The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Eurofighter Typhoon

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Post by Firebird »

John,
The scenery that I am using for Lossie in FS9 is the one that Dale released in 2011, raflossie.zip on Fltsim.com.
If there is a more up to date rendering of the base then I would like to know of one.

I am guessing that if nothing else comes up that he would have no objections to that being used or modded for current use.
Steve
asdro
Major
Major

Post by asdro »

I like the Teamwork attitude.
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

I can't find the raflossie zip file on flight sim.com
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Search for file name

Enter: raflossie.zip

It is there.
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

raflossie.zip still can't find it on flight sim.com but it was in the forum bit but no link
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by tango234 »

ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

Thank Pale
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Many thanks for the link to the Lossimouth scenery. Delighted to see that it's by MAIW. I spent 20 minutes this morning trying to get into the UKMIL site to look for that version, having once been a regular contributing member, but failed.

The MAIW scenery works fine in FS9 and FSX, but in P3Dv4 no objects show. I tried to run the .bgl files through MCX but no files could be loaded. Could somebody confirm that conversion for P3D is not possible please? There is a fall back option that would involve me placing my own objects (HAS's, tower, C-types hangarsand some trees etc). That wouldn't take long to do. Just wanted to know which way we can do it, before I ask MAIW for permission to do so. That's assuming there's no other Lossimouth scenery for P3D of course.

John
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

There is also scenery for RAF Coningsby. Ian McCartney made it ands it worked in FS9, FSX and P3D v4 (you have to turn off dynamic lighting for it to work correct in P3D v4). I didn't try it in P3D v5 to see if it works in that version.

It is here it the MAIW library.

PS: There may be a different version for FS9. I remember having that scenery in FS9, but I don't remember if it was the one in the MAIW library.
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

here the typhoons better then the other ones on military ai works they look better in the screenshots and will you be able to read the numbers because the old one I think in raf Coningsby 2013 you could not see the badge and the numbers
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

For Lossiemouth, I'm using Orbx_EU_Scotland in P3Dv4.5 (plus Scotflight_for_Orbyx, but with static Typhoons disabled). Nice though resource heavy.

I tried including the helicopter add-on EGQ1, but it doesn't fit. I don't remember, but guess it was for the UKmil version.
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

The MAIW scenery works fine in FS9 and FSX, but in P3Dv4 no objects show. I tried to run the .bgl files through MCX but no files could be loaded. Could somebody confirm that conversion for P3D is not possible please? There is a fall back option that would involve me placing my own objects (HAS's, tower, C-types hangarsand some trees etc). That wouldn't take long to do. Just wanted to know which way we can do it, before I ask MAIW for permission to do so. That's assuming there's no other Lossimouth scenery for P3D of course.
I just loaded the afcad up in ADE and imported the placement bgls-it looks like it is mostly only calling on objects from the MAIW object libraries with the exception of the base sign, and a few other things. I'm not sure where the bomb dump objects came from-I don't have that library installed. There are some non-MAIW vehicles objects as well I think. Certainly nothing bespoke, other than the sign.

I haven't yet tried it in my copy of P3Dv4, but I suspect that my now-converted copy (the multiple placement files now merged into one via ADE) would work fine once things like landclass, flattens and excludes were sorted out.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

That's very useful to know, thank you. We might be better going down that route. I've tried a search of "Lossimouth", "Ian McCartney" and "Rocket26" in the Download library and also "Lossimouth" at flightsim.com and Avsim, but with no result. I don't have OrbX and many other users won't have either, so I have to rule that one out for testing. I have though found the UKMIL Lossimouth at Flyaway Simulation, but I'll hold that in reserve.

Are you able to go one step further and test your converted MAIW version in P3D please? Alternatively, if you want to get the converted files to me, I'll gladly do that.

John
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

No problem, I'll see what I can do.
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

is they going to been the flakland islands typhoons 1435flt
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'll paint the aircraft but I'm not going to set them up in scenery for the 3 sim versions if it exists for all 3 that is. Would you care to help with any of that?

John
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

I am Not very good and delevpom stuff like that I have leaning diffults so you say it will be in all 3 sims or not
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

He said yes.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

If anyone needs the UKMIl FSX Lossiemouth, I have it. I'm just looking at the Orbx Scotland version now. It's ok, but kind of unfinished. It should be fairly straightforward to create an addon 'OBJ' file that uses the MAIW libraries to improve it somewhat. As no modification of the Orbx product would be required, it should be distributable.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think that the key thing here is that the scenery, for whatever version, is freeware and preferably distributable. If not then at least there is a link that can be accessed via documentation.

We couldn't say that the scenery we decide on is the best, just freely accessible to all. This is why Orbx and UKMil stuff can't be used. No other reason. It therefore goes w/o saying that if there are any Orbx or UKMil stuff that is not restricted by cost or access can be a candidate.
Steve