The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

JYAI C-130J Specials

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

Post by pslinger »

Another fantastic package, thank you John and to all involved. I am always amazed at the talent, skill, and effort that goes into these packages. I appreciate the effort and you sharing your work with the community.

Paul
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thank you Paul. Brent also helped out with this one. He diverted the river for me and also made the grass polygon, both for FS9.

John
Mark Fox
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Mark Fox »

John,

If I may, P3D is reporting a few issues in the Schenectady scenery:

1. gp_JY_Lightsplash.bmp is missing (from both packages). gp_JY_Lightsplash_lm.bmp, however, is in the P3DV4 package.

2. JYAI_C-130J_T.BMP is missing. It is used on the C-130 training fuselage (cockpit windows). I copied one from one of fleet of J models.

3. MCX indicated that the tectures for the static LC-130D gate guard in the KSCH_ADEX_JY_OBJ.bgl scenery file could not be found. I realized that there were an extra space before the .dds/.bmp: JYAI_LC-130D_Gate_Guard_t .dds should be JYAI_LC-130D_Gate_Guard_t.dds - and- JYAI_LC-130D_Gate_Guard_lm .dds should be JYAI_LC-130D_Gate_Guard_lm.dds.

I, too, am thrilled with your work John.

Mark
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'm a bit puzzled by your findings Mark. Schenectady is fine in my 3 sims.

Did you use MCX to try and identify the causes after you observed the 3 problems in the sims? Did you then check to see that by taking the action you did, that the problems were rectified?

This is why I'm puzzled, but bear in mind it gets complicated when trying to design for 3 sim versions and my brain can trip up from time to time:

1. gp_JY_Lightsplash.bmp is not used in the FS9 and FSX Schenectady scenery. In these sim versions the light splashes are drawn from effect files with their associated texture. In P3Dv4, I couldn't get the same technique to work, so they are drawn with ground polygons (gp). The texture for those is present in the P3Dv4 download as you have reported.

2. JYAI_C-130J_T.bmp is not used on the C-130 training fuselage. This model uses the "Hangars_general.bmp" texture.

3. Yes there is an extra space before the ".dds" in the gate guard texture (quite by accident), but the model also calls the texture with the added space, so there is no actual display problem.

If my reading is correct, then the only consequence for you might be that you may have caused the static gate guard textures not to display because you have effectively changed the texture name that was correct in the first place.

Could you just check that for me please?

John
Mark Fox
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mark Fox »

Hi John,

No worries, and I hope that I did not add to yours! You are correct, that the issues raised by error reporting are not causing visual issues within the sim.

The issues MCX identified are really issues with where I tell MCX to look for textures. Didn't think about that...and I apologize for that.

KSCH and your LC-130's are brilliant, and I truly enjoy them.

Mark
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

If there's no evidence of problems in the sims, Mark, there's little point in trying to solve them. Even if MCX throws up what it thinks is a problem, then surely you would check that in the sim to confirm it. Instead, it just wasted an hour of my time this morning trying to diagnose problems that just didn't exist.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Still working on finding and updating my AI C-130s, I know "click" has started a few replacement packages to retire the HTAI Hercs. I've been using c-130.net and scramble.nl along with confirmed sightings on Google to find out the major changes from the original MAIW packages. I don't feel confident with my repainting skills just yet. Hope I can save a painter some time by supplying tail#s for each unit based on my research.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I just want to point out a possible mistake in the FSX plans for the LC-130's. In the Aircraft.txt file it is numbered normal (AC#1, AC#2, AC#3 ect), but in the flightplan.txt there are two entries for AC#1.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Does anyone know the callsigns of the LC-130's? I thought someone mentioned what they are but I can't find it. Also what is the parking code used in the scenery? Because the parking code for the LC-130's are blank in the aircraft cfg file.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The only large parking spots at KSCH are "mil_cargo" and the only large aircraft operating from there are the LC-130H's. The GA spots on the other side of the airport are coded accordingly and have a maximum radius of 65ft. The airport doesn't take large commercial aircraft so a problem shouldn't arise.

I'm not sure what would happen if a commercial 747 for example was inserted in the KSCH flight plan for some reason, but users can add parking codes to the AFCAD and aircraft.cfg file if a problem does arise.

Sorry, I don't have the 109th AW call signs.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

SKIER is one of the callsigns for the 139th.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thanks John. I did not realize the biggest planes at KSCH are the C-130's. And thanks Firebird for the SKIER.

Also I noticed there was no Antarctica flights in this package so I made a plan for one aircraft to fly from NZCH to Antarctica a couple of days during the week. I saw online that during the summer months they have a aircraft base at NZCH to do the flights.

AC#x,73-3300,1%,WEEK,VFR,5/01:05,5/07:26,320,F,0030,NZWD,5/08:26,5/14:17,220,F,0030,NZCH,2/06:41,2/13:12,320,F,0030,NZWD,2/14:20,2/20:41,220,F,0030,NZCH,3/11:02,3/17:23,300,F,0030,NZWD,3/18:36,4/00:57,300,F,0030,NZCH,4/10:11,4/16:32,300,F,0030,NZWD,4/17:41,5/00:02,300,F,0030,NZCH

Now if I remember to do it I will make another plan for this aircraft after the summer is over and have it back in NY.
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

Coming back to this thread with another 130 project i'm working on. This time, updating the 4 C-130Hs of the Afghan Air Force. The only challenge i'm facing is the details, mostly the windows because the Afghan Hercs have a different arrangement for the windows than the details on the paint-kit, so i'm trying to figure out how to modify the detail layer to get that arrangement. The rest of it shouldn't be too hard.

Here's the arrangement on the Afghan Herc:
Attachments
Afghan C-130 Progress 1.JPG
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

It's easy, just click the details layer with the windows in it and put a rectangular selection around the window you want to move. Drag it to the new position. If you want more windows, copy and paste.

John
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

If you are going to be doing a bunch more C-130 paints, I would suggest copying the windows into their own layer, then duplicating that layer and modifying it each time you find a new window configuration. That way you can have an easy to switch to layer each time you need different windows, instead of having to keep re-editing them.
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

I know I'm being inconsistent with paints, but I decided to do the 4 HC-130Ns operated by the 39th RQS at Patrick AFB. They replace the package previously done with the HTAI models.
Attachments
Patrick 6.JPG
Patrick 4.JPG
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks for doing these jetrange, these are about to become HC-130Js.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Hi all,
I noticed that the new Moroccan C-130 by Jim Rodger, are almost transparent.

I'm on FS9. Anyone else with the same problem?

Thanks in advance, Giorgio.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Check that the alpha channel is the correct one.

John
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

It's something I've screwed up, leave it with me and I'll get an update out sharpish :(

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"