The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

New Helicopter AI System from AIGTech

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Kaiii3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

New Helicopter AI System from AIGTech

Post by Kaiii3 »

Hey guys,

first of all thanks to John for allowing me to modify his EC145/H145 SImObject to make it work witht he latest AIGTech Software :)

Some of you might already know that AIGTech is currently working on a new kind of AI Traffic Controller that will allow far more complex AI operations then BGL based AI Traffic. Today I am pround to show you the current state of our new Helicopter AI System.

https://www.alpha-india.net/2020/05/28/ ... s-preview/

As said the SimObject shown in the video is based on JYAI H145, the FDE has been fully reworked and is based on a TurbineHelo-FDE. Only SimObjects using a helo-FDE (according to the SDK) will be working with the new Software. So far we only are using the H145 for testing, but the next step will be to get an helicopter with wheels working, so we can test the taxiin/out onGround procedure.
The default animations of the EC145/H145 for taxi and liftoff have been removed. So no flightoperation you see in the video is based on an animation from the MDL.
asdro
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: New Helicopter AI System from AIGTech

Post by asdro »

Is this possible also in FS9?

I red a few times that technically it is possible to add hover effect over certain Helicoptet spots in the Afcad.
I think UTT made a helicopter with hoover effect.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

This is game changing for AI helos, many applications outside of MAIW and it's military focus, as shown EMC and fire fighting. The only small problem is all the good models have the built-in animations (JYAI,NBAI).
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

asdro wrote: 29 May 2020, 11:00 Is this possible also in FS9?

I red a few times that technically it is possible to add hover effect over certain Helicoptet spots in the Afcad.
AIG dropped official support for FS9 a while back...
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

For FS9 and FSX (not FSX-SE) you can buy Helitraffic 2009
https://www.flight1.com/products.asp?pr ... elitraffic

Gavin
Kaiii3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Kaiii3 »

AIGTC will be developed for P3Dv4+ only, there are actual some Bug left in P3Dv4 that will limit the possibilities of Helicopter AI in v4. The whole Helicopter AI system used in AIGTC is working without any AFD file of an Airports, since it is running with its own "Airport files".
Victory103 wrote: 29 May 2020, 18:27 This is game changing for AI helos, many applications outside of MAIW and it's military focus, as shown EMC and fire fighting. The only small problem is all the good models have the built-in animations (JYAI,NBAI).
I have already talked to John on how to modify the Models, which is actual not that hard, the biggest aprt is to wework all "airplane"-based FDE files.
Jon wrote: 29 May 2020, 20:20

AIG dropped official support for FS9 a while back...
Out flightplans are still in FS9 format, we just dropped FS9 Support in AIM, since it way to complicated to maintain such a complex tool for 4 different plattforms (FS9, FSX, P3D1-3, P3Dv4-5).... We decided to drop FS9 support based on results of our yearly poll about what Sim are beeing used in our forum.