The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Lakenheath 48th FW package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
sky hag
Cadet
Cadet

Mike and Dan Thare ALIVE

Post by sky hag »

Got it:

it works now they taxi, and fly it was not egul it was the EGUL
I removed the case EGUL my winzip wase putting the scenery in the addon
scenery and not the scenery/world/scenery i could not access the files through fs9 or fx in library so i went back and drag n drop in fs9
and then re start fs9 then it let me access lidrary to add area .

thank you guy's grate work :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

All is well. No afcad files I can tweak for the Alphasim set, so I will just leave both loaded and enable based on what I want to see. However having said that, both scenery sets are about on a par with an edge to the MAIW set. They also will not overlap as the coordinates are just different enough to require a major overhaul to merge. So---- I enable Alphasim for F-111 statics and MAIW for the great F-15 traffic. I have 'visitors' also A-10s, KC-135, Eurofighter, and F-16s. Well done set!! I took some screenshots and will post them later.
GZR_SACTARGETS
Holy Cheese
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Holy Cheese »

Amazing job guys! I've just managed to install the package into FSX after a bit of experimentation, and it looks fantastic.

The Eagles look superb, the scenery works fine, and I was able to convert the AFCAD - only problem I have is FSX putting a chain fence in which cuts across the taxiways in a couple of places - but a bit more experimentation will soon have that out :) I'm sure there'll be other aspects that won't work 100% in FSX, but overall the result is very good!

Now to start trying to put the other packages in!

Cheers
Jack
Seagull
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Seagull »

Thanks Stewart, I am not at all familiar with the workings of Afcads etc. I will try it.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Seagull wrote:Thanks Stewart, I am not at all familiar with the workings of Afcads etc. I will try it.
Hi mate,

Open the Andrewsfield afcad, then select lists from the top menu and comm frequencies from the drop down menu.

You'll then get a complete list of the airfield frequencies. Highlight the ATIS and then click properties and change it. Only needs a small change (ie if the freq is 123.45 change it to 123.46)

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

Holy Cheese wrote:Amazing job guys! I've just managed to install the package into FSX after a bit of experimentation, and it looks fantastic.

The Eagles look superb, the scenery works fine, and I was able to convert the AFCAD - only problem I have is FSX putting a chain fence in which cuts across the taxiways in a couple of places - but a bit more experimentation will soon have that out :) I'm sure there'll be other aspects that won't work 100% in FSX, but overall the result is very good!

Now to start trying to put the other packages in!

Cheers
Jack
Jack,

I've also got this package working in FSX and I have to agree, it's a fantastic job.

The fences are meant to be across the taxiways, they're there in real life. If you look closely I think you'll find that they don't actually cut right across, there's a convenient F-15 sized gap there! :D

The only problem I've come across so far is a large dip on the north western side of the airfield where the ammo dumps are. I'm sure this is just a FSX issue and a suitable flatten file will sort it out.

I had some problems converting the AFCAD but it's fully sorted now, I even have the fuel trucks turning up when needed.

Thanks again to the MAIW team for a superb package. :smt038
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Holy Cheese
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Holy Cheese »

Hi Celtic,

no, it's not those fences with the gap in them, I realised they were part of the scenery. But FSX can put a boundary fence in too, that's what has happened in my case, but these can be removed in FSX Planner. I've got the FS Genesis mesh files installed, and am not seeing any dips.

I just put in the Coningsby package, that too is brilliant. Just modified the LCRA AFCAD to work in FSX, and am currently watching a brace of Typhoons on their way from LCRA to LCLK. Brilliant stuff! :D

Cheers
Jack
rocket_26_
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by rocket_26_ »

Everyone

You can get UK2000 Mildenhall scenery to work with my Lakenheath scenery as I have just found out myself:

1: Remove all EGUL Uk2000 files (any bgl file that starts with egul)
2: Remove the egunexc.bgl file (this is what was excluding the LN taxiways/runways)
3: Place this exclude in your MAIW Lakenheath scenery folder to remove any default buildings etc at EGUN

Thats should give you both bases!

Cheers

Ian
Attachments
egunexclude.BGL
(112 Bytes) Downloaded 157 times
Awol
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Awol »

I was all set to just install the FPs and aircraft, and keep my UK2000 scenery. Silly me. I should have known this would be a keeper. Thanks and kudos to all. :D
Seagull
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Seagull »

Stewart thanks very much, problem now solved all up and running well.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Seagull wrote:Stewart thanks very much, problem now solved all up and running well.
No worries, glad to be of assistance.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Vbomber
Cadet
Cadet

Lakenheath questions

Post by Vbomber »

Hi, my first post on here so back to basics when you reply please.

