The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Eurofighter Typhoon

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Post by tango234 »

Right, the Lossie scenery seems to be working fine in P3D, albeit with a quick airport background I laid down. John, I'll see about sending the files over to you along with the ADE project file.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Well done and thank you for doing that. Let me know if you need my e-mail address to send me the files. My thanks also to Giorgio who has sent me a wonderful spreadsheet and photos with all the relevant information about the Italian Typhoons.

I'm beavering away making the LODs before doing the FSX/P3D models. My intention is to get all the international modelling done first before I start to paint the RAF aircraft. That would then enable all the painters who would like to participate to work in parallel.

John
ado4567
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by ado4567 »

so is the germany ones and spainsh ones getting done at the same time has the raf and Italian ones
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Don't know yet, we don't have all aspects covered. I'll ask around again once I can offer painters the right models.
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

thought i was doing GAF and SpAF ? waiting for you John no rush but .......... :smt024 :smt023

ado4567 why dont you just sit back and relax, they will be done when they're done.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Ray, absolutely fine for Germany and Spain. The complication in ado's question was the RAF and Italian ones. Giorgio is pulling together all the information for the Italian Typhoons and will help set them up, but he is not a painter. So at the moment my intention is to paint the Italian Typhoons myself to enable Giorgio to progress and then do the RAF ones for me to set up after that, So at the moment the answer to ado's question is "no", but if someone would like to take on the Italian ones, then it becomes "yes". I agree, ado, please, please, relax, I said from the outset that it's a big project and I can't work any harder than this.

The FS9 LODs are now done for the FGR4 and I'll be starting LOD2 on the T3 after this message. I'll then convert both aircraft for FSX and P3D to provide the clean aircraft for all 3 sim versions. Once I'm sure about the load-out options, I can then generate the individual country packs of models. It's these that I want to get to the painters soonest along with a base paint kit. I'm hoping about a week to do that, other MAIW support work and real life permitting of course.

John
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

Thanks Tim & Steve for your Orbx explanations.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Had a muck around with Lossie today. I gave up with the Orbx one; it was straightforward to modify the parking, but it just looks rubbish! I started from the stock airfield, rebuilt it in the right place and started populating it with MAIW library objects - and a quickly-knocked-up P-8 hangar.

By gum, it's busy! I have 66 parking spots and they're all full! John, I noticed that some of Nick's models deploy the airbrake and brake chute on landing - then do a touch and go. Definitely not prototypical, and likely to end up with the aircraft in the barrier!

Does anyone know which sqn has which parking area these days?

ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

1 Squdroan that is right they are near the runaway 6 squadron is near 1 squadron 9 and 2 squadron are opersit 1 and 6 squadron and the picture one is for visting aircraft such has hawks and the bigger aircraft just park on the cross runaway between 6 squadron and 2-9 squadron are were can I get the p8 posiden for flight sim 2004 and is Coningsby jet getting made up at the same time has the lossie jets
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

ado I will do the P-8 for FS9 for you later today (Saturday).

https://rayparkerrepaints.weebly.com/downloads.html
Last edited by f4nutter on 20 Jun 2020, 08:30, edited 1 time in total.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

ado4567 wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 22:11 1 Squdroan that is right they are near the runaway 6 squadron is near 1 squadron 9 and 2 squadron are opersit 1 and 6 squadron and the picture one is for visting aircraft such has hawks and the bigger aircraft just park on the cross runaway between 6 squadron and 2-9 squadron are were can I get the p8 posiden for flight sim 2004 and is Coningsby jet getting made up at the same time has the lossie jets
It's not very clear. Can you you use ponctuation please ?
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Tim, yes indeed Nick did animate the air brake as you have discovered, which just added to the puzzle. He also has the flaperons down for landing which is not normal. Steve tells me it was his first model, so all credit to him for something as tricky as the Typhoon and with only 5000 or so polygons - I have 8623 in the standard FGR4.

