The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

C-130's at KCLT

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
mbscjohnp
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

C-130's at KCLT

Post by mbscjohnp »

I have C-130's sitting in the current C-17 parking slots at Charlotte North Carolina ANG area and need to find what MAIW package they are in so that I can get rid of them. I have attempted to search all installed packages and would like to delete these aircraft that do not belong here anymore. I modified and added the current 8 Charlotte C-17's into the C-17 package and made their flight plans, since they were not contained in the East package, but they are scattered on the airport, because the old C-130's are occupying their parking slots. I used a Charleston AFB C-17 and repainted its tail stripe and aircraft numbers and created the 8 that I needed. I'd be happy to share. John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: C-130's at KCLT

Post by Firebird »

They are in the Seaboard ANG package.
Steve
mbscjohnp
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mbscjohnp »

Firebird (Steve) Friend: Thx for the reply. I finally found the Charlotte ones in MAIW_HTAI C130H under RCH_XX_156.xx and deleted them in the cfg and their textures. I could not find their flight plans to delete those. No biggie. They are gone. If they are in Seaboard ANG, I don't have that package and you might want to delete them there also. They were replaced some time ago. Our female Colonel 145th AW commanding officer has our Charlotte folks fighting fires in California with our replaced C-17s, with no mention at all from our CiC. By the way, converting the new C17s for Charlotte from the Charleston "model" one was a simple process. Thx for converting the Charleston ones for P3Dv4. Simming would not be as enjoyable without all of you dedicated folks! John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

The Herc FPs are in that package as well, which could be a basis for the C-17s, or just new FPs. Did you paint the tails of the C-17s for CLT?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
mbscjohnp
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mbscjohnp »

Chris:
Yes I am in the process of painting. I am stymied by the lack of actual tail numbers and have obtained two so far 00-183 and 10-197. I have a call into 145th AW for the rest. I obtained the entire tail striping (aircraft with sword through the middle and looks like afterburner or fire out of the back on blue background and Charlotte in yellow). I can ship you an email of the picture. I placed my 8 prototypes on the ANG tarmac but no real tail numbers on the rest. I started out using a Charleston C-17 and modified the tail stripe and 00-183 from the ANG website and added it to AIW East C-17 and added flight plans to and from KCLT-KCHS to permanently place them at KCLT. Had to fix KCLT to add the correct parking spots at the ANG tarmac. As soon as I obtain the other tail numbers, I will continue. If our house doesn't float away in the meantime as the Intercoastal is flooding up to 3 streets from us today in Socastee. John
morbidfred
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by morbidfred »

Hi,

Scramble also list 93-0602 as being active with the 145th AW not much help but its another one.
mbscjohnp
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mbscjohnp »

morbidfred: Thanks any help is appreciated, because it appears the duty folks at Charlotte ANGB either don't know or something else. I really don't wish to be a bother to them doing their special work. Flood watch: drainage ditch at rear was empty and now is about to overflow upstream from the Intercoastal flooding. Street and houses flooded up to 2 blocks from us. Waterway to crest tomorrow.
ahs06
Captain
Captain

Post by ahs06 »

The DoD isn't real big on giving out force strength or serial numbers. I think you might have to wait till photographers get some pics.
"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind"-C Ritzer
mbscjohnp
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mbscjohnp »

ahs06: Oh don't I know it and good for them. But landing on RWY 18R and passing the ANGB can get a good look and parking in the lot next door can also. These are ANG AW's currently fighting fires in California, not secret fighters or bombers. Someone will get them for us. They post 3 of them on their website. The major problem is that they only have 1 person at the base on non-duty days. I got plenty of numbers on Google for some really sensitive bases before (even tails sticking out from under covers at Eglin and surprising types at Hulbert) and I'm sure our adversaries use Google also. It might be good for them to see our strength. John
KC10Pilot
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by KC10Pilot »

I hate to sound ignorant on this but I'm looking for these C-17s to swap out the C-130s there at KCLT but I cant tell if they were ever posted in here or if it's just a matter of me asking for them from someone who has graciously painted them up. Could anyone please help me with this?
mbscjohnp
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mbscjohnp »

KC10 Pilot: Hi there. Well I finally gave up and checked from what bases that Charlotte received theirs on the KCLT NCANG Website and found them in MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW RWAI Boeing C-17 Globemaster III. I then transferred those into a new folder named Charlotte ANG. Then from the Charlotte ANG website, I obtained the new tail flash and resized the picture with Paint. I then "pasted" that on the tails of the aircraft now sitting at NCANG Charlotte and repainted the correct tail and fuselage numbers, to include the side "honors" decal. I would be most pleased to ship you these modified AIs. I have to assume that you know how to correct their parking spots at KCLT and install the AIs that I ship to you. If not, we can discuss what you need to do and how to do it. Quite a lengthy process and several "modifying" tools. It is kind of frustrating of not being able to post pics of my modifications, John
cahuich
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by cahuich »

hI,

Did anyone painted the C-17 for the 145th Arlift wing at KCLT and for the converted C-17 P3D model?

If yes, could you share it pls'

Thanks