The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Lakenheath 48th FW package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Savage
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Savage »

DarkKnight wrote:see URL for more info on this famous low fly area of Wales)
Better still, try http://www.warplane.co.uk/
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Don't want to go off topic here but how is the UK2000 version of Lakenheath compared to the scenery in the package? I have all the RAF bases from parts 7 and 8

(I did install the Lakenheath scenery from this package which is really good)
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

AWESOME PACKAGE!!! thanks for all the hard you guys put into this! the F-15's even stop by keflavik...although they recently closed the base it don't matter, love the package, thanks again!
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

Is BIKF closed to USAF as well as USN traffic.
Is it not used for any transient USAF traffic?

Barry
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Joseph29 wrote:Don't want to go off topic here but how is the UK2000 version of Lakenheath compared to the scenery in the package? I have all the RAF bases from parts 7 and 8

Joseph,
The UK2000 scenery for EGUL is good, but it is part of a collection and by the nature of that you can't spend the time on it that you can if you are only concentrating on one base, plus with a collection there will always be some consolidation to reduce the size of a pack. Also the scenery was initially designed before the current AI industry built up and therefore it can't be considered AI friendly.
The general look is good but the majority of HAS are shut, as you would expect to find, which means that you can't house all the aircraft, for AI, unless you park them in closed HAS and then taxi through the doors.

Hopefully that answers your question. This is in no way a condemnation of the UK2000 series, as it is a vast improvement over the default scenery and I use it.
Steve
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

btaylo24 wrote:Is BIKF closed to USAF as well as USN traffic.
Is it not used for any transient USAF traffic?

Barry
yeah, i was stationed there right before they closed it in 2005, infact in the 2 years i was stationed there i never saw a single navy jet, only the 3-4 f-15's from kadena or lakenheath and a 135.
i'm just glad i didn't have to stick around during the closing...heard it was a pain :)
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Firebird wrote:
Joseph29 wrote:Don't want to go off topic here but how is the UK2000 version of Lakenheath compared to the scenery in the package? I have all the RAF bases from parts 7 and 8

Joseph,
The UK2000 scenery for EGUL is good, but it is part of a collection and by the nature of that you can't spend the time on it that you can if you are only concentrating on one base, plus with a collection there will always be some consolidation to reduce the size of a pack. Also the scenery was initially designed before the current AI industry built up and therefore it can't be considered AI friendly.
The general look is good but the majority of HAS are shut, as you would expect to find, which means that you can't house all the aircraft, for AI, unless you park them in closed HAS and then taxi through the doors.

Hopefully that answers your question. This is in no way a condemnation of the UK2000 series, as it is a vast improvement over the default scenery and I use it.
Yes it did answer my question :) I will be keeping this freeware scenery installed.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

BIKF air station is closed? I did not know that. There is a lot of military AI stopping at that base.
sky hag
Cadet
Cadet

ia not going air born??

Post by sky hag »

Hello gods of ai

love the grate work you maiw guys do thanks.

iam having trouble getting the lakenheath f15s to taxi and fly
thare parked and waiting but not moving help :D :D :D :D :D
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

You may want to ensure you have the correct afcad installed. Do a search and make sure no duplicates are installed.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: ia not going air born??

Post by MIKE JG »

sky hag wrote:Hello gods of ai

love the grate work you maiw guys do thanks.

iam having trouble getting the lakenheath f15s to taxi and fly
thare parked and waiting but not moving help :D :D :D :D :D
Yea, like Danny said, I'd check for duplicate AFCAD files for EGUL first off. Check that out and see what happens.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
sky hag
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks Mike and Dan

Post by sky hag »

Thanks mike and dan for the ronsponce:

ive be working with the AF2 files and keep getting lakenheath messed up
but finely got the f15's on the tarmack.

when i check ugul's is that in scenery world scernery or addon scernery/scernery?
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Check in your addon folder.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

I have Alphasim Lakenheath (with F-111 and KC-135 statics). I would like to do a merge as I have with the other Alphasim/MAIW projects. However, I cannot find the Traffic bgl or the lists needed to use TT.
Checking the contents of other MAIW stuff there is usually a Traffic.bgl to go into the Scenery/World/Scenery file. I can't seem to find anything that resembles that file. Is it named something else? What folder is in it when MAIW Lakenheath is installed. TIA :oops:
GZR_SACTARGETS
phil6765
Cadet
Cadet

Lakenheath Scenery/Ai package.

Post by phil6765 »

For some of us who have UK2000 Scenery installed, you also have to remove the Afcads and all other files related to EGUN ( MILDENHALL )as well as the files for EGUL for this scenery to work, ie buildings and AI were visible but Runways/Taxiways were missing. Are you aware of this?
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

GZR_Sactargets wrote:I have Alphasim Lakenheath (with F-111 and KC-135 statics). I would like to do a merge as I have with the other Alphasim/MAIW projects. However, I cannot find the Traffic bgl or the lists needed to use TT.
Checking the contents of other MAIW stuff there is usually a Traffic.bgl to go into the Scenery/World/Scenery file. I can't seem to find anything that resembles that file. Is it named something else? What folder is in it when MAIW Lakenheath is installed. TIA :oops:
GZR_Sactargets,

There hould be a traffic bgl file named Traffic_48th FW RAF Lakenheath in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder or at least there was in my download. I don't believe the 3 TTools text files used to compile this traffic bgl file were included in the download or at least I didn't get them.

Mike
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

mikewmac wrote:
GZR_Sactargets wrote:I have Alphasim Lakenheath (with F-111 and KC-135 statics). I would like to do a merge as I have with the other Alphasim/MAIW projects. However, I cannot find the Traffic bgl or the lists needed to use TT.
GZR_Sactargets,

There hould be a traffic bgl file named Traffic_48th FW RAF Lakenheath in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder or at least there was in my download. I don't believe the 3 TTools text files used to compile this traffic bgl file were included in the download or at least I didn't get them.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I did find it there as you describe. Have the Nick Black F-15s installed and the scenery. I guess I will have to do some more exploring to see why I am not seeing the Aircraft or Traffic.
GZR_SACTARGETS
Seagull
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Seagull »

I have just found a conflict with another airfield andrewsfield-EGSL.zip from Avsim. When trying to contact Lakenheath Approach all you get is Andrewsfield ATIS.

To overcome this I had to uninstall andrewsfield and its Afcad, which cured the problem.

I do not know if anyone else has had this problem, but I thought I would let you know anyway.

A superb package. Have seen numerous visitors there. Many thanks.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

You could have left Andrewsfield in, just opened it's afcad and changed the ATIS frequency, so that it did not conflict with EGUL

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."