The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

HH-101 CAESAR Italian Air Force

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
Andrea88_italy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

HH-101 CAESAR Italian Air Force

Post by Andrea88_italy »

hi, can I suggest the creation of the new HH101 CAESAR of the Italian Air Force?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: HH-101 CAESAR Italian Air Force

Post by Greg »

Hi Andrea, welcome to MAIW!

Crafting a new AI model is quite a complicated process and few developers have the required skills. So we wouldn't want to scare them off with requests, but some devs are open to suggestions. The only thing you can do now is cross you fingers and wait patiently. ;)
Andrea88_italy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Andrea88_italy »

hopefully well and cross my fingers :)
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

Ciao Andrea, benvenuto a bordo!!!
The HH-101 is on top of my wish-list since long time. It would be a great companion for the JYAI AW-139 at Cervia.
Aerogator produced for FS9, the AW 101 for RAF and Royal Navy. Long time ago he said that also the Italian models was ready for released, but this never happened.
More over, the AW-101 is in service in many countries.
That could be a good starting point also for the Caesar.
We can only hope that someone will take care of this wonderful machine or, we can start learning how to model!!! :lol:

Ciao, GIorgio
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

hopefully one day! so many different versions in service now. Who ever makes a ai version, I have plenty of info & pics!
Dave
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've just started the S-92A. That's either a good thing because the shape is fairly similar and might be adapted, or it's a bad thing because I may not want to do it all again, particularly if there are indeed many versions.

John
france
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by france »

And the Navy version, please.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

I did the ASW Merlin for the Royal Navy the RAF troop carrying version is now in service with the RN and have undergone RN conversion. How similar is the AW 101 to a Merlin
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Wi
VulcanDriver wrote: 03 May 2020, 10:08 I did the ASW Merlin for the Royal Navy the RAF troop carrying version is now in service with the RN and have undergone RN conversion. How similar is the AW 101 to a Merlin
Hello

Will these new versions also available for FS9 ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Andrea88_italy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Andrea88_italy »

bismarck wrote: 02 May 2020, 14:34 Ciao Andrea, benvenuto a bordo!!!
The HH-101 is on top of my wish-list since long time. It would be a great companion for the JYAI AW-139 at Cervia.
Aerogator produced for FS9, the AW 101 for RAF and Royal Navy. Long time ago he said that also the Italian models was ready for released, but this never happened.
More over, the AW-101 is in service in many countries.
That could be a good starting point also for the Caesar.
We can only hope that someone will take care of this wonderful machine or, we can start learning how to model!!! :lol:

Ciao, GIorgio
Ciao Giorgio, the difference between the base 101 and the caerar version of the Italian Air Force lies in the shape of the muzzle with the radome and the number of windows on the two sides of the nacelle.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

TheFoufure wrote: 03 May 2020, 10:57 Wi
VulcanDriver wrote: 03 May 2020, 10:08 I did the ASW Merlin for the Royal Navy the RAF troop carrying version is now in service with the RN and have undergone RN conversion. How similar is the AW 101 to a Merlin
Hello

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Ther ASW Merlin is avaialble in the Culdrose package available from the download hanger.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

VulcanDriver wrote: 03 May 2020, 23:01
TheFoufure wrote: 03 May 2020, 10:57 Wi
Hello

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Ther ASW Merlin is avaialble in the Culdrose package available from the download hanger.
Hello,

Yes of course. I already have it since some times. But I'm talkig abour the hypothetic futures version, like Italian one ;-)
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I have no plans at present to build an HH-101 Caesar. I don't know if anyone else has.

John
Andrea88_italy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Andrea88_italy »

perhaps you have already seen this video

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Looks very similar to the RN junglie but with refuelling boom and radomes.
John

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

John Young wrote: 04 May 2020, 07:34 I have no plans at present to build an HH-101 Caesar. I don't know if anyone else has.

John
As I have the various parts of the Merlin in a library of parts I may take a look. I'll have to get the Junglie finished first.
John

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

I have an Itallian Navy version on my HDD plus the RN HC3. Seeing as we are in lockdown this might be the time to finish them.
John

bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Hi John, in addition to the italian Navy model, you may also find the serials I sent you a couple of time. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Seriously, I really hope you can finish it. There's a good site with lot of photo.

Giorgio
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

bismarck wrote: 05 May 2020, 19:14 Hi John, in addition to the italian Navy model, you may also find the serials I sent you a couple of time. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Seriously, I really hope you can finish it. There's a good site with lot of photo.

Giorgio
Thanks Giorgio I'll check to see if I still have the serials, if not I'll get back in touch.
John

Andrea88_italy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Andrea88_italy »