when both packages are combined.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

From an outsiders point of view, Greg, Those J models are not the only ones in my joint folder there are also closed models for the AMI and RAF ones as well. Each of the mdls are different sizes.

On the H and H-30s you are correct as the point.0 for those two are different so they must be in different folders.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Whilst things Hercules are still in peoples minds.
It has been revealed that C5 ZH885 is the one sold to the USN for the Blue Angels. Also Bangladesh has acquired another 4 from the RAF to make a total of 5.
Steve
bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bvanhout »

Bahrain has also purchased 2 C5's (ZH886,ZH880) from the RAF. The were "demodded" back to standard J models by Marshalls in Cambridge.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Firebird wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 12:37 Whilst things Hercules are still in peoples minds.
It has been revealed that C5 ZH885 is the one sold to the USN for the Blue Angels. Also Bangladesh has acquired another 4 from the RAF to make a total of 5.
Over and above this, it's just been announced that the remaining 14 C130Js (13 C4, 1 C5) will be extended in service to 2035.
paul day
Captain
Captain

Post by paul day »

I suspect that the extension of the Hercules is to cover for what I have read, the terrible servicability of the Airbus A400. From what I have read, at times only two out of twenty aircraft declared servcable.

Regards Paul Day.
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

I know i'm a little late for this, but could anyone be able to modify the C-130H model into the New York ANG's LC-130Hs? I feel like that is a special 130 model that was missed, but I also feel like John needs to take a break from this project. It's only an idea if it's possible. Thank you

jetrange
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

little question for John...

was tooling around in p3d watching stuff come n go at Mildenhall when I noticed one of the Herks trundling towards the active.
the way its modelled is perfect...for me it looks heavy when viewed from grass level...the model next to spot on when I suddenly spotted something..the nose wheel doesn't turn....not a biggie but was surprised as nearly all Johns other models...if not all...have nose wheel steering...
I searched the forum to see if anyone else had asked this as I don't want to seem like we have such a cool model now and Im nitpicking...but...is there a reason why the nosewheel isn't steering...lod calls or something...just curious..

regards

Trev
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Jetrange, sorry I missed that one, which is a bit of a pity because it does have some interesting features, but it's a lot of work. I would also need to research the available scenery and flight plans. I needed a break from the C-130's and I'm now refreshed and knee deep into the next project, but I might return to the LC-130H a little later.

Trev, in hindsight it may have been useful to add nose wheel steering, but it's too late to do that now. In fact I don't often include it. It's fiddly to do, requires an extra part (draw call) and is not precise.

John