The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Eurofighter Typhoon

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Post by petebramley »

I have ETNL & ETNN by Gvb and ETNT & ETSN by MB both in FS9 format. I can convert all to P3Dv4 if allowed\needed.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

I have German_Airforce_Bases_Part_1.zip from Klaus Nowak made for P3Dv4, May 2020, but I cannot work out where I got it from!

It includes ETNT (also ETNW & ETNJ) and requires MAIW library objects.
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

gvbeek
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by gvbeek »

petebramley wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 09:53 I have ETNL & ETNN by Gvb and ETNT & ETSN by MB both in FS9 format. I can convert all to P3Dv4 if allowed\needed.

If required I've also ETSI.
- Gert van B.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Is that unreleased so far, or did I miss it?
Steve
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

I have not seen it either. Currently using an FSX version by Uwe Steenweg which I have converted to P3Dv4 for personal use.

Gert has given me permission to convert ETNL & ETNN to P3Dv4 and I have started on them this evening.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

For the P3D'rs, there' also this brilliant piece of freeware - https://simmershome.de/rostock-lage-airport/ Don't know what the parking's like as there's some statics that can be easily turned off. Free site registration is required
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Jim wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 10:16 Found it...
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... ses-Part-1
I downloaded those a month or so ago. I seem to have the HAS's stuck on a winter texture but, that aside they're ok.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I think I'll explore this a couple of steps at a time so I don't get overwhelmed with multiple sceneries for 3 sim versions. I'll start with Gert's ETNL & ETNN for FS9 if someone could post the link(s) for me please?

Once I have those two bases set up I'll then see how these work in FSX. Pete has already kindly sent me the conversion of ETNL for P3D so I'll check that too.

John
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

Some good news appeared on Scramble page regarding Austrian EF-2000, the fleet will be retained.
VIVA LA VIDA
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

So it has taken them about 3 years to realise that to replace them with something else will cost more money. What can you say?
Steve
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

How about "You don't say!" (in German). I'm not surprised they came to that conclusion to be honest.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Glad to hear that.

Going well at the moment.

I now have 25 model variations x 2 for use in FS9, FSX/P3D. That should be enough for the UK, Germany, Italy and Austria.

The German scenery is good in all 3 sim versions, thanks to Gert and Menno and also to Pete who converted them, with permission, for P3D. Ray is busy painting the Luftwaffe Typhoons and Miljan is painting the Austrians. I'll let them share what they are doing when they are ready. In the meantime, I'm taking a brush to the Italians with advice from Giorgio. Here's the progress so far:

Some of those special schemes may have just expired, but I wanted to paint a bit of colour. I'll also provide plain liveries for those aircraft as an alternative now, or for the future.

There's a lot more to paint yet, with the RAF to follow after I've done the Italians and sent them to Giorgio.

I'm not going to touch the Spanish and Middle East for the time being.

John
buzzbee1973
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by buzzbee1973 »

Hi John,

wonderful work. Thank you.
Regards

Marcus
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

John Young wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 20:18 I think I'll explore this a couple of steps at a time so I don't get overwhelmed with multiple sceneries for 3 sim versions. I'll start with Gert's ETNL & ETNN for FS9 if someone could post the link(s) for me please?

Once I have those two bases set up I'll then see how these work in FSX. Pete has already kindly sent me the conversion of ETNL for P3D so I'll check that too.

John
John, if you can't find those, this FSX ETNN is ok. Needs a bit of work - it has no parking, but other than that it's ok. I have a modded AFCAD file for it that I can convert from P3Dv4 to FS9 if you need it. An FS9-friendly ETNL is here on Avsim.
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

all the Luftwaffe EF2000's are done for FS9 (which i dont have so no screenshots).
the P3D should be finished tomorrow (thursday) so hopefully some shots.
and then the specials and Spanish unless you want to paint them John, its your model after all.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Ray, I know you did offer to paint the Spanish Typhoons and I'm grateful for that. I really don't want to paint them myself and by all means still do that if you wish.

My concern was if I needed to produce yet more models than the 50 we have already (FS9 and FSX/P3D) to reflect what the Spanish have. I haven't researched that yet, but I'll have a scout around later today. We also need Spanish scenery for all 3 sim versions and I haven't researched that either, but I can ask that question now. What are people using for Los Llanos (LEAB) and Sevill/Moron (LEMO) in each of the sim versions please?

With the exception of Austria, there are a lot of Typhoons in the packages and the other element not yet catered for are the flight plans. Some people, I understand, will want every Typhoon that a nation has, flight planned to flood the parking spots at every airfield. That's why we are painting every aircraft known.

Others, myself included, would like to see a much lower and realistic level, more representative of the real world. Now it might be possible to flight plan everything and then use a percentage value (slider) to reduce the numbers for those that want it that way. It would need to be quite a moderate number, but that percentage would then affect all AI in the user's world. The other way of doing it would be to produce two sets of plans in each package - high volume and more realistic level sets.

I'm not a great lover of flight planning and I have enough to do with modelling and painting. Would anyone care to take on the FP task please?

John
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Soooo nice!!! 8)
PM inbound from your "boring italian mate" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Some clarification needed without boring also the other users... :D

Giorgio
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Not boring at all Giorgio. It was useful to exchange PMs with you.

Just out of interest, the question was - what shade of grey paint is on an Italian Typhoon? The references mostly seem to point to FS36280, but FS36492 is also quoted on some sites. I initially started with the grey I used for the Italian Tornado's, but it seemed a little dark on the Typhoons. FS36280 is very close to that, but also seemed a tad dark. I averaged the RGB values from samples of grey from 11 photographs, but in the end Giorgio decided on the grey used for the MKAI-M-346, which is just a tad warmer. It was the right choice I think:

We couldn't though crack the font used for aircraft numbering. I'm not sure that Dale did either. I found a post on a site from 10 years ago asking that question. It has remained unanswered ever since. Never mind though, "SF Arbocrest medium comes very close".

John
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

John Young wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 06:18 We also need Spanish scenery for all 3 sim versions and I haven't researched that either, but I can ask that question now. What are people using for Los Llanos (LEAB) and Sevill/Moron (LEMO) in each of the sim versions please?

John
John there is a MAIW LEAB

Cheers Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -