The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

JYAI C-130J Specials

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

Post by gsnde »

I had to Google it. I did not know that the ski version had a dedicated type specification. A cool one!

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by mins »

Once again, I'm very grateful to John and Brent for completing a great project.

It increases the pleasure of flying and the pleasure of seeing. ^ ^b.
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

Oman scheme all done now that my holiday is finished. They will be part of a bigger project :lol: :wink:

Image2019-9-1_18-33-47-782 by DaleRFU1, on Flickr
Image2019-9-1_18-35-57-385 by DaleRFU1, on Flickr
Image2019-9-1_18-37-40-728 by DaleRFU1, on Flickr

Dale
:smt006
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
jetrange
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by jetrange »

I think I'll attempt to paint the Bangladesh Js. I think all I need to do is add the Bangladesh markings on it, because it appears they're keeping the RAF green.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Nice paints Dale. Well done.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Nice to see camo again on the Hercs.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
asdro
Major
Major

Post by asdro »

Hope the bigger project is going to be also for FS9.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

211th RQS out of Elmendorf is on it's way to the Hangar

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Very nice.
Steve
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Nice repaint, just watched the 129th RW King Hercs at Moffett working some air drops as we arrived into SFO.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

Here's my attempt at painting the Bangladesh J. I'll try to make the psd file downloadable here so others could improve it, though I don't know how to do that.
Attachments
C-130J.JPG
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Good job.

Just check that you have incorporated the alpha channel into the texture - the cockpit glass doesn't appear transparent, but it might just be the direction of the light in your screen shot. The Mylar film on the side of the fuselage is also too dark. On the Bangladesh aircraft it actually appears slightly lighter than the airframe green.

You will need to upload the .PSD file to the Hangar. It's far too big to attach to a post. Just zip the file and follow the instructions in the upload screen.

John
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

clickclickdoh wrote: 03 Sep 2019, 02:55 211th RQS out of Elmendorf is on it's way to the Hangar

thanks for the Elmendorf a/c.
I installed fs9 ones ok, but noticed texture details were slightly different on the a/c cfg!
When I installed in fsx, no a/c show up, just wondering if anyone else has this problem in fsx?
Dave
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

John Young wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 06:36 Good job.

Just check that you have incorporated the alpha channel into the texture - the cockpit glass doesn't appear transparent, but it might just be the direction of the light in your screen shot. The Mylar film on the side of the fuselage is also too dark. On the Bangladesh aircraft it actually appears slightly lighter than the airframe green.

You will need to upload the .PSD file to the Hangar. It's far too big to attach to a post. Just zip the file and follow the instructions in the upload screen.

John
Thanks for the feedback,
I used dxtbmp and integraded the Alpha Channel to the texture, but it still didn't show the windshield glass. Also, how do you make the roundels for the paints and is it possible to swap colors in photoshop? Because It looks like the Mylar on the pictures are similar to the fuselage color. Thank you,

jetrange
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

merlin101 wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 16:58 I installed fs9 ones ok, but noticed texture details were slightly different on the a/c cfg!
When I installed in fsx, no a/c show up
That's odd. The FS9 aircraft.cfg entries are a direct copy from the FSX aircraft.cfg file. I double checked the source file that was uploaded and they are identical on my end. Also, messed up texture calls in the aircraft.cfg would result in a black model, not a missing aircraft.

Did you install the folders intact or did you integrate them into other JYAI C-130 folders?
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Installed I fs9, went to elmendorf & the a/c were white! Checked & noticed texture files were missing a _ , so added it. Worked fine afterwards! Checked fsx ones & cant find any problems, but they not showing up at all. Just wondered incase anyone else had similar problem? If not, might be my set up. Will re-check later.
Dave
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

jetrange wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 00:46
Thanks for the feedback,
I used dxtbmp and integraded the Alpha Channel to the texture, but it still didn't show the windshield glass. Also, how do you make the roundels for the paints and is it possible to swap colors in photoshop? Because It looks like the Mylar on the pictures are similar to the fuselage color. Thank you,

jetrange
[/quote]

Is this paint for FS9 or FSX/P3Dv4? If it's for FSX/P3Dv4, did you also flip the alpha when you flipped the texture in Dxtbmp? Did you save the texture as Dxt3 (FS9) or Dxt5 (FSX/P3Dv4)?

It looks like you have already painted the roundels, but there are two ways to do it. If it's a complex roundel, you could find it on the net (Wikki is good) and copy and paste it as a new layer and then resize. The other way is to draw the underlying circle on a new layer and fill it. Then place subsequent layers on top of that for each element in the design. Once you have all elements of the roundel drawn you can merge those layers into one and copy to each roundel location.

The Mylar film is actually a separate layer in the paint kit (called "stone guard"). Just select it and lighten the whole layer to the required tone.

John
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

Here's an updated version of the Bangladesh C-130J. This time with tweaked colors, the correct roundels and flags, and the different Air Force and serial number titles. Still neads a little bit of tweaking and alignment. I am planning on uploading this with the psd file so others can tweak it as well.
Attachments
BAF C-130J.JPG
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Victory103 wrote: 06 Sep 2019, 19:39 ...just watched the 129th RW King Hercs at Moffett working some air drops as we arrived into SFO.
We'd be remiss to not add them:

clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Another day or two in order to sort out the bumps, and another C-130 unit will be getting replaced with JYAI models: