The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Mother Russia

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: Mother Russia

Post by gsnde »

I would suggest to do just that, Giorgio. It will help people and spares you from coming back to this for the next 7 years... :-)

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: Mother Russia SKJ/SBAI AN-12

Post by ajs1964 »

Hi guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have downloaded the SBAI/SKJ AN-12 series for Mother Russia flight plans, which I am using in my FSXSE. My problem is the aircraft displays a black square instead of a rotating propeller. I believe this is suggestive of a missing texture file and indeed there is no prop texture file in any of the a/c texture folders as there is in other prop a/c I have. I am aware of fixes for FS9 prop a/c imports to FSX and have had no issues previously, but without an original prop texture to replace I am stuck. I would be grateful for any suggestions. :cry:
Cheers
Andrew
swp53
Captain
Captain

Post by swp53 »

Hi Andrew,
See if this helps you it is a FS9 texture but should work or I can change it to a dds if needed just let me know.
Regards.
Steve
Attachments
prop_SKJ_AN12.bmp
prop_SKJ_AN12.bmp (21.43 KiB) Viewed 1583 times
Past Beta Tester
ajs1964
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ajs1964 »

Hi Steve and John, thanks so much :smt023
Much better with an actual prop disc to view than a black square. As you say might need a bit of fine tuning but its a whole lot better than what I had.
Thanks again, happy Easter and cheers

Andrew
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

bismarck wrote: 25 Feb 2020, 15:47 Hello all,
at the end, I decided to summarize what I’ve done up to now, for my OLD FS9 setup, related to the Russian military aviation.
I'm going to upload a file containing the flightplans I use for my Russian skies.
I started work on this many years ago, when the first Russian aircraft became available. I never released nothing about this job, mainly because it was, and still is, almost impossible to produce a complete package.

Here what you can find in this package, so you can decide to download it or not.

1) 21 traffic files for 1,198 aircraft based at 59 different airports. (see “Traffic file” sheet in the Excel file)
2) Russia_2020.xlsx. This is the master file I’ve used to summarize data for the project.
3) Raw data for all Traffic_xxx.bgl (.txt files)
4) A long list of files used for the project (see the “Files” sheet in the the Excel file).

More info in the readme, if you need clarification, just ask here.

Regards, Giorgio
Hi Giorgio

Were can I find this package please.

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

In the hangar. Search for mother Russia
Giorgio
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

gsnde wrote: 26 Feb 2020, 12:44
VulcanDriver wrote: 26 Feb 2020, 08:40 Love the Russian stuff. Has the new AI Blackjack been released?
Funny that this is coming up just now :smt001
Sergey has told me today that he will start doing the final touches on the model this week.
Did I miss it, or is it still in the pipeline?

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It is still in the pipeline.
The model is complete it is a case of adding LODs. This is modelling and all I have is done is compiled. I am trying to use the MCX tool that adds LODs, which works but then plays all animations permanently.

If it comes to the worst we can release with a single LOD as there were only ever 36 built.
Steve
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Firebird wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 08:42 It is still in the pipeline.
The model is complete it is a case of adding LODs. This is modelling and all I have is done is compiled. I am trying to use the MCX tool that adds LODs, which works but then plays all animations permanently.

If it comes to the worst we can release with a single LOD as there were only ever 36 built.
Cheers Steve
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Firebird wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 08:42 It is still in the pipeline.

A single LOD model is better than what we have right now (none at all)... So would be more than happy to see the release that... Assuming it's for P3D that is...
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Not so long anymore....

From mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

On the topic... Any chance we will see the Mig-23, Su-24 or Su-15 anytime soon?
Muckinator2005
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by Muckinator2005 »

jetpilot1980 wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 18:43 On the topic... Any chance we will see the Mig-23, Su-24 or Su-15 anytime soon?
That depends on your definition of soon. At least for part of it we're getting closer.
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

will all the Russia stuff be for all flight simultion
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Muckinator2005 wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 20:13
jetpilot1980 wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 18:43 On the topic... Any chance we will see the Mig-23, Su-24 or Su-15 anytime soon?
That depends on your definition of soon. At least for part of it we're getting closer.
Next month or two?
Muckinator2005
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by Muckinator2005 »

jetpilot1980 wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 21:07
Muckinator2005 wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 20:13
Next month or two?
Not next month, that's for sure, due to real-life events.
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

bismarck wrote: 03 Mar 2020, 10:31 Thanks Steve.
Up to now, only Foufure ask me for the file, that I sent him by mail.
If other requests will come up, I'll upload what needed, specifying that it is only in order to preserve the work of someone else.

Regards, GIorgio
Only a year late to the show, but any chance you still have the MiG-31 repaints (f)lying around? I think they're the last few I need to finish installing this magnificent project of yours :smt003

I'd have posted much, much sooner, but my old ISP had some issues that prevented me from posting to MAIW and sending PM's due to spam protection being triggered every time :?

I have a few other notes on the project, but as it's been a while since it was uploaded, I'm not sure they're still relevant :)
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

RKE wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 09:29
If other requests will come up, I'll upload what needed, specifying that it is only in order to preserve the work of someone else.

Regards, GIorgio
Only a year late to the show, but any chance you still have the MiG-31 repaints (f)lying around? I think they're the last few I need to finish installing this magnificent project of yours :smt003

I'd have posted much, much sooner, but my old ISP had some issues that prevented me from posting to MAIW and sending PM's due to spam protection being triggered every time :?

I have a few other notes on the project, but as it's been a while since it was uploaded, I'm not sure they're still relevant :)
Which files do you need?
Up to now I've been asked to send via mail just the AB-Khotilovo-aircraft.zip. All other files related to Mig-31 seems to be available from the usual sites. Have a look at the readme and the Excel spreadsheet and let me know.
If you need something, I need to know your mail.

Regards, Giorgio
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

bismarck wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 12:26
RKE wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 09:29

Regards, GIorgio

Which files do you need?
Up to now I've been asked to send via mail just the AB-Khotilovo-aircraft.zip. All other files related to Mig-31 seems to be available from the usual sites. Have a look at the readme and the Excel spreadsheet and let me know.
If you need something, I need to know your mail.

Regards, Giorgio
It's the MiG-31 repaints from AB-Khotilovo-aircraft.zip I'm missing, as I've got just about everything else installed now (bar some paints from the old-old flyingcarpet75 site).

My mail is robotrus at gmail.com