The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Aerospatiale Gazelle

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
fex
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Aerospatiale Gazelle

Post by fex »

There is this one guy on MAIW with the name JYAI who keeps creating unbelievable models for all FS (yes FS9 too) :smt003
And then there is this other guy called John Young who comes around the corner & just loves to top him and knock another ball out of the park!!!!!

John & all you modelers and scenery creaters and and and... (forgive me if i forgot one area)
You guys absolutely rock & keep FS alive.

Fantastic stuff guys!!!!!

Fex
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Hey there John...

These look amazing as usual.

Is the scenery for Culdrose new?

Trev
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

No, it's the existing Culdrose from Gary and others. All I've done for FS9 and FSX, with Gary's permission, is add 4 parking codes and deleted the Merlin files (not contemporary with the Gazelles). P3D needed the same plus a new flatten and exclude file and conversion of some object libraries to P3D format.

The 4 French bases by comparison are a pig. I've spent a few hours scouting around. It's amazing what some authors do to stop people downloading their work - like requiring paid subscriptions to the site or forcing a two-hour wait between downloads if not taken out.

I need to ponder what to do about those 4 bases, or I'm in for a lot of scenery work.

John
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

John Young wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 16:23 P3D needed the same plus a new flatten and exclude file and conversion of some object libraries to P3D format.
Thats the bit then...As i have Culdrose in P3D from Gary but not seeing any green roof hangers ...lol....for some reason cant remember when i installed it or even if its a fsx version..old age creeping in
A25777
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by A25777 »

This is fantastic..
Your Gazelle models look so real with those beautiful screenshots.
Alex
Bora
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Bora »

Another fantastic masterpiece !!

Thanks a lot for all your great work John !
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The scenery for the French Gazelle packages is proving a challenge. I need to be able to include links to base sceneries that users can download, over which I can supply my own helicopter AFCAD overlays.

There are 4 sceneries required x 3 for FS9, FSX and P3D:

Phalsbourg/Bourcheild (LFQP) - I have found FS9 and FSX versions, but the FSX version is not a user-friendly download. Not tested in P3D yet.

Etain/Rouvres (LFQE) - I have found nothing for FS9 and the FSX version is not a user-friendly download. Not tested in P3D yet.

Le Lec/Le Cannet (LFMC) - I have found nothing for FS9 and the FSX version is not a user-friendly download. Not tested in P3D yet.

Pau (LFBP) - I have found both FS9 and FSX sceneries but I still need to evaluate them.

Can anyone suggest anything for LFQE and LFMC for FS9 please, or for any of the others that might be useful?

Have I missed anything in any of the MAIW packages?

John
Jonjon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jonjon »

Hi all,
I’ll have a look this morning, I think I got some usable ones. Need to check if they still are available somewhere
Regards

Fred
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

John Young wrote: 08 Feb 2021, 06:23 The scenery for the French Gazelle packages is proving a challenge. I need to be able to include links to base sceneries that users can download, over which I can supply my own helicopter AFCAD overlays.

There are 4 sceneries required x 3 for FS9, FSX and P3D:

Phalsbourg/Bourcheild (LFQP) - I have found FS9 and FSX versions, but the FSX version is not a user-friendly download. Not tested in P3D yet.

Etain/Rouvres (LFQE) - I have found nothing for FS9 and the FSX version is not a user-friendly download. Not tested in P3D yet.

Le Lec/Le Cannet (LFMC) - I have found nothing for FS9 and the FSX version is not a user-friendly download. Not tested in P3D yet.

Pau (LFBP) - I have found both FS9 and FSX sceneries but I still need to evaluate them.

Can anyone suggest anything for LFQE and LFMC for FS9 please, or for any of the others that might be useful?

Have I missed anything in any of the MAIW packages?

John
Hello John,

I just send you an email with FS9 AFCAD for ALAT Airbases. Adding some objects from MAIW French Airbases Libraries could be suffisant.
These AFCAD (ADE) are from JohnTenn.

Regards.
Jonjon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jonjon »

I think I have everything,
Sent on PM ;)

Fred
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

Hi John,

FYI, this place covers the whole of SW France... http://occitania.gratisim.fr/fs/fsx.htm
It includes a very picturesque LFBP including a heli afcad "AFX_LFB2_64b.bgl". Even has some static Gazelles :-D

I have another heli afcad "AF2_FBP2.bgl" which I think came with the Super Pumas?

Those two heli afcads cover different areas (the latter to the east of the former), but I don't think they quite knit together. They overlap slightly.

Jim
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

Sorry , separate page for P3Dv4 version of the France-Occitania scenery I mentioned...

http://occitania.gratisim.fr/fs/P3DV4.htm
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Jim.

LFQP, LFQE and LFMC from fafzone.fr, works very well in FSX/P3D, as does LFBP from occitania.gratsim. John Tenn has also donated a set of 4 AFCAD files for the same airfields for FS9. I already have LFQE up and running with test Gazelles in 3 sim versions.

That just leaves me with 3 more airfields to set up and with two dilemma's:

- do I attempt to provide a separate overlay and traffic file for example, Puma traffic, that shares some of the same airfields? I'm assuming we have some Puma's for FSX/P3D somewhere.

- how far do I go in adding library objects to the FS9 AFCADs. I don't really want to get hung up making FS9 scenery, especially for 4 airfields.

John
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

I keep checking everyday for the UK package....never thought this little heli would have me so eager to see...

Lots of childhood memories watching 'The Sharks' displays at Culdrose
Delboy99
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by Delboy99 »

Just downloaded the FSX Gazelle package and they look great. Thanks for producing another superb package john.

One little thing I noticed, the textures for the Bruggen aircraft in the aircraft.cfg file need correcting. They are missing the "_" . For example at the moment they show "Bruggen XX386" should be "Bruggen_XX386". Very easy to correct in AIAE or directly in the .cfg file.
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

Best Christmas ever, its is Christmas right, it has to be for this to happen, thank you Mr Young
mins
Captain
Captain

Post by mins »

Thank you for the first great project this year. ^ ^b

John's models are always looking forward to it.

I hope it will be a long time for this great work. ^ ^;;

Take care of yourself.
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Downloaded and looks awesome... looking to swap out for a high pitch audio for them.

Never fails to impress....looking forward to checking the rest of the package later

many thanks for this wonderful creation
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

thank you for the chicken drummers John lovely looking model.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Perfect as always! Now I can finally end my RAF Brüggen basement workshop with this beauties as the cherry on the cake. Thank you John!
Regards, Manfred.