The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI Disappears after refueling

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
jetrange
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

AI Disappears after refueling

Post by jetrange »

Good Morning,

I'm having this strange occurrence with AI traffic where after an AI aircraft has finished refueling, it disappears instead of pushing back. This was occurring on a parking spot connected to two taxi links. Does it have something to do with the version of ADE i'm using?

Thank you,

jetrange
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: AI Disappears after refueling

Post by Firebird »

Is this related to our scenery or somebody elses?
Steve
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

This occurred with my scenery for Maxwell AFB and an AFCAD for Edwards AFB in FSX.
bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by bvanhout »

Am I missing something? How do AI aircraft refuel?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

They don't actually refuel, but in FSX and P3D you can have refueling trucks (and other GSE depending on the parking type) drive to AI aircraft some time before they push back or start taxiing.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

In which case if we ignore the refuelling trucks for a moment. What you are saying is that when the aircraft were due to taxy they disappeared.
This from the early days of FS AI flights is due to the fact that the aircraft can't get from the parking spot to the active runway. As you seem to indicate that both afcads were created/modded by you I would suggest that the parking spots do not have a pipeline to runways.
Try error checking the afcads to check for unconnected parking spots and/or disconnected taxiways.
Steve
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

I thought of doing some more work on my updated scenery for Edwards and it's still having a problem of aircraft disappearing when they are supposed to push back. The strange thing is that all the parking spots have a taxi path to the runways, so I error checked and the only major findings is a duplicate runway and wrong link IDs. So is that what's causing the AI to disappear?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Obviously it is difficult to guess, in a situation like this, without actually seeing it first hand.

To be honest, my first thought here is that the normal case for aircraft disappearing from parking spots is that there is no route to an active runway. You have a slightly different case, where the aircraft push back before disappearing.

Now a sort of computer logic here would say:-
1. Can I reach a runway?
Yes - pushback or roll forward,
No - disappear.
2. I am pushed back/rolled forward. Can I reach the active runway?
Yes - follow directions to runway
No - disappear

My thinking here is that if this logic is correct it is the duplicate runway IDs that are the problem. It could be that the it doesn't know which runway to go to.
I would say fix at the very least the runway issue and I would suggest fixing the link ids as well and test again.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

What does ATC say? I had a similar problem a few months back trying out an old FDE. The aircraft wouldn't move at the scheduled time. I eventually discovered it didn't have a radio section in the aircraft.cfg file so couldn't get clearance. Having added it, it then departed fine.

John