The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Sentinel R1's and USAF E-11A's

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: RAF Sentinel R1's and USAF E-11A's

Post by Victory103 »

clickclickdoh wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 20:11 For anyone interested in setting up BACN flights for the E-11As, they can be represented pretty straight forward. The E-11As are all at KAF and one is airborne 24 hours a day doing high altitude orbits. So, just set them up in 6 hour offsets and you are good to go. If you want to be more complex do three aircraft in eight hour rotations and rotate that among the four frames to represent one being down for the day.
This is true, watched them last year while at "work".
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
jgowing
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by jgowing »

How do you correctly set up a long flight returning to Its departure point? As far as I know, the default is to return after 15 minutes, or is that just something inaccurate I've read? Are TNG's used via a waypoint, but at high altitude does that work? Realising I might have picked up some bad habits in my FP's..

Jon G
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

You define a fake ICAO in the airports.txt file with coordinates at a considerable distance (meaning not too close to the ADEP/ADES). Then you send your flight to that ICAO for as long as you want. The flight will depart, disappear at the boundary of the AI bubble and spawn again at the boundary for the RTB at the calculated re-entry time. You won't see the aircraft holding at high altitude. That is something that can't be done with bgl flightplans, not even if you create an AFD for the fake ICAO, but you will see the aircraft take-off and land.
stafcom
Cadet
Cadet

Post by stafcom »

Another 2 operators with the same type, +/- some domes & bits. Turkey AF HAVASOJ & UAE Project Dolphin (who also have the same airframe converted as Globaleye AEW)
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

Anyone have flightplans ready to be shared for these beauties please?

Tks, Giorgio