The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI Vehicles

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

AI Vehicles

Post by John Young »

As mentioned in the JYAI C-130 topic, I decided to split out the AI vehicles that I made for Schenectady\Stratton and make a separate upload so users can better find them in the future should they want to set them up elsewhere and so I can add to them when I feel inclined.

There are 3 vehicles so far - an Oshkosh Striker 3000 fire tuck, a Ford USAF ambulance and a USAF Chevrolet Impala police car:

I've also painted the fire truck in JMSDF, JASDF and JGSDF liveries so they can be added to Japanese military scenery if desired:

Setting up the vehicles is quite easy. The AFCAD I made for Stratton has an invisible 1ft taxi path that goes around the outside of the airfield. The vehicles take 33 minutes to drive around it. The taxi path has standard parking spots and terminates at an out of the way, 50ft x 4ft runway that is closed for take-off and landing. When the vehicles get to the runway they remain still for a few minutes and then disappear. They then re-appear at their parking spots prior to their next departure.

Here's the AFCAD example:

The flight plans are also straight forward too, just two A to A legs for each movement.

Just the manual to write and I'll get these uploaded.

John
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: AI Vehicles

Post by Joecoastie »

John,

These are really neat looking. I've a few places where security is lax that can use a patrol through the area.
And of the course, the rescue squads seem to be always on call.
You never cease to amaze with your creations. Back in FS4 who would have thought of AI planes, and AI ships and now AI road vehicles.

Joe

EDIT: What 'Stratton' scenery is this.
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

Joecoastie wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 13:00 EDIT: What 'Stratton' scenery is this.
Forgive me for asking the above question.
I just read the C-130 thread. Hadn't looked at it for quite a few pages. :oops:
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
asdro
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by asdro »

Hey John

Will you make also a paintkit? There might be some talented users who want to make specific paint schemes for certain airports. For example neon yellow fire trucks.

Also, as i habe suggested, it would be absolutly nice to have more vehicles. For example packages depending on manufacturer like TLD, Goldhofer, Schopf, Douglas, Mulack ect.

They cozld be used also on some addon sceneries probably.

Thanks!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I can certainly include a paint kit asdro. As for other models, not from me at the moment, but I'll keep all options open.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

As usual the attention to detail is amazing on AI. The little SF black berets are cute!

Not sure if getting permission from MCD or the previous MAIW Humvees to make into updated AI models w/ pax.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I was wondering the same thing Chris, but it would only take a couple of days to make a new model. Would a Humvee be useful?
paul64
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by paul64 »

Very nice John, do these have steering ? May build on my vehicle collection (RAF fire vehicles etc..)
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

John Young wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 17:10 I was wondering the same thing Chris, but it would only take a couple of days to make a new model. Would a Humvee be useful?
A Humvee (normal, or medic) for airbase in Qatar, UAE etc...

Firetruck like Rosenbauer Panther 6x6 (for european AB and Airport)

And a Fueltruck (civil and military version)

And why not a "Follow Me" ? (with a 4x4, or a VW Van)
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

No the vehicles do not have steering. It doesn't work that well at the best of times with AI aircraft, but I tried it on the vehicles and it just wasn't convincing.

I'm not looking for a list of future vehicle options and paints at this point thanks. I'm not making a wholesale move into AI vehicles, I was just interested in providing some for Stratton ANG base to supplement the LC-130H's. The addition of the security police car made it worthwhile to provide a separate package for people to use as is and as they wish. I may provide more in the future, but only when and if I feel inclined to do so. I'll let people have a play with the 3 that will be in the upload first and see what the interest is.

John
asdro
Major
Major

Post by asdro »

We are not interested, we are on fire for AI vehicles :mrgreen:
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Noted asdro, but let's see what people do with the 3 I've produced first. Their use requires the ability to produce an AFCAD and a flight plan. Not everyone can do that.
asdro
Major
Major

Post by asdro »

So is the Afcad and flightplan similar to the afcad and Flightplans of AI ships in FS9?
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Yes, very similar to a ship AFCAD, but a ship flight plan may well have an A-B and back flight plan, or I guess, but never done it, multiple legs to various "ports". AI vehicles generally only need two A-A legs as stated.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The JYAI Vehicles package (FS9 and FSX/P3Dv4 combined) were sent for inclusion in the Download Hangar this morning. As always, please give Greg a chance to make them available. The package will be in the newly created "AI Vehicles" category. It also includes a paint kit for each of the 3 vehicles.

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Would be nice to have RAF, Army and RN vehicles. Keep in mind the UK MOD use the same vehicles for all services so it would only need base models with different textures. Landrover, Ambulance, Police car plus Defence Fire and Rescue Service trucks
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
paul64
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by paul64 »

Could have some RAF fire service vehicles too🚒🚒😖
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Would be proud to maybe offer some of my models, if needed.

Regards, Manfred.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Manfred, I'll bear that in mind. Unless you want to set them up as AI vehicles yourself of course. Just name the wheels as "tires" (still and blurred) and ensure the pivot points are in the right direction and export as an aircraft. Use my FDE if you want to.

John
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Stunning job John, really nice and detailed vehicles.
What's next? Personnel that remove chocks and engine protection before flight? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Giorgio

P.S. Someone asked for the Humvee. It's already available and used in the Nellis package and IAF Ramon package.
There is also a truck in a Polish or Czech package.