The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Dans bits & bobs

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Dans bits & bobs

Post by John Young »

That's a lovely smooth model and paint Dan/Mark. Well done.

John
gvbeek
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by gvbeek »

- Gert van B.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

If Gert approves I can post a P3Dv4 version of his scenery in the next couple of days. Just need to insert pushback stoppers. The scenery looks great in v4 !!
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
gvbeek
Captain
Captain

Post by gvbeek »

petebramley wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 16:32 If Gert approves I can post a P3Dv4 version of his scenery in the next couple of days. Just need to insert pushback stoppers. The scenery looks great in v4 !!
It's OK with me but I prefer a FS9 SU22 PLEASE.
- Gert van B.
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Thanks chaps. The model hasn't been made for FS9 to my knowledge, if it has then the paints are easy enough to convert. As the flightplans are multi week you'll have to remove 7 of the 8 weeks in them
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

RMAI SU-22 converted to FSX by Henk, converted from what?
Had a quick search at the usual sites and can find no mention of an earlier version !
Pete B
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

petebramley wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 19:58 RMAI SU-22 converted to FSX by Henk, converted from what?
Had a quick search at the usual sites and can find no mention of an earlier version !
The original model was for FS9. It was available on a German forum (DDR forum). But the author retired the original model. Only a few lucky guys have this FS9 model.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

gvbeek wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 17:23
petebramley wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 16:32 If Gert approves I can post a P3Dv4 version of his scenery in the next couple of days. Just need to insert pushback stoppers. The scenery looks great in v4 !!
It's OK with me but I prefer a FS9 SU22 PLEASE.
The original Su-22 model was available on DDR Forum. You can ask there (https://forum.ddr-flugzeuge.de/viewtopi ... c5c0#p8347) (on page 17) to receive it. I've this model and a make a back conversion of FSX texture to use them with FS9 model.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

shaggy22 wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 18:31 Thanks chaps. The model hasn't been made for FS9 to my knowledge, if it has then the paints are easy enough to convert. As the flightplans are multi week you'll have to remove 7 of the 8 weeks in them
Of course yes the model was made for FS9. The original is for FS9 (RMAI model, on DDR Forum : https://forum.ddr-flugzeuge.de/viewtopi ... c5c0#p8347)
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

That explains why I could not find it. Can it be made available for our FS9 users ?
Pete B
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Here is the conversion of EPSN to P3Dv4

Many thanks to Gert Van Beek
Attachments
EPSN GvB P3Dv4.zip
(23.69 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Pete B
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Thanks guys , much appreciated
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Having looked at that post it just seems that the original models are no longer available from that dropbox account rather than having been removed.

So has anybody got the original package?
Steve
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

petebramley wrote: 09 Oct 2020, 08:04 That explains why I could not find it. Can it be made available for our FS9 users ?
I've the original FS9 model. But I don't have his authorisation to upload it on other places than DDR Forum... sorry.
paul day
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by paul day »

In the new Su-22 package, texture 3819 is missing in the aircraft CFG. No biggy just add it.

Regards Paul Day
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Thanks for the heads up Paul. There's also a flightplan missing for that airframe as well. I'll get that uploaded probably tomorrow, thanks to Steve for pointing that out
Dan

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

A little piece of information here regarding the FS9 models.

With a lot of help from TheFoufure I have been able to work out that what he holds is exactly the package that was made available by Mehlin on that forum previously mentioned back in 2016. So it would seem that if you hunt around your HDs you may find a package called 'AI_Su-22.zip'. All that you need to do is convert the textures from the Polish pack and alter the names of the models.

The model names are different from the ones in the conversion pack, in fact there is one more M4 model in the FS9 pack.
One other thing I did find is that at first it looks like all the models are the same but in fact the weapons are invisible until pre-start when they appear.

For those that are interested such info the weapons on the M4_guided1 are the AS-9 Kyle and the ones on the M4_guided2 are the AS-7 Kerry.
Steve
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Flightplans for the RAF Shadow fleet & the remaining RAF Sentry's in active service. Some the repaints haven't been released yetbut are included in these plans. I've also included a single Sentinel & a single RC-135, with 8 week plans for RIAT basically. I'll release the whole RIAT flightplans project in a month or so once I've gotten them all together
Attachments
RAF ISTAR.zip
(37.35 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Dan

shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Flightplans for the 4 Il-80 "Maxdome" aircraft based at Chkalovsky just outside of Moscow. There are varying reports as to how many are active, as is normally the case in Russia, so I've just done all 4 & if & when any info becomes available about the Il-80 it's fairly easy to sort out. They fly to random waypoints in & around Russia & then return to CHK when they're finished
Attachments
VVS Il-80 Chkalovskiy.zip
(14.66 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Dan

shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Been working on a few repaints of late, I'm not one of the best painters you'll ever see & these are only really intended as a stop gap until someone does better ones, but they'll do for time being 8) Once I'm happy with them I'll stick them on the hangar.

Firstly I've redone the 224th Flying Unit An-124's, I'm not sure about uploading these ones as I basically used 90% of the work that was done, all I did was what the big Russian star on the tail of some of them, changed the serials & added the names on the front of 2 of them.

Secondly I have the Rolls Royce Spitfire PRXIX based at East Midlands Airport, that one I will definitely upload here with the usual flightplans as well

And thirdly I have done the Russian Air Force Il-76MD-90A's, same as the An-124's with these a regards to whether I'll release them or not. I probably will as I did quite a bit more work with these than I did with the 124's

Dan