The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Ai Helicopters

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
oldnavy
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Ai Helicopters

Post by oldnavy »

Looking for Military Helos to use in AI Carriers 2 that have animated rotor blades.

I see that some of them have the animation baked into the mdl file.

I wanted to use some for carrier plane guard.

I see some AI Helos here but the rotor blades do not move.

Thanks.
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Ai Helicopters

Post by hschuit »

None of the AI helos you find here (or anywhere else) can be used as aicarriers (or RFN_CarrierGauge) plane guard. A plane guard model can be very simple, the rotor animation is just an always on ambient rotation. AI helo models are more complex, they have more animations which are a.o. triggered by the AI traffic flight phases. Rotor animation is based on flight phase - engine rpm. That is why the rotors do not move when trying to use an AI helo as plane guard.

Henk
oldnavy
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Re: Ai Helicopters

Post by oldnavy »

Thanks for explaining that to me. I do have a couple of AI helos that were part of the Midway package and another pro
dev for another carrier. They made those and "Threw" them into the package they were sellling.

I did notice the animation of the rotor blades when loading the mdl files in ModelconverterX.
Looks like the mdl files are a compilation of various separate image files rolled into a mdl file.