The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MAIW NBGAI F/A-18 Hornet Conversion Support

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

MAIW NBGAI F/A-18 Hornet Conversion Support

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for the MAIW NBGAI F/A-18 Hornet conversion package in this thread.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: MAIW NBGAI F/A-18 Hornet Conversion Support

Post by Greg »

Update 1.1 for this package is now available in the hangar, fixing the open canopies in-flight.

Matrix users can update their Australian Hornets by updating the Oceanian region to v1.1.
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Hi there...not a problem...more of a query...
Watching some of the F-18's depart egul...i'm drawn to the afterburners used...they come on just at the right time...perfect size and the colour looks great.
what I'm trying to do is use these same burners on Johns F-15s and having a few issues.
the cfg file for the hornets states Requires fx_f16_AB_Tornado effect by Jan Rosenberg
the burners aren't attached via any light entries within the cfg file so that lead me to check the mdl in modelconverterx.
what I saw was reference to attached files of fx_AfterBurnerFire3.
so I replaced the existing burner fx file with the fx_AfterBurnerFire3 and ran the sim but the burner seems over large and not what im seeing on the hornets...

Is there any way to achieve this and use the burners on the hornet on the F-15s that john produced?

all the best

Trev
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by hschuit »

Trev, you cannot use the NBAI Hornet P3D burners on other models because they are animated modelparts + stock P3D fx_AfterBurnerFire3 effect attached to the model.

Henk.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Small issue trying to narrow down. Cycling through the views of AI traffic and noticed 2 F-18Fs flying formation, but one had the landing gear down above 10000', 250+kts. Normally when viewing, the animations reset to the current state, so canopies and boarding ladders move to correct flight position. This one just continued to fly around with the gear down even after cycling views, both models were in cruise and not landing at waypoints.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Can you say what units and serials they are?
Steve
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Steve, I didn't copy it down and it was either a "clean" or "pylons" F model from VFA-122. Of course, testing KNLC scenery and waiting for this one to fly again, nothing so far. I looked at the models in AIAE w/ MCX and all good on animations.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Thanks, Chris.

The problem here is that the information is necessary for anybody to investigate. This is made even more difficult in that your retries have so far been unsuccessful in recreating it and by you have been able to find an issue in AIAE.

There is no doubt that somebody will have a look if more info comes available.
Steve