OK here goes i,ve reformatted my hard drive and put on a fresh install of fs2004 along with the update . The first add on i,ve put on is the Lakenheath package and installed it as per the read me file(step 1 ).

Step 2 it says remove duplicate afcad files, as i have a fresh install there are no other previously installed AFCADS for EGUL so is there anything i should be doing here? i have no AF2_EGUL.bgl in my add on scenery folder .

I have activated the scenery in fs9 and i see the airfield along with the hangers and static F15,s with red covers on the intakes but i am not getting any aircraft movements.? , traffic is 90% in settings.

I have not yet installed voicepack3 does this affect not seeing aircraft moving.?

How often are there aircraft movements and is there a certain time that i could enter so i can check when i do get it working that all is well.

I hope i have given as much info that you would need to be able to help me.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks Vbomber :wink:
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Voice Pack has no effect on the traffic, just on ATC voice callout to the aircraft. If you don't install the updates you will just have generic callouts instead of custom callsigns.

If all else is working as you state, I am sure there is traffic to be seen, you are just looking at the wrong times. I think 75% is sufficient to see all traffic at this base. There is likely no/very little traffic on weekends. To determine the times when a/c fly, download traffic tools from avsim.net. Make a copy of the traffic file for this airbase found in Scenery/World/scenery called Traffic_48th FW RAF Lakenheath and paste it into a temporary folder elsewhere on your hard disk. In the file dropdown in traffic tools point to this temporary copy by setting both User Defined Source Folder and User Defined Traffic Folder to this temporary folder, then highlight the traffic file and click the Decompile button. This will give you three .txt files witht the flightplans file being the one you will be most interested in, as it lists all flight, including t/o times, arrival times and destination airports. You will be able to choose what times to do your viewing to see the traffic with this. Please don't recompile these txt files as it will likely induce small errors into the new traffic bgl. It is only a copy anyway, and unneeded now. To help understand the flight plans you may need to read the user file for traffic tools.

Ron

Edit: Had a low blood sugar event, got confused and started off on Coningsby, but have edited to reflect Lakenheath. So very sorry about that.
ugo1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ugo1 »

Hi

Are 98-0134 and 83-0018 flight missing?

Thanks

Ugo
Vbomber
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Vbomber »

Hi many thanks for the replys.

I was reading far too deep in to it,the fix was very simple and i,ll share it for any other newcomers.

I had it set to Saturday hence no movements, weekdays and all is well.

Great scenery and models and flightplans well done to all involved thanks for
taking the time and effort. Keep up the good work.

Cheers Vbomber<<< hint! :wink: :wink:
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Remember guys...we tend to flightplan as realistically as possible. Hence, very few 4hr, 6hr, etc flights...these will mostly be WEEK flightplans. Active duty units will fly during the week and reserve/guard units on the weekends.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by 6192 »

hi

i have just installed the lakenheath package and found i have no runways of taxiways, i previously had the uk2000 lakenheath scenery installed and have deleted all the scenery files for that scenery any ideas?

cheers

Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Look a few entries up and you will see the following from Ian...

That should help you out.

You can get UK2000 Mildenhall scenery to work with my Lakenheath scenery as I have just found out myself:

1: Remove all EGUL Uk2000 files (any bgl file that starts with egul)
2: Remove the egunexc.bgl file (this is what was excluding the LN taxiways/runways)
3: Place this exclude in your MAIW Lakenheath scenery folder to remove any default buildings etc at EGUN

Thats should give you both bases!

Cheers

Ian

egunexclude.BGL
Description:

Download
Filename: egunexclude.BGL
Filesize: 112 Bytes
Downloaded: 21 Time(s)
Sidcroc
Cadet
Cadet

RAF Lakenheath 48th FW package by MAIW

Post by Sidcroc »

Guys just like to add to all the previous posts in saying a big Thank you for your work on this scenery its fantastic.
Have only just found your site by accident but I am thoroughly enjoying it.
Still cant get the voicepack to work properly I think its a registry issue but otherwise its fantastic.
Would love to see a similar package for valley, and would it be possible to include in that some scenaries for low flying ie the loop and bwlch.
Thanks once again! :D
If it aint broke dont fix it!
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Sidroc,
I had a similar problem with EditVoicepack when I first tried to install it. I tried numerous times, including installing, uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft.net framework. It eventually worked but Ive no-clue why.

Make sure you have the microsoft.net framework installed and try again mate.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"