With regard to Lossimouth, I had decided to use the the Dale/MAIW version that's at flightsim.com. It looks good, has the technical/domestic sites in it and works well in FS9 and FSX. Tom has kindly done a conversion for P3D, which also now works well.

I can't tell though whether it's in the right place because I don't have OrbX to compare it with. It doesn't have the P8 hangar of course. I wonder, if I send you the P3D version, could you check the positon for me please? Is it also possible that you could generate the P8 hangar as a separate .bgl and add it to the Dale/MAIW version please and see if it works. Then tell me which version you prefer.

Ado, I understand writing is not easy for you and thank you for the information. Good to see you contributing rather than just asking. Yes I'll be painting and setting up the Coningsby typhoons as well as the Lossimouth ones.

John
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Hi John. Yes, no problem. I should have looked at the Dale/MAIW version before I got sidetracked into modifying the stock airport. It was only a few tens of meters out, not really anything significant.

The P-8 hangar doesn’t bear close scrutiny! There’s landscaping around the north side which would make it a fairly major project (for me, at least) to get accurate - that side of Lossiemouth is quite hilly IRL, so they’ve inset the hangar into the ground. And, of course, the complex is a long way from being finished yet, so what I’ve done is somewhat speculative and based on Google Earth and a some contractor’s photos. But it’s better than nothing, and I’ll see what I can make of it on Dale’s airport.

Ado4567, thanks for the info. If I understand you correctly, 1 Sqn is on the north ramp next to the hangars, 6 Sqn on the south ramp, 9 is in the north HAS site (west side of the field next to the old 8 Sqn hangars), and 2 Sqn on the south HAS site, next to the old 202 Sqn SAR helo site. I appreciate it’s hard for you to write stuff, so thanks for trying.
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

9and 2 squadron on the south has that was were 617 squadron whinch looks over runaway 28 and 6 squadron and 1 squadron are were are near were it is called vass. 15 squadron and the vising aircraft are the oppsited side from were one squadron are and 6 squadron are next to the control tower which is oppsite the taxi way from runaway 23 and the cross runaway 28
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

if that makes a bit more sence
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

@Tim, on the scenery I've converted/modified for the package, the north area is completely flat (without any cliff edges along the northern background border even after I extended it to match the fence line). As such, we could probably very easily slot your P-8 hangar in on the surface. It might be better doing that than modelling 3D earthworks around it to represent it being dug in, but that is up to you.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Yes, no problem. John has the building now, with a quickly-modded AFCAD to include its ramp and the huge approach taxiway. I’ll see if I can do something to represent the earthworks without needing to modify the terrain.

Many years ago I used to wander round that part of the airfield and up round the L-type hangars to the far north-west. It was a bit of a lost world then, with lots and lots of ex-849 Sqn AEW Gannets and other retired Navy aircraft just rusting away. It’s certainly changed since then!
GuentAir
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by GuentAir »

Firebird wrote:
miljan wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 15:42 http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/2017/ ... r.html?m=1

Here I found some useful infos regarding colors.
As for Austrians , count on one armed as QRA and one pylons only model( and pylons only for AA missile close to the end ) . That will do the trick.
What I found with the Austrian birds is that there is no GA capability at all and neither is there any BVR capability due to them having no BVR missiles rather than different systems. They use the IRIS-T, along with the Germans, Italians, Spanish and Saudis. This leaves the UK, Kuwait, Oman and Qatar carrying other IR missiles.
Maybe you‘ll find some usefull pics here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2522024 ... ?ref=share

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Guenter Reisner

miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

Thank you Guenter, certainly I will.
VIVA LA VIDA
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Does anyone happen to know of a suitable scenery object for the grass covered structures in the bomb dump in the southeast corner of Lossie? There is an aircraft shelter object that is about the right shape and size, but its covered in dirt rather than grass so doesn't fit in the context too well.

EDIT-never mind, I think I found what I was looking for in the Comox object library.