The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Eurofighter Typhoon

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Post by TimC340 »

John, I forgot to mention this yesterday - I’m not having the lighting problems you’re reporting in FSX:SE
bismarck wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 10:19
John Young wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 08:57 We only have one other problem to solve and that's the issue of traffic freezes in the overlaid AFCADs for the QRA Typhoons in two of Giorgio's sceneries that have been converted for FSX and P3D. Tim is trying to solve that.

John
The creation of the overlaid AFDs for Grosseto caused me more than one problem, never encountered before, for example with LIRE (3 AFD) or IDF Ramon (LLRM - 4 AFD)
For example, once created the first overlaid LLIR, the main runway disappeared. When sorted out and added the DLIR, same problem as before, plus aircraft coming from certain airports, landed on the closed runway!!!
I think there were some problem related to the layer assigned to the three AFDs.
I can't help with FSX, I can only suggest to try to rebuild LLIR and DLIR from scratch.

Regards, Giorgio
The issue of AI using a closed runway is a known one, and I’m not aware of a cure. The secondary runway at LIRS is no longer in use as far as I can tell; the markings have been allowed to pretty much wear away, and the arrestor gear has gone, so removing the secondary runway altogether is probably the easiest answer to that.

The problem of aircraft jumping from one taxy network to another with superimposed AFCADs is causing some sleepless nights! I am making some progress, but it’s definitely not easy. The simultaneous take-off (and occasionally landing) of the Q aircraft is a really nice feature, and I’d really like it to work reliably in FSX and P3D. I will get there, but it may take some time yet!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Tim, I'm re-assured by your no lighting problem report.

Don't lose sleep on the Italian QRA AFCADs. Giorgio made them work in FS9, only after considerable efforts, but that's no guarantee that they will work in FSX/P3D, particularly with different approach characteristics.

I think by the end of the weekend, I should have the 12 Typhoon packages (6 FS9 and 6 FSX/P3D) ready for upload and I can drop changes into Italy at the last minute. We could hold back on releasing the Italian FSX/P3D version after that, but I think you should set yourself a time limit. so feel free to abort the AFCDs at any time.

In that event, could you transfer the QRA parking spots to the main AFCAD's please? I can then amend the flight plans accordingly.

John
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Yes, no problem John. I’m busy in the studio doing MSFS stuff today (exciting!), but I’ll make sure I have a backup single AFCAD ready to go before I spend more time on trying to make the Q system work. That way we can call a halt at any point when you’re ready to publish.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Tim, that's ideal.

John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The Typhoon project comprises:

- 6677 files

- 13 Packages

- 28 models x 2 for FS9 and FSX/P3D

- A complex and finely balanced FDE

- 465 paints x 2 for FS9 and FSX/P3D

- 27 flight plans x 2 for FS9 and FSX/P3D

- 17 sceneries

Total build time has been 3.5 months thanks to some incredible work from the 15 people here who joined me to make this a true team effort. This, in no particular order, is “Team Typhoon”:

It’s been a pleasure to work with all these people and I am pleased to get all the packages over the line together.

I need to qualify that just a tad. John Tenn has been beavering away on some new custom scenery of Albacete (LEAB) Spain, but it was always optimistic for him to be able to do that in a short time scale. We agreed that he should take his time and regard this as a work in progress, In the meantime the existing MAIW LEAB scenery is used. Similarly, Tim would like to continue to refine a couple of the Italian AFCAD files for FSX and P3D, but again, as work in progress.

The 12 Typhoon packages plus Ian’s RAF Coningsby for P3D (too big to include in the UK Typhoon FSX/P3D package) are now with Greg to add to the Download Hangar. As always, please allow him the time to do that.

Team Typhoon
merlin101
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by merlin101 »

All of you are fantastic in what you produce! Job well done & looking forward to installing it all soon. Thanks again everyone.
Dave
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It will take me some days to go through and personalize these packs for installation into my system - and I am looking forward to every second!
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Brilliant effort, John. It’s been a pleasure to be a small part of it.

I am continuing to work on the FSX/P3D Italian bases, and hope to have that work completed in the next couple of weeks.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Stunning job John. Look forward to installing these into my sim. :D
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

It was a pleasure & a joy to be a part of it, having seen the Typhoons in testing they really are fantastic models. Looking forward to seeing the finished product
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

A big thank to John for another fantastic model, and a big thank also to all other people involved.
Can't wait to see Typhoon of other countries !!!

Giorgio
Attachments
LIRS_Scramble_01.jpg
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Outstanding package with a popular model aside, the core acknowledgement of the various individuals that had a hand in the final product is great to see.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thank you very much for all the new Typhoons!!

Saudi Arabia has got new Saudi National Day liveries.

https://www.scramble.nl/military-news/r ... tional-day

I downloaded all the new Typhoon packs, but didn't open them so I am not sure if these liveries were included. Were they? I am not requesting them if they weren't, I am just curious if this special livery is included.
springbok86
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by springbok86 »

Thanks for this. Truly epic
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The date of the Scramble announcement of the Special liveries is 19 September. Ray painted the Saudi Typhoons well before then, so no, they are not included.

John
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

John Young wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 12:57 The date of the Scramble announcement of the Special liveries is 19 September. Ray painted the Saudi Typhoons well before then, so no, they are not included.

John
Im sure Tranquil will be on it :)
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Many Thanks to John and all other MAIW members who help him in this fabulous project of Typhoon.

What an impressive pack !!! Great job from all of you !!!

Cangratulations and Big Thanks
Jonjon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jonjon »

Many thanks to all the team!

An impressive work, with regular news teasing us, an impressive involvment for all of you, really fantastic.
As I have no words, simply thank you all! :D

Best regards

Fred
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

Garysb wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 14:31
John Young wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 12:57 The date of the Scramble announcement of the Special liveries is 19 September. Ray painted the Saudi Typhoons well before then, so no, they are not included.

John
ouch Gary..very ouch !
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

f4nutter wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 17:45
Garysb wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 14:31

John
ouch Gary..very ouch !
Sorry Ray i realised you painted some of them

Great package bye the way !

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -