The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

General MAIW Conversion Package issues

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: General MAIW Conversion Package issues

Post by Greg »

I'm not seeing anything out of place at KNHK other than the known coastline issues that are mentioned in the Matrix NA readme, but I also now just realised that I'm still running the old FTX Central and not their new ORBX Central (their attempt to simplify things by ditching the FTX brand only made it more complicated in my opinion). In any case the multiple files for KNHK shouldn't cause any issues. There's only one AFD for KNHK itself. The other ones are "overlay" helicopter and STOL AFD's and as far as P3D is concerned, separate airfields.
jabloomf1230
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Post by jabloomf1230 »

Thanks Greg. It's not the shoreline issue. It's that runways and aprons are displaced. My theory on this is that HF2 can't handle more than one active add-on version. The only odd thing that I noticed about the MAIW KNHK is that it still has the FS9 airport coordinates. I never thought that affected anything except the location of the airport symbol on maps and GPS units. But maybe HF2 uses those coordinates for something.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Well I'm running HF2 and not seeing what you describe at KNHK, even with ORBX Central now installed, but I still haven't done the new "migration to libraries" thing in Central.

My guess is that having ORBX stuff as addon packages, together with a change in HF2 I'm unaware of, screws up the whole scenery layer "sandwich". I'll need some more time to look into this.

On a side note: I'm going to split off this topic from the thread and move it to Matrix support
bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bvanhout »

Firebird wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 10:25 The reason I am making this assumption is that under FSX/P3D if you do not have each aircrafts "atc_airline=" parm set to something then aircraft is automatically a GA - General Aviation - aircraft.
Hi,

Is there an "easy way" to mass remove line "atc_airline=" from the config, or is it a line by line slog?

Regards
Brian
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

You want to remove the atc_airline parm altogether so that everything is GA?

I believe that Martin's AI Aircraft Editor will do that. Just set up the Delete Keys section under tools.
Steve
bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bvanhout »

Yes remove the "atc_airline=" line completely.
Thank you
bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bvanhout »

Yes have them enabled under GA in AI Traffic.
Remove the "atc_airline=" line completely or is it sufficient just to remove the "callsign" and leave the parm "atc_airline=".
Thank you
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If you don't want anything to have a callsign.

Unless there is something in the atc_airline field it will be a GA flight. So either "atc_airline=" or removing the entire line will work. This will then use what you have compiled in the flightplan as the callsign

Try Martins AIAE. I don't think that you can select all the aircraft folders at once and delete them all in one go but once you select what you want to remove it has to be easier going from folder to folder than manually loading each cfg into an editor.
Steve
bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bvanhout »

Thanks Steve,

I have tired Martin's AIAE and it works perfectly, better than deleting individual lines in the aircraft.cfg.

Appreciate the assistance.
Brian
mrobertsco2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by mrobertsco2 »

Hey Guys, so I am a long time user of MAIW products. Recently got a few new additions via downloading the Official Packages including mostly the Alaska and Pacific stuff. Of note I am running FSX boxed addition. In the past, I used the AIFP tool to upgrade all my FS9 models to FSX, and I noticed that some of my traffic was now missing. So I went back and converted the missing files into FSX and found that it seemed to work.

However, now flying back in the states I am once again missing tons of traffic. I guess I am looking for some clarification. Obviously these packages were designed for FS9. That means the graphics won't be as good as native FSX files, and that the directories are not correct for where aircraft will default to download.

So the process to upgrade to FSX should simply be moving the aircraft from the temporary download location into SimObjects\Airplanes and then using AIFP to upgrade the bgl file from fs9 to fsx? This is the process I went through. All the files in AIFP are working and the traffic analyzer tool shows that there is correct parking, but for example all my AMC_EAST aircraft, SBANG, and AMC_Heavies are now not spawning in the sim..

Thanks for the help and as always, killer product.
Matt
"FLY NAVY"
WINDOWS 10 64 BIT // INTEL CORE i7-4770T
16GB RAM // DIRECTX12
NVIDIA GEFORCE 730A
mrobertsco2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mrobertsco2 »

So Basic Update, I reinstalled the original backup files and most of my traffic has returned. I now have the standard FS9 files back and what I noticed is that any of my WOAI files that have FSX in the title are suppressed, I lost the F-35's now as that file was FSX, and for some reason all of my Pensacola and trainer traffic is suppressed. But the AMC aircraft seem to have all returned. I am running a lot of different MAIW and WOAI traffic so I think what would be most helpful is to get a better understanding from you guys on why the FSX/FS9 files corrupt eachother and the correct process to get them all happy together. THanks
Matt
"FLY NAVY"
16GB RAM // DIRECTX12
NVIDIA GEFORCE 730A
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

FS9 and FSX traffic files use a different day of the week numbering sequence (don't know why Microsoft needed to do that) and mixing the files together in FSX just confuses the AI engine so nothing displays. The problem will affect all AI aircraft in the catchment area where the files are mixed. That can be a very large area particularly if you have several conflicts.

When you used AIFP to scan for FS9-formatted files, as well as your FSX/scenery/world/scenery folder, did you also scan your local scenery files for traffic files? Some designers sometimes place the files there.

John
mrobertsco2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mrobertsco2 »

I did not think to look for that. And I also did not really realize that you can just scan for FS9 formatted files. I will do that now, but I definitely did not realize that the local files could be a problem also. So instead of defaulting all the files back to FS9, I should be using the FSX versions, and use the Find FS9 feature in AIFP to locate and either delete or upgrade any FS9 files?
Matt
"FLY NAVY"
16GB RAM // DIRECTX12
NVIDIA GEFORCE 730A
mrobertsco2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mrobertsco2 »

So update, I ran the FS9 finder, after backing up my files to when they were all FSX. I am only showing FS9 files in the optional folders that are not selected to be used. So with ALL FSX files, I should be good? Of note, I have also tried pulling up all the traffic files effected in AIFP to ensure none of the variables are red or missing. And run the validation tool as well
Matt
"FLY NAVY"
16GB RAM // DIRECTX12
NVIDIA GEFORCE 730A
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Yes, absolutely, use AIFP to find and convert all your traffic files to FSX format. Having 100% FS9-formatted files might work in FSX, but as soon as you add an FSX traffic file from a new download, you will kill your traffic again.

John
mrobertsco2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mrobertsco2 »

John Young wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 06:25 Yes, absolutely, use AIFP to find and convert all your traffic files to FSX format. Having 100% FS9-formatted files might work in FSX, but as soon as you add an FSX traffic file from a new download, you will kill your traffic again.

John
John, THanks for the help. You were right, a couple random files were selected for display that were FS9. After updating them, I am now seeing all of my traffic again. Thank you!
Matt
"FLY NAVY"
16GB RAM // DIRECTX12
NVIDIA GEFORCE 730A
KaleemBeats
Cadet
Cadet

Post by KaleemBeats »

I have a problem with the conversion packages for FSX-SE. I've tried many airports with the packages, and the packages which included traffic files, I would visit to those airports to verify those locations worked. One common issue I'm finding is the conversion packages that were overseas (I'm in the US) would work, but when I traveled to an airport within the US which had a traffic file, I would see no traffic. My overall goal is to actually repaint the helicopter textures and use them to have ai fly locally to heliports I recently created in the Charlotte, NC area.

I'm very experienced with ADE and AIFP, however when I created a new custom flight plan with one of the conversion helicopters they will not take off or even move under any circumstance!! I had no luck searching the internet for a solution.

I began making changes to my ADE airport file because it originally was only just a helipad with no runway, but once I added the runway I managed to only get the helicopter to move once, and all it did was "taxi" to my grass runway and just hovered and never took off. This was after my last edit of adding a vehicle parking spot to fuel. Now, it seems like my FSX-SE is stuck in a endless loop of where, I see the fuel truck move from the designated parking spot, pass by the helicopter parked at hand then, make a U-turn and go back to the parking spot, and the helicopter still will not move, not even turn on!!

I'm not sure if this is an ADE issue with my heliport I created, but what specific requirements do the conversion packages need at the heliport/airport? I noticed the manual for the specific package I'm using mentioned 900ft runway. So I created a 900ft runway in front of the helipad with the proper aprons, and taxiways and still no luck. I tried the same thing at another airport and still no luck. Even the provided scenery inside the conversion pack didn't show any helicopters at the scenery. So is this a bug in FSX-SE or am I doing something wrong and my ADE file is missing info that MAIW helicopters need to actually depart? My overall goal is to just have the repainted MAIW helicopter travel from helipad to helipad on a fixed scheduled created in AIFP.

Thank you for any response in advance, I've been working with this issue for days and decided to officially post here since no avail.
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Which packages in particular are you having issues with?
...all it did was "taxi" to my grass runway and just hovered and never took off...
Does your heliport have hold short nodes?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The first thing you mention is that no AI traffic is found in the US. That seems to suggest that there is at least one FS9 traffic file in your FSX system. ALL have to be converted to the FSX standard or no traffic shows up.
I would suggest using AIFP to search for any FS9 files and convert them. Remember that traffic files are not only found in the default place but in any active scenery folder. They also don't have to be aircraft traffic, they can also be ship or vehicle traffic files.

Now on the second problem, it may well be that you have not put a hold node in like you would do at any normal afcad, double-check that. It could also be that there is something amiss with your ATC at that field. Check other helo afcads to see if you can see anything that you might have missed.
It sounds like something might not have been added.
Steve
SlayerAviation
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SlayerAviation »

Where do I put the flightplans for the JYAI aircraft (B-47 and B-36)? Im asking because they are not showing on my FSX KGUS and KBAD.

Thanks, Slayer