The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Eurofighter Typhoon

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Post by John Young »

Tom, try and avoid using objects from a variety of third party libraries outside of the MAIW generic ones. It's a pain for users to have to find them and install them.

I have lots of weapons site objects that I made for airfields like Marham and Bentwaters. The frame rate friendly way of making whole sites is to do just that in one object, with all the elements attached together and the common texture vertices welded:

I could though extract a collection of singleton models that you could place with ADE as scenery objects. That way, you won't need to worry about libraries. Tim might find those useful also.

John
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by tango234 »

I'm limiting myself to the libraries that came with matrix (and being sparing with what I do place-no fire extinguishers for example) on the basis that those are what most people will have, either via that or because they are the main ones. If you want to provide a few specific ones though that would be great.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

In that case Tom, I'll leave it as is. I've enough to do with the Typhoons at the moment.

John
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Alright, no problem then.
rocket_26_
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by rocket_26_ »

I cant believe I have only just spotted this. The model looks terrific as always John.

Funny as I have been updating my Coningsby scenery for P3D the last couple of months. In fact I actually have been there photographing various bits which have been added since I last went.

Does anyone know how many Typhoons 3 and 11 Squadron have each now? They mainly operate out of the mini ramps in the HAS sites rather than from the HAS them selves apart from QRA. I need to work out how many HAS I need open. 11 have 5 ramps spots and 3 SQ have 4 spots. The rest will have to go on the HAS turning pads.

Cheers

Ian
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Ian. I'll PM you the spreadsheet of serial numbers in the morning.

John
Jobza Guddun
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Jobza Guddun »

rocket_26_ wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 19:36 Does anyone know how many Typhoons 3 and 11 Squadron have each now? They mainly operate out of the mini ramps in the HAS sites rather than from the HAS them selves apart from QRA. I need to work out how many HAS I need open. 11 have 5 ramps spots and 3 SQ have 4 spots. The rest will have to go on the HAS turning pads.

Cheers

Ian
The reality is normally around 10-12 on site, but the aircraft roll around Sqns quite frequently; when they deploy a shuffle often takes place so it's really not that easy to keep up! Gives an idea why the Sqn markings have all but disappeared.
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

is the bae systems typhoons at warton getting done to or not if they were I could give you the serial numbers for them
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

John Young wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 13:55 Tom, try and avoid using objects from a variety of third party libraries outside of the MAIW generic ones. It's a pain for users to have to find them and install them.

I have lots of weapons site objects that I made for airfields like Marham and Bentwaters. The frame rate friendly way of making whole sites is to do just that in one object, with all the elements attached together and the common texture vertices welded:

I could though extract a collection of singleton models that you could place with ADE as scenery objects. That way, you won't need to worry about libraries. Tim might find those useful also.

John
John
Any of those itemes as individual objects will be useful for all platforms

Cheers

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'm sure they will Gary, but not at the moment. I'm stuffed full of Typhoons at the moment.

John
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

John, no need to worry about doing this on my account. I'm enjoying making my own - though I still have to master anything to do with textures! I have a new version of the P-8 hangar nearly ready to go, with the raised car park, main entrance, and some of the bund represented. As the real thing is a work in progress, it'll no doubt need modifying again in due course.
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

are they going to be the p8 posiden going to be they
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

No ado, what I am producing are Typhoon packages for several countries. I'm not venturing into "mission creep" to provide any other aircraft that might frequent the airfields used in them. That's not to say there won't be an RAF Poseidon package from someone, but at the moment I'm concentrating on the Typhoons. Lots of them.

John
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

ok
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

ado4567 wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 11:18 are they going to be the p8 posiden going to be they
Ado, I'm doing the hangar as part of Lossiemouth, which is of course very important in the UK Typhoon picture. John's P-8A Poseidon plus RAF repaints and flight plans have already been made and are in the Download Hangar.
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

what is the download code
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

it is not called raf typhoons 2020 is it
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Search RAF Poseidon. It will be the top result.
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

is they a p8 poisden for flight sim 2004
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin