The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

PAI Installer error

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

PAI Installer error

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi All

I get this when I open the PAI installer it used to Work but not any longer. Can anyone help?

An error occurred while opening the 'InstallInit' window.
Windows could not create the InstallInit window for the following reason:

> Windows could not create the Label1 (Label type) field for the following reason:

> Invalid window handle.
(1400)

Technical informations

Project: PAI Installer

Dump the module error <WD75OBJ.DLL> <7.50Aukf>.

- WL call:
Function <>, syntax no. <0>

- Level: fatal error (EL_FATAL)

- Error code: 10023

- Error code WD55: 0

- No system error code

- No system error message

- What happened ?
An error occurred while opening the 'InstallInit' window.
Windows could not create the InstallInit window for the following reason:

> Windows could not create the Label1 (Label type) field for the following reason:

> Invalid window handle.
(1400)

- No debug info
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: PAI Installer error

Post by Firebird »

The PAI Installer hasn't been supported for many years now and I would guess that Windows has changed enough that it will not run any more.

The only other thing you could try is setting its compatibility mode to XP to see if that forces it through.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Could very well be some missing VB or C runtime or control
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Firebird wrote: 14 Nov 2019, 16:15 The PAI Installer hasn't been supported for many years now and I would guess that Windows has changed enough that it will not run any more.

The only other thing you could try is setting its compatibility mode to XP to see if that forces it through.
Tried that still no joy. I have an old XP laptop gathering dust so I'll try it on that.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Post by msm8378 »

I have had similar problems with both the PAI installer and WOAI installer. I found the error in my cases to be caused by the installers requiring DOT NET 1.1 support. Each time windows 10 has an update I run a couple of registry cleaners to get win10 to allow it to work again. That said, I have all of the PAI packs a raw unpackaged format saved to a flash drive just to avoid the problems with the aging installers. Is there anything I can send to you that you can manually install?

Mat
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks Matt I'll let you know

Cheers
John

msm8378
Captain
Captain

Post by msm8378 »

No problem at all John... I work as a Construction Project Manager here in the US since retiring from the US Army. I will be traveling all day tomorrow and have meetings all day Monday. Just let me know what you need when you are ready and I will get the files to you as soon as possible.

Mat