The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Eurofighter Typhoon

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Post by Firebird »

Ray,
If your thoughts and Dale's info is correct then they will be on for delivery flights only. My guess is that they will not be doing delivery flights in game so I would ignore the RAF serials.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The Italian paints (92) are all done and dispatched to Giorgio for flight planning.

Before I start the RAF ones, I spent some time today adding an attached afterburner in the model for use in P3D. It works fine in P3Dv4, but I don't have P3Dv5 to test with. Is there a volunteer please with V5 that could do a simple test for me please? I'll provide a Typhoon, test AFCAD and single aircraft flight plan, so all you will need to do is install those bits and observe.

John
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Eurofighter Typhoon

Post by gsnde »

You can pass it over to me, John. Gives me a good reason to boot the FlightSim Computer again.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

You need a reason???
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

These days - yes, Steve. Way to many hours of work, and when I come home, I hardly ever fire up a computer. Family and music serves me better.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Wow. Sorry to hear that you are noy able to enjoy it like you used to.
Steve
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

The gathering of info for the RAF flightplans is going well for RAF Coningsby, seems a good mix of single & multiple aircraft flights. It doesn't seem like too many use the ranges as 95% go & play out at sea, they're on nights this week as well & I'm getting some good info. I'm still playing with the idea of multiple weeks on the fp's but they will be on request only. I'll do standard 1 week flightplans for the main release, these probably won't include any night flights.

As for Lossiemouth that is proving more problematic, looking on radar I've never seen any Typhoons from Lossie out. Callsigns I can find but numbers that go with are looking like guesswork at the moment.
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I would include some night flights Dan if you could please. I'd like users to see the slime lights functional occasionally. Also the lighting at night in P3D is quite striking:

John
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

that does look good John.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Ray has been busy again. This time with another great job - the start of the Saudi paints:

Martin, thanks for offering to test the P3D afterburners. I'll PM you some information.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Oh they do look very nice.
Steve
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

shaggy22 wrote:The gathering of info for the RAF flightplans is going well for RAF Coningsby, seems a good mix of single & multiple aircraft flights. It doesn't seem like too many use the ranges as 95% go & play out at sea, they're on nights this week as well & I'm getting some good info. I'm still playing with the idea of multiple weeks on the fp's but they will be on request only. I'll do standard 1 week flightplans for the main release, these probably won't include any night flights.

As for Lossiemouth that is proving more problematic, looking on radar I've never seen any Typhoons from Lossie out. Callsigns I can find but numbers that go with are looking like guesswork at the moment.
Lossie runway is getting refurbished at the mo, that is why you're not seeing anything. Due back later in the year I believe.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

The current Lossie plan.

Jim
Attachments
thumbnail_FB_IMG_1595414334927.jpg
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

John:

Roger that, I'll include some night flights then, no problems. Also I presume you're doing the QRA jets? I have serials for the last 2 that performed the latest QRA (last week) if that helps. I may create a separate afcad for them to use at CGY unless someone else already has one done for the scenery done by Ian McCartney. Also on the night flights I've noticed that a couple of Falcon 20's operate out of CGY as well playing over the north sea with the Typhoons so I'll do some fp's for those as well

Jim:

That would explain everything, I'll see if I can dig something up from the months previous to the runway being done. I can probably make an estimated guess with them to be honest
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Dan. Yes indeed, I have a Qfit model with 4 SRAAMs + 4 AMRAAMs and no intake covers.

I'm just setting up to start painting the RAF aircraft.

John
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

John Young wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 14:10 Thanks Dan. Yes indeed, I have a Qfit model with 4 SRAAMs + 4 AMRAAMs and no intake covers.

I'm just setting up to start painting the RAF aircraft.

John

Sweet, the 2 Coningsby serials used were ZK302 & ZK308
Dan

TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Good morning all,

I am following the development of this Eurofighter project with interest.
It looks like it'll be a pretty full pack again, with a ton of variations, paints, and sceneries.

I am pleasantly surprised by the spirit of solidarity that there is between John and all the other designers (whether for the paints, for the flight plans, for the sceneries, etc.).

I would like to congratulate you all, and thank you for that (and thank you again for continuing to develop for FS9, because we are still a lot to fly with this version).

Thank you, and good continuation in your work.
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

I'm after a bit of help please, i have 47 serials so far from Scramble but they all say 10sq ?
when i search 3sq nothing comes back ! when i have searched each serial one at a time some come back as 3sq marking but say 10sq on Scrambled egg, does anyone know how many airframes are in each sq or any 3sq info ?

EDIT: these are for the Saudi Air Force
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

well after spending a few hours trolling the WWW. i have tracked down 65 confirmed airframes with picture proof lol.
these are 47 F2 and 18 T3, and it seems almost all 10sq wear their unit badge on the tail where as 3sq only a couple of T3's (4) and
F2 (5) do. perhaps thats why Scrambled egg lists the blank ones as 10sq ??? anyway the Saudi package will be 65 airframes and not 72 i cant find the last 6 (1 written off).
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I see what you mean about the Scramble listing. The one thing that I do know about the Saudi serial numbers is that all include the sqn number. For example '1024' will be for 10 Sqn whilst the next one delivered was '3012 for 3 sqn.

So I would say that 1001-1024 for 10 Sqn. I am not subscribed but I checked that there was a '324' so 3 Sqn must have 301-324. Finally 8001-8024 to 80 Sqn.

Hope this helps.
Steve