The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

USCG AI MH-65.

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
mins
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

USCG AI MH-65.

Post by mins »

Hello.

You can test it. ^ ^

Have a nice weekend.

https://mega.nz/#!Dp8hmAaT!DTSqIzzAMaq1 ... ivhvft_YYo

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: USCG AI MH-65.

Post by John Young »

Hi Mins,

I see you have been busy again. Thanks for the opportunity to test the model.

First off, the helicopter looks good and it performed well in a circuit of my test airfield and it came back to land, which is always a good thing. You have the prop_anim ratio spot on and the rotors look great. The paint is particularly well done.

I couldn’t view the helicopter with Traffic Toolbox after the animated lift because it was too high in the window. You can bring it down again, if you want, as it passes above 300ft with another small hidden cube that you link the animated lift part to. This is the xml trigger you want:

<part>
<name>Anim_DROP_RISE</name>
<animation>
<parameter>
<code>
300 40000 (A:RADIO HEIGHT, feet) rng 100 *
</code>
<Lag>20</Lag>
</parameter>
</animation>
</part>

The 40000ft value is the upper limit of the animation. The helicopter will rise again on approach, ready for the landing, as it passes below 300ft but it’s too far away to be seen from the runway.

Your vertical lift and landing is a bit jerky. Have a play with the lag value in the xml trigger or perhaps reduce the height of the lift.

Have a look at the wheel paints. The light and dark of the hubs create a “wonky” rotation. Use some uniform texturing to overcome that.

You’ve done very well Mins, but it would be even better if you could progress in your learning from one model to the next. You really need to cut out windows to create an interior. It’s fiddly but not too difficult once you can slice planes successfully. I can show you how to do that.

You still don’t have any LODs. Your MH 69 has 5084 polygons and 22 draw calls, which is very good for the first LOD. Have you tried to produce lower LODs and if you did, what prevented you from including them?

Keep at it, it will all snap into place in time if you learn something each time you make a model and not move on to the next one until you are ready with what you have learned.

Hope that helps.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Nice job mins, I like the attention to detail with RBF flags, chocks, and the blade tie-downs. From my experience, we always tied the blades down.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
mins
Captain
Captain

Post by mins »

John Young wrote: 15 Feb 2020, 16:31 Hi Mins,

I see you have been busy again. Thanks for the opportunity to test the model.

First off, the helicopter looks good and it performed well in a circuit of my test airfield and it came back to land, which is always a good thing. You have the prop_anim ratio spot on and the rotors look great. The paint is particularly well done.

I couldn’t view the helicopter with Traffic Toolbox after the animated lift because it was too high in the window. You can bring it down again, if you want, as it passes above 300ft with another small hidden cube that you link the animated lift part to. This is the xml trigger you want:

<part>
<name>Anim_DROP_RISE</name>
<animation>
<parameter>
<code>
300 40000 (A:RADIO HEIGHT, feet) rng 100 *
</code>
<Lag>20</Lag>
</parameter>
</animation>
</part>

The 40000ft value is the upper limit of the animation. The helicopter will rise again on approach, ready for the landing, as it passes below 300ft but it’s too far away to be seen from the runway.

Your vertical lift and landing is a bit jerky. Have a play with the lag value in the xml trigger or perhaps reduce the height of the lift.

Have a look at the wheel paints. The light and dark of the hubs create a “wonky” rotation. Use some uniform texturing to overcome that.

You’ve done very well Mins, but it would be even better if you could progress in your learning from one model to the next. You really need to cut out windows to create an interior. It’s fiddly but not too difficult once you can slice planes successfully. I can show you how to do that.

You still don’t have any LODs. Your MH 69 has 5084 polygons and 22 draw calls, which is very good for the first LOD. Have you tried to produce lower LODs and if you did, what prevented you from including them?

Keep at it, it will all snap into place in time if you learn something each time you make a model and not move on to the next one until you are ready with what you have learned.

Hope that helps.

John
Thank you, John.

I still lack a lot of skills. I have to practice more.

I can now produce LOD. The LOD is so repetitive. So it's boring and boring.

I still have to.

Thank you.
mins
Captain
Captain

Post by mins »

Victory103 wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 03:10 Nice job mins, I like the attention to detail with RBF flags, chocks, and the blade tie-downs. From my experience, we always tied the blades down.
Thank you.

There is not always enough data. So I rely a lot on Google.

I'm still a bit short of skill. But I will make it more real.
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

Looks great Mins, keep up the great work. Looking forward to the Lynx series and hopefully the wonderful guys in the conversion team can bring them to p3d
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Yes you are quite right Mins, making LODs is quite boring, but necessary, particularly for FS9 and FSX. It's nowhere near as boring though as applying animation tags to parts for FSX and P3Dv4 through all those LODs.

Go on, nail this one. Let's have test version 2 of the MH 65 with LODs. It will set you up for all the following models you do.

John