The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

re: MAIW FSX Package Conversion

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: re: MAIW FSX Package Conversion

Post by Firebird »

Tom,
What I would say is that all instructions can look intimidating at first. It doesn't matter whether it is a 100 page technical manual or an shelf unit from Ikea.
The key is to break it down into manageable parts, like any other instruction set. Firstly read through w/o doing anything. Then just follow the instructions one step at a time, it doesn't matter if you take an hour between each one. Read carefully and what you will find at the end is that the process works. You do not need to do everything in 5 mins.

In all honesty, there is not one of us here that started off knowing half what we know now. You can only learn and understand by doing.
Steve
tl2450

Post by tl2450 »

You're right Steve. My problem is patience, I want it now. I've been building scale model airplanes since I was 6, I mean detailed models. To this day I still practice what my grandpa taught me; be patient! When it comes to this for some reason it's a constant battle. Thanks for the advise, I'll give it a shot.

I do however have a question; as I've mentioned I have Whidbey, Atsugi, Beaufort, Lemoore and now Oceana on my pc. Can I just add the AI traffic to all of those or do I need to start over?

Thanks again,

Tom
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Tom, another former Navy guy here and still huge Naval Aviation fan. Download the Whidbey and Lemoore packs, along with the Reserve Hornets and VFA-106. Then head over to Flightsim.com and search for "Haase", you'll find his Ocean Hornets pack and many other USN/USMC repaints for the NBAI Hornets. You will need one of the other packages, preferably the Lemoore pack, to have all F-18A-F models. The MAIW gents have been very kind to the USN and USMC AI in the sim. Remember to search on here as well, someone has probably already done the FSX modifications to the FS9 built airfields for your AI to use.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
tl2450

Post by tl2450 »

Victory103 wrote:Tom, another former Navy guy here and still huge Naval Aviation fan. Download the Whidbey and Lemoore packs, along with the Reserve Hornets and VFA-106. Then head over to Flightsim.com and search for "Haase", you'll find his Ocean Hornets pack and many other USN/USMC repaints for the NBAI Hornets. You will need one of the other packages, preferably the Lemoore pack, to have all F-18A-F models. The MAIW gents have been very kind to the USN and USMC AI in the sim. Remember to search on here as well, someone has probably already done the FSX modifications to the FS9 built airfields for your AI to use.
Roger that shipmate! Thanks for the gouge man, if you come across any that YOU like send them (links) my way, I'd really appreciate it. I know I have the Reserve Hornets and VFA-106 saved and I have Whidbey & Lemoore active just not the AI traffic uploaded yet. How about Atsugi? I have Atsugi up and running minus the AI of course but I'd really like to at least see some of CVW-5 on the ramp, I have a buddy who is a WSO in VFA-102. Thanks again for all the help and suggestions.

- Tom
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Atsugi is great, there are some non-MAIW JMSDF P-3's paint and ready to go in as well. The CAG-5 in the package is now of course outdated with -192 at Lemoore and -195 now flying Supers. I moved VAQ-141 over as well from Whidbey to mirror real world. Use the map or list on Owl's page to find them, check Mark's repaint site for some USN flavored AI.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Gents, just a quick update to NAWS China Lake (KNID). I fired up the chainsaw and got rid of the brush. I'm still going to go back in and check some of the elevation issues with the perimeter road, but for the most part the runways/ramps are fine.

BACK UP all originals in the MAIW NAWS China Lake/scenery folder, then place the 2 bgl files inside the scenery folder. I only added the exclusion polygon from the latest version of ADEX.
Attachments
KNID_ADEX_CW_CVX.bgl
(397 Bytes) Downloaded 60 times
KNID_ADEX_CW.BGL
(31.96 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Post by dk1213 »

Do i need to delete the MAIW_AF2_KNID_Custom.bgl file or just add yours to it?
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Save that file in case you dislike mine. Anything original you need to make at least a copy. I keep most in a "spares" folder.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Post by dk1213 »

No yours are all good, real nice to finally have a bush free KNID
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

Victory103 wrote: 02 Aug 2013, 20:41 Gents, just a quick update to NAWS China Lake (KNID). I fired up the chainsaw and got rid of the brush. I'm still going to go back in and check some of the elevation issues with the perimeter road, but for the most part the runways/ramps are fine.

BACK UP all originals in the MAIW NAWS China Lake/scenery folder, then place the 2 bgl files inside the scenery folder. I only added the exclusion polygon from the latest version of ADEX.
Hi,

I use FSX but lot of trees

http://www.kepfeltoltes.eu/view.php?fil ... _8_21_.jpg

I copy the MAIW NAWS China Lake (KNID) folder the new files but not fixed

Any idea?

Thank you,
Zsolt