The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Fairford

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Fairford

Post by shaggy22 »

For quite a while I've been doing a project with RAF Fairford utilising the 8 week flight planning system I've recently got my head around. In essence RIAT happens once every 8 weeks & when there is no show there is either only U-2's active or a USAF Bomber deployment. There's more than 200 aircraft I've planned in for the "show week" including visiting support aircraft as well, some of the aircraft that I've planned are completely unrealistic, HHA SU-22 & ROKAF F-15K's with a support A330 spring to mind but the vast majority have been before or are likely to attend a real life RIAT. The parking spaces on the south also are not particularly realistic & there's quite a bit of artistic license to get enough spaces for everything. This is also by no means the finished article either. Apologies for the amount of pics but there is quite a lot of aircraft to show, anyway on with the screenies.

Image1 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image2 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image3 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image4 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image5 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image6 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image7 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image8 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image9 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image10 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image11 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image12 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image13 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image14 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image15 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image16 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image17 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image18 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image19 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image20 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image21 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image22 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image23 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image24 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image25 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image26 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image27 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image28 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image29 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image30 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image31 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image32 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image33 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr

Image34 by Dan Reeves, on Flickr
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Fairford

Post by f4nutter »

I look forward to this scenery, BTW there is a digi camo for the SU-27's 8)
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Most of the scenery is an old payware sadly that I redid a few textures on & I can't release it sadly. I can do the ADE file of course. The digi camo Flankers are on the hangar somewhere I think, just need someone to do the Su-25's now though :D . I can send the Su-27's to you though if they're not
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

shaggy22 wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 14:02 Most of the scenery is an old payware sadly that I redid a few textures on & I can't release it sadly. I can do the ADE file of course. The digi camo Flankers are on the hangar somewhere I think, just need someone to do the Su-25's now though :D . I can send the Su-27's to you though if they're not
Hello

If you can share the ADE file it's a good news. Can you share your FP with the ADE too ?

If we have the payware scenery (I buy the Air Tatoo Payware scenery a lot of year ago for my FS2004) can you share the modified texture ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

TheFoufure wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 16:06
shaggy22 wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 14:02 Most of the scenery is an old payware sadly that I redid a few textures on & I can't release it sadly. I can do the ADE file of course. The digi camo Flankers are on the hangar somewhere I think, just need someone to do the Su-25's now though :D . I can send the Su-27's to you though if they're not
Hello

If you can share the ADE file it's a good news. Can you share your FP with the ADE too ?

If we have the payware scenery (I buy the Air Tatoo Payware scenery a lot of year ago for my FS2004) can you share the modified texture ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards
I will share what I have once I am done with them, shouldn't be too long
Dan

f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

it was me who painted the digi camo SU-27's :D
Attachments
750size.bmp
750size.bmp (165.29 KiB) Viewed 1744 times
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

f4nutter wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 19:08 it was me who painted the digi camo SU-27's :D
I did wonder :D You don't want to do the Su-25's do you :mrgreen:
Dan

davem
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by davem »

My "Fairford for FSX" from 2009 is freeware if you can find it on one of the download sites? Plenty of standard parking and you're more than welcome to redo the ADE to fit with what you want and the release the whole thing again??
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Great stuff Dan! I look at all those models and it brings back so many good memories of the people involved, the struggles involved, the problem solving, the people that have come and gone, some come back only to disappear again and some have been here since day one in 2006. So many people, so many great times, so much frustration at times, so much coordination with people I only know through this site from around the world, it's truly amazing!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

That's not the one in used in the main, apart from the B-2 hangar & the north side hangar, it was a different scenery. Definitely payware that was
MIKE JG wrote: 26 Nov 2020, 21:01 Great stuff Dan! I look at all those models and it brings back so many good memories of the people involved, the struggles involved, the problem solving, the people that have come and gone, some come back only to disappear again and some have been here since day one in 2006. So many people, so many great times, so much frustration at times, so much coordination with people I only know through this site from around the world, it's truly amazing!
Thanks Mike, it's great to see the older models out there in P3D. Most still look ace as well
Dan

tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

hi dan do you know where to find the default air tattoo scenery for p3d?
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

tornado3367 wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 14:21 hi dan do you know where to find the default air tattoo scenery for p3d?
I have no idea I'm afraid.

I know I said here I will release the flightplans for it, but as you've probably guessed I'm running a retro scenery right now. So eventually I'll come to do another RIAT with a retro feel to it which I will release with the modern one. That will take a very long time though.
Dan

tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

thanks dan :D
patrouille
Cadet
Cadet

Post by patrouille »

I would love a copy of this for FS9. Cheers
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

I'm guessing it's not something that can be converted to FS9? I used to use ADE9 but that was 10 years ago and I can't remember if there was a process...

I've just fired up FS2004 after a decade away, lol. Looking for UK scenery and hoping someone has completed my past wish lists while I've been out of the game.

I'm based in Gloucestershire so definitely wanting to see a better MAIW-inspired Fairford and Brize compared to the outdated sceneries I used to run.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Can't really help you with FS9 anymore but... welcome back Dan! :)
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

Greg wrote: 01 Apr 2022, 13:04 Can't really help you with FS9 anymore but... welcome back Dan! :)
Hey Greg, thanks!

I am hesitant to declare I'm "back" lol but it is really nice to find you all continue here... :smt006
Dan