The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Gmax Material Navigator

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
jgowing
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Gmax Material Navigator

Post by jgowing »

I cannot open the Gmax material navigator, either from the top menu, using the M key, or from the materials editor. I have seen some discussion of this on other sites, but without a clear or satisfactory solution. Has anyone here experienced this problem? I am using Windows 10, but I have had that operating system for a while, and I've certainly used the material navigator since then, if infrequently.

Jon G
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Gmax Material Navigator

Post by John Young »

I'm on Windows 10 1909 Jon and my Materials Editor is working fine. In fact I can't remember ever having lost its function, even through a long history of Windows 7. Because of that I can't immediately come up with a solution. However, it might be worth backing up your Gmax.ini file and deleting the original. Gmax will then build a new one. You can find it in your Gmax root folder. I'm doubtful though because the .ini file makes no mention of the Materials editor.

John
jgowing
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by jgowing »

It seems it was the ini file, but which? Turns out I had two, one in the Gmax root folder, which included editor parameters, and one the gamepacks/FS2004 folder. I backed up both, and now the Navigator is working.

Jon G
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Glad that worked Jon and you are back in business.